• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

New thread awww yea. Kagawa is starting right?

Oh you.

ibsIVzccVpO2b2.gif

I approve of this gif

Kyoufu

Back to back PL titles. We can do it, but we have to sign some top players.

You already have top players...

Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez, Kompany, Lescott, Yaya Toure, David "Mancrush" Silva...

Jesus

you don't need anyone. lol

WJD

Looking forward to seeing The Kag™ start today. I expect at least an assist or I'm branding him a flop.

Messi

“I’m going to try to win Valdes’ spot, I’m ambitious.I’m not sure Victor is aware of the threat I pose.”– FC Barcelona reserve goalkeeper Manuel Pinto in a press conference on Thursday.

No please Pinto, tell us more.

tumblr_lftbehEa7N1qe92ip.gif

“I’m going to try to win Valdes’ spot, I’m ambitious.I’m not sure Victor is aware of the threat I pose.”– FC Barcelona reserve goalkeeper Manuel Pinto in a press conference on Thursday.

No please Pinto, tell us more.

tumblr_lftbehEa7N1qe92ip.gif

Isnt Pinto like 35, 36?

....lol

WJD

Becks used to be such an incredible player. It feels like he's been retrospectively underrated due to his celebrity lifestyle.

Labadal

It's interesting to read about our owners' expectations for the season. They're giving Rodgers time to plan for the future. They know we might not actually make it to the CL, seeing how far behind we actually are. It gives us some stability. We've had too many manager swaps and that never ends well. It's good to know that he can work under a little less pressure. He might have been successful at previous clubs, but this is a step up in his career, and not piling on the pressure, he might do ok.
On the other hand, I wonder what message this sends to the players? Some of them want to play in the best competitions, and they know they're good enough to do so. Would it then not be more appealing to go to a club that has performed better than us the last seasons?
City want Skrtel, Barca want Agger, Juve in for Suarez, Reina's future at the club isn't 100% either. I know these are rumours, but IF they left, can we sign players of the same quality? I hope so.

Arnie

Becks used to be such an incredible player. It feels like he's been retrospectively underrated due to his celebrity lifestyle.
I think moving away from the Premier League hurt his footballing persona, even if it boosted his celebrity one. Sure, being part of the Galacticos was a sign of his immense quality, but us English folk tend to devalue footballers who don't play in the PL. I think not being able to watch him week in, week out, for the best part and parts of his career damaged how we understand him as a footballer, and thus his celebrity persona takes centre stage.

Clegg

Darren Can with dem truth bombs:

@Darren_Can
People honestly believe United think going public with bid would literally result in fans going to buy season tickets?! Christ alive.

@Darren_Can
"Not renewing this season Gary." - "Why, Steve?" - "Too expensive." --"WHOA! Hang on! Fergie says United want RVP. Where's my credit card?"

Messi

I think moving away from the Premier League hurt his footballing persona, even if it boosted his celebrity one. Sure, being part of the Galacticos was a sign of his immense quality, but us English folk tend to devalue footballers who don't play in the PL. I think not being able to watch him week in, week out, for the best part and parts of his career damaged how we understand him as a footballer, and thus his celebrity persona takes centre stage.

Kind of like how no regular football fans in England/Ireland knew who Sergio Agueroooooooooooo was until he started playing for Man City then he became hot shit to everyone. I assume the same would happen for Hulk/Cavani/Falcao

spidye

oh Alice, you so wicked

Bad news for Bayern. Alaba (and Rafinha) have been injured yesterday and will be out for a couple of weeks. Stupid Napoli!

First you kill our god-tier Schweinsteiger, now Austrian-tier Alaba?

alaba's injury is a huge blow. he'll be out for at least 8 weeks.
:(

Clegg

United team to play Ajax Cape Town.

Amos
Vermijl, Wootton, Ferdinand, Blackett
Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson
Kagawa, Chicharito.

It looks like a 4-4-1-1 with Kagawa playing just behind Hernandez. But that would mean Anderson playing on the wing. Not sure about this.

Arnie

Kind of like how no regular football fans in England/Ireland knew who Sergio Agueroooooooooooo was until he started playing for Man City then he became hot shit to everyone. I assume the same would happen for Hulk/Cavani/Falcao
Pretty much. Just seen the highlights of the GB match last night and it's unbelievable how much better that Brazil squad is. The likes of them, Uruguay, and a half decent Spain side will make the Olympics entertaining.

Oscar looked good, as did that Lucas Moura when he came on.

Was funny how it was Richards who made the horrendous mistake that led to Brazil's second, considering the collective tears from the English public when he wasn't selected for the Euros.

Messi

I hope Kawaga plays in the friendly between Man United and Barcelona.

I see the new Man United kit is out. Might pop down to the shop and see what the collar feels like when being worn.

Slizz

United team to play Ajax Cape Town.

Amos
Vermijl, Wootton, Ferdinand, Blackett
Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson
Kagawa, Chicharito.

It looks like a 4-4-1-1 with Kagawa playing just behind Hernandez. But that would mean Anderson playing on the wing. Not sure about this.

Needs some more cardio anyways and its a friendly

Slizz

I hope Kawaga plays in the friendly between Man United and Barcelona.

I see the new Man United kit is out. Might pop down to the shop and see what the collar feels like when being worn.

The away one or home? Either way try em both and let me know how they are. Last years kit wasn't as soft as the 2010 kit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Alineación México: Corona; Jiménez; Salcido; Chávez; Herrera; Fabián; Peralta; Aquino; Reyes; Vidrio y Ponce. DT. L.F. Tena
Alineación Japón: Gonda; Tokunaga; Ohgihara; Sakai; Yoshida; Higashi; Nagai; Suzuki; Usami; Yamaguchi y Kiyotake. DT. T. Sekizuka

GET HYPE MOTHERFUCKERS

also lol Gio is benched

Messi

The away one or home? Either way try em both and let me know how they are. Last years kit wasn't as soft as the 2010 kit.

The away one. I found the new home one is very rough material on the skin. Not a huge fan considering the nike Euro kits were so soft and so are Barcelona's this season (thank fuck). Last seasons Barca home kit was torture.

RVP AND Suarez? LOL BBC.

Looks like we're moving towards Jojo. Can't say that's necessarily a bad thing. 22 years old, relatively low salary, still growing. I'm wondering if we can't transform him into something of a false 9 up front. He has the pace and dribbling. Could play a lot like Giuseppe Rossi does, I imagine.

dc89

I love how it says 'Coming Up: City are Champions' as if the madness is not enough.
So goood. Playing ep 2 myself tonight.

It's a awesome GIF made by our own Sunhi.

I love Hart and Clichy. Even when they are hugging you can see Hart squeeze him even tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom