• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Question: Is a yard in Europe considered a meter?
In German a penalty is an "Elfmeter", literally "eleven meters".
Viva, I think you meant three feet in one metre, which I know. And three feet is considered a yard in the states (or anywhere where it is Imperial).
Or anywhere at all, since it's an imperial unit.

I found out recently that tablespoons are different in the UK and US, and don't exist on the continent.

Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport. Football is just a sport.

I gotta relax. I gotta relax. I gotta relax. I gotta relax. I gotta relax. I gotta relax.

Bayern have been undoubtedly the better side over both legs. Not sure if Madrid have been outplayed or just off their game, but they can count themselves fortunate to be still in this match

dc89

GAF, I saw the local newspaper today, on the front cover it showed two young men (16 & 23) who have recently collapsed and died playing football.

One was playing 5 a side and the other 11 a side. Seeing shit like that in your local area makes you think and worry. Just wanted to share and say RIP.

untitled-13fnjem.gif

I still can't believe Gomez missed that chance. I expect Madrid to go on and win this now after a pep talk from Mourinho.

panty

Why the hell are we playing so bad. We're just keeping the ball, it's not moving. Then we move it back to the defence and then someone kicks a long ball and it just doesn't work.

FUCK

Noirulus

Everyone needs to remember that over the last 10 matches, Madrid's form has been terrible apart from a few games here and there. Combine that with the fatigue from playing so much the past month and you have a fairly mediocre Madrid side. :/

Wilbur

Banned
Bayern have been undoubtedly the better side over both legs. Not sure if Madrid have been outplayed or just off their game, but they can count themselves fortunate to be still in this match

I keep saying it, but they must be knackered. Bayern had the liberty of resting a few players because their game at the weekend meant nothing. Real had to be switched on for Nou Camp.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's good that bayern held onto extra time, if madrid scores they still have a chance because they just need one goal. would've been retarded to go all out in the last 10 minutes only to have a madrid counter finish you off. there's 30 more minutes to get that one goal.

Kyoufu

Wait, if its a goal scoring draw on aggregate from now on Bayern go through?

No, both teams have 1 away goal each.

If Bayern score again they go 1 away goal up so drawing on agg will do Real nothing, they'd need 2 to win.

edit: misread, yeah if both teams score 1 each in extra time bayern win

Pretty sure it does, doesn't it?

Away goal rule is pretty shit. Remove it tbh.

Too right, it placed too much emphasis on home advantage, and the team which wins extra time is the better team as they have to fight for it rather than settling for a loss and going through as sometimes happens.

Top Bottom