• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT4| Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit, he went in double footed, studs up, feet together

Well he did have his eyes on the ball and got it.

untitled-3f2j8j.gif

TheLawyer

Neo Member
Real-time all I saw was Shelvey lunging and I thought it was a straight red. Certainly a case for Evans as well mind.

Having said that, if United are as poor in the second half as they were in the first the fact that Liverpool are a man down will have little influence on the game.

Clegg

Regardless of the validity of the decision, I think we can all agree that Shelvey is a fucking pillock for shouting at SAF.

Kyoufu

Yeah that should be a red for Evans too.

2 footer.

Regardless of the validity of the decision, I think we can all agree that Shelvey is a fucking pillock for shouting at SAF.

Yup. It was a re-enactment of Prometheus when
The old dude says to the big bald man "I am here!" and then the bald guy gets angry.

subtles

I think its sad that English pundits (ex-players in particular) rarely talk about the tactical aspect of the game and just say things we already know. The few times I've seen the Arabic Al Jazeera studio they talk extensively about tactics and you learn something new all the time.

Arnie

Eyes on the ball means shit. It's two footed, studs up, feet together. Stop embarrassing yourself people, I know you hate Liverpool but its clear as day.

Both red card challenges. Can't condone Jonjo's actions after either, I understand his frustration, but he'll regret it.

Assuming that Ferguson hasn't said something deserving of it, yes.

If Shelvey doesn't cut those challenges out pretty fucking sharpish, he'll got the way of Charlie Adam. Flanagan as well come to think on it

I think its sad that English pundits (ex-players in particular) rarely talk about the tactical aspect of the game and just say things we already know. The few times I've seen the Arabic Al Jazeera studio they talk extensively about tactics and you learn something new all the time.

Same thing happens with Spanish commentators.

It's only clueless idiots who can't see it. There's one in my front room, and one or just responded to on here. Both United fans, draw your conclusions.

If they can't agree with what Gary Neville says then they have no clue at all. Evans came in like Luiz did 'long jump style'. Shelvey went in off the ground and both won the ball. Evans was unlucky he got hit and Shelvey didn't. That's all. As a ref, I think Halsey should've either sent both or yellowed both as well. Especially after taking advice from someone upstairs who was seeing a replay.

Didn't like to see Shelvey abuse Fergie though, he's a hothead and I hope he'll apologise. Fans can get away with it but players need to know better.

Having said that, fucking Fergie and his tentacles in all the refs pies! Why wasn't Evans sent off?! CONSPIRACY!

8015368309_37ab580c42_o.gif

Rad-

God I want to whine about us not having a midfield but is there seriously anyone who would fit Fergie's interests? The only one I have is that spanish kid, Oliver Torres. He looks like spanish Scholes. I want him.

Salazar

Eyes on the ball means shit. It's two footed, studs up, feet together. Stop embarrassing yourself people, I know you hate Liverpool but its clear as day.

Evans was also not lunging in Shelvey's direction. Shelvey ended up coming straight for Evans.

Both red card challenges. Can't condone Jonjo's actions after either, I understand his frustration, but he'll regret it.
Arnie, you should know by now that football-GAF doesn't let little things like facts or objectivity get in the way of their own feelings.

Edit: Feels good to be a Liverpool supporter today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom