• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth are you on about? You're confusing 'trying to hurt people' with shit at tackling, and muddling being a nasty person with being a petulant young footballer. Anyway, not worth it, you've got a raft of tits at your own club, many without Shelvey's abundant redeeming factors.

4545940113.jpg

FWIW I think you're wrong there anyway. No doubt some players are shit at tackling but being wreckless can't just be put down to being shit. Need to be more responsible on the pitch and being too committed or just really bad at it isn't an excuse IMO.

Same thing goes for the "they're rich and young" excuse you hear quite often. Only goes so far, when people do dickish things regularly it's cos they're dicks. What you sayin' Pulga.

As an aside, apparently Carlton Cole replied to a West Ham fan who said he was slow by saying "I wasn't slow getting into your mums bed". This seriously happened. Carlton Cole is older than 14 too.

Arnie

If I link it, will I get banned? It's just a Facebook group but there's some very NSFW photos on there.

Mumei, could you please clarify?

FWIW I think you're wrong there anyway. No doubt some players are shit at tackling but being wreckless can't just be put down to being shit. Need to be more responsible on the pitch and being too committed or just really bad at it isn't an excuse IMO.

Same thing goes for the "they're rich and young" excuse you hear quite often. Only goes so far, when people do dickish things regularly it's cos they're dicks. What you sayin' Pulga.
So how regularly has Shelvey done dickish things? List me 5 examples.

I don't think being a passionate young footballer has anything to do with the money he's earning. Shelvey's fired up, he feels hard done to after the United game, and rightly so, and he's just scored at Anfield on his return. My brain would be fucking orgasming off the charts if that was me, I don't know what I'd have done. Do people here not get hot headed on a football pitch?

4545940113.jpg

As an aside, apparently Carlton Cole replied to a West Ham fan who said he was slow by saying "I wasn't slow getting into your mums bed". This seriously happened. Carlton Cole is older than 14 too.

I think Shelvey's got time to have these silly challenges knocked out of his game, as Gerrard (almost) did between 2004 and 2009. If he's still doing it in 2 years' time, that's when we'll know if its malicious

The confusion over what's bannable, and the reasons why some things are bannable is becoming a farce imo

Garjon

Liverpool look pretty slick, or Udinese don't want ball.

Doing them all but more join in for those songs.

Okay, it's just coming out on ITV4's crappy sound quality.

I'm watching the new Red Dwarf; I thought the Cat was supposed to be cool, why's he dressed like a Final Fantasy villain?

So how regularly has Shelvey done dickish things? List me 5 examples.

I don't think being a passionate young footballer has anything to do with the money he's earning. Shelvey's fired up, he feels hard done to after the United game, and rightly so, and he's just scored at Anfield on his return. My brain would be fucking orgasming off the charts if that was me, I don't know what I'd have done. Do people here not get hot headed on a football pitch?
I'm not saying he is a dick. I'm saying the argument that some people are just crap at tackling, is a bad one.

He can celebrate however he likes really. I think it's pretty silly myself but whatever, it happens.

Meier

Ugh, I hate that new version of the jacknod.gif.. it does my head in. Block it every time someone uses a new link for it.

TeegsD

I cannot believe we lost 3-0 to fucking Videoton. Like really? How much farther is this team going to fall this season?

Arnie

I'm not saying he is a dick. I'm saying the argument that some people are just crap at tackling, is a bad one.

It makes far more sense than the assumption that he's some malicious thug.

Tackling takes time to learn, see: Gerrard. Shelvey is learning the hard way, but I think he'll get there, he has all the attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom