• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

Also, we really need to catch a break on our injuries FFS.
THIS, it always seems like we are playing with two or three actual defenders. Carrick has done well given the circumstances but we really need some depth back there in the center since Rio isn't as resilient as he used to be.

Kagawa looks good, but he does not have the work rate to fill that Park shaped whole in my heart.
Gonna miss that guy, he never tired. Kagawa looks like a great signing though.

What the hell is up with Nani though? I haven't seen him do anything impressive (or at all) since last years supporter's shield.

Valencia's also been fairly none-existent today.

Wilbur

Banned
By the way, Laboured how you don't rate Fellaini I will never fucking know. He's like the second best midfielder in the league after Yaya. He's incredible. I want the dirty fucker.

Arnie

Gary Neville telling it how it is, and putting some of you flumps to shame, "good saves from De Gea, but nothing I wouldn't have expected him to save".

Not saying De Gea isn't capable of pulling off world class saves, his save against Mata last season was fucking sublime, but he hasn't pulled off any 'De GOD' saves tonight.

By the way, Laboured how you don't rate Fellaini I will never fucking know. He's like the second best midfielder in the league after Yaya. He's incredible. I want the dirty fucker.
He's a mixture of Yaya and Luiz.

This new Kammy advert is brilliant.

dc89

United's back four have not got enough protection from the midfield.

Scholes and Clev can't do much about it though. That's where United need a true DM.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A70DW.gif

The black Verratti is really something.

Bo-Locks

Kagawa has been the best outfield United player. We've had plenty of possession, so I think the problems for United are a lack of pace and width.

Everton are just playing off Fellaini, we can't stop it. Kinda surprised Carrick and not Vidic is on him but it's probs cos we don't know Vidic being pulled out of defence.

It's too easy for Everton really. They pump it in to Fellaini and then it's just a mad scramble.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Man we could have had a few goals. What an entertaining game so far. Fellaini shouldn't want to leave since we just bought his friend. :)

3Sixty

Gary Neville telling it how it is, and putting some of you flumps to shame, "good saves from De Gea, but nothing I wouldn't have expected him to save".

Not saying De Gea isn't capable of pulling off world class saves, his save against Mata last season was fucking sublime, but he hasn't pulled off any 'De GOD' saves tonight.

These are the same fans that claim ClevGod for a 2 yard square pass...

He's good when you play to his strengths - high balls and pressing high up. We're flattering him by putting midgets up against him though. And he doesn't exist in the same universe as Yaya technically.

My outlandish suggestion for the 2nd half: Bring on Anderson for Scholes.

Looks like people haven't been impressed by Shinji.

Surprised. He's been class throughout. Created two very good chances which should have been goals really. Barely misplaced a pass too.

I don't think he's been that amazing, he had a couple great killer balls (for Welbeck and Rooney) and a good cross. He's had a couple bad passes too. He's gone in hiding at some point aswell.

It's obviously early days, he can't link up at all with Rooney yet, his backheel and later on his dummy were lost in translation.

Overall he's been good enough but can't say he has been a revelation so far. Even Hazard yesterday didn't look that impressive even though he got an assist and earned a penalty for Chelsea.

sixghost

Good thing Fellaini signed a new contract recently, I think his previous one would have expired at the end of the season. At least the club will take someone to the cleaners when the inevitable happens.

Cahill leaving was Everton's secret best transfer. They could never play like this when he was playing off the striker.

fuenf

sounds like the Bayern fans have adopted Lykke Li's - I follow Rivers as a fan song.
"I I follow, i follow you FC BAYERN"

not sure if i like.

Wilbur

Banned

He's a mixture of Yaya and Luiz.

This new Kammy advert is brilliant.

I thought the one from Pienaar was fantastic, he got down so quickly

Asamoah, aint it?

Class player.

You racist

Cleverely has missed Kagawa with a route clear through twice this half.

Yup. There's definitely been some hesitancy from him and even Scholes to hit that ball. I don't know if it's the pressing or that they're still gelling with Kagawa's forward runs.

kharma45

ITV4 has the rights to show Bundesliga highlights, they have an hour show pencilled in for Monday evenings at 10pm. Starts next week.

Wilbur

Banned
Exactly. And proclaim that Shinji is styling in a midfield that's being thwumped by Phillip 'Fizzer' Neville.

You thought Joe Allen was good on Saturday, but he got beasted by Zoltan Gera.

WHEN WILL THE HYPOCRISY END
ALEX FERGUSON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom