• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Everton has just been wrecking our backline this entire half. DDG is our MotM so far but that isn't hard. Kag has made some great passes as well but our mid field hasnt been doing enough. Is Fabio inured?

Shinji

jmiTbpeWFF5LO.jpg

I came.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everton played really well, much better than the early season shite they normally serve up.

bud

i've been trying really hard to see some xavi/iniesta in that cleverly kid, but so far all i can see is spearing.

everton are better. they should've scored a goal.

Wilbur

Banned
First of all, Everton have been fantastic. If they keep this up over the course of the year I wouldn't bet against them breaking up the top six hegemony. Fellaini and Distin in particular have been great.

Overall it's been alright. De Gea has been fantastic, his save from Pienaar's shot was wonderful. Defence is looking creaky but I'll put that down to two midfielders, a returning long time absentee and Patrice fucking Evra (although I will moan about the free kick Baines took just before half time because Vidic did nothing Fellaini has been doing all game.

Cleverley's looked bright without doing much, Scholes has been okay but I'm scared every time he goes for a 50/50. Kagawa's been very impressive for me, always plays with his head up, has had some deft touches and the pass and cross to Welbeck and Rooney respectively were sublime.

Nani, Welbeck and especially Rooney have been poor.

De Hea has been United's best player this half, crazy that Everton hasn't gotten at least 2 goals in this half. Fellers, Osman and Pienarr have been superb as well.

K1LLER7

Kagawa looks good when going forwards, created some good chances. Nani drifting in too much, should stick out wide. Welbeck hasn't been in it much, would take him off for RVP, push Rooney left.

As I mentioned the other day, Welbeck can't play on the wing. Let's have a proper winger in there. Nani and Valencia have been rubbish too. Lack of physicality is showing us up as much as anything.

Shinji is fucking sex by the by.

Looks like people haven't been impressed by Shinji.

Surprised. He's been class throughout. Created two very good chances which should have been goals really. Barely misplaced a pass too.

Kagawa our best outfield player. Created two clear-cut chances, a nice interception or two, always making intelligent runs; seems like he's on a gear above the rest of our forwards. Rooney's maybe coming too deep and stepping on his toes at times; not picking up on some of Shinji's clever touches either.

Looks like people haven't been impressed by Shinji.

Surprised. He's been class throughout. Created two very good chances which should have been goals really. Barely misplaced a pass too.

Been so energetic all evening, and quite a few nice passes. Good first 45.

Showed a bit of potential for a Rooney-Kagawa link up once or twice, but still needs work :[

LegoArmo

Kagawa and Cleverley have been bright, Scholes should be taken off for someone with more energy and tackling ability. No one down the left. Which I guess means Evra is staying in position.

ElyrionX

Everton is playing at a really high level of pace and pressure. They can't keep this up the entire game.

Also, we really need to catch a break on our injuries FFS.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So no solution to Fellaini? He's fucking everywhere!

-

Someone is happy about something!

610x.jpg

Where's my striker Marotta?

Brinbe

Kagawa our best outfield player. Created two clear-cut chances, a nice interception or two, always making intelligent runs; seems like he's on a gear above the rest of our forwards. Rooney's maybe coming too deep and stepping on his toes at times; not picking up on some of Shinji's clever touches either.

Yep, Wayne needs to stick his ass in the box and get on the end of some chances instead of dropping so deep. Let Cleverley/Scholes/Kagawa handle that. Right now it's just a case of very poor spacing and decision-making.

Soi-Fong

Kagawa and De Gea has been amazing. Our midfield is getting overran and seriously Rooney has to stay forward. Let Kagawa take care of playmaking.

Kagawa has had some really nice touches as well and attacking some spaces as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom