• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT5| One word to rule them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I'm not surprised. GAF acts negatively towards every Bayern player. Just look at the posts about Gomez and Robben.

I bet no one in here thinks Schweinsteiger could fit Xavi's boots too.

we need one champions league win to get recognized in the world :(

I'm not surprised. GAF acts negatively towards every Bayern player. Just look at the posts about Gomez and Robben.

I bet no one in here thinks Schweinsteiger could fit Xavi's boots too.

Don't be stupid, for the first part
And for the second, they fulfil different roles in their teams, neither could do the other's job to the same standard. Xavi is (was?) better in his role than Schweinsteiger though

Probably by Christmas time. Chelsea have crushed most of the feeble opposition they've faced so far and were gifted a win by Arsenal, they haven't really had to face too many decent teams. Chelsea have some fantastic CAMs but we've seen against Stoke and QPR that they won't be this effective every week. I still think they lack options in central midfield, central defence and up front, an injury to Torres or Mikel and they would be in serious trouble.

An injury to Mikel would actually potentially benefit us, I rate Romeu much higher and don't understand why RDM isn't giving him any game time except against Wolves.

We do need another striker i'll grant you that. Although I read RDM talk about Torres getting burnout and it made me laugh. Hes a lot more involved in games and playing much better but lets not get ahead ourselves, he doesn't track back as much as he should.

Very pleased with the game today overall although we never really got going in the second half perhaps 7 games in 21 days took its toll a bit but I thought tbh they were just a bit lazy.

Good goals today too although Torres needs to stop trying to run with the ball and take players on. You can't score if you don't shoot, so why not just bloody shoot? >.<

Top by 4 points I read somewhere? Very nice :)

Also, Mata not being in the Spain squad is excellent news, they need to ship him off on holiday for a week hes been immense since the last break so give him more resting time!!

jtb

Banned
Robben's not even a number 10. And Sneijder was a better 10 than him 09/10.

We've had this discussion before, lol

It's not hilarious, you didn't watch him closely, so you can't tell.

I have watched enough of him also for Bayern. Did you follow and watch nearly every match of Adriano, Seedorf, Totti, Del Piero, Bergkamp and so on? If not then I guess you can't tell either if he's really up there with them.

The bet was:
Swansea-Reading to Draw
Wigan-Everton to Draw
Oldham to Win
Crewe to Win
Nottingham Forest to Win
Hull to Win
Morecambe/Burton to Draw
Aberdeen to Win

Haha that is quite fantastic, congrats.

Robben was the 2nd best player in the world in the 09/10 season. Easily. He was Messi-esque.

7PKBn.jpg

Fry

I have watched enough of him also for Bayern. Did you follow and watch nearly every match of Adriano, Seedorf, Totti, Del Piero, Bergkamp and so on? If not then I guess you can't tell either if he's really up there with them.

Haha that is quite fantastic, congrats.

Is it really hard to understand?

'Robben at his prime was just as good as any player in there'.

Robben at his prime is basically every brilliant footballer's limit. It doesn't get much better than that.

Is it really hard to understand?

'Robben at his prime was just as good as any player in there'.

Robben at his prime is basically every brilliant footballer's limit. It doesn't get much better than that.

Are you using prime as a game-by-game thing, or sustained period?

Fuck me

We can't have been coaching Carrollproperly with regards to positioning and attacking the ball

@Fry, in Messi's sustained period, he scores near eniough every game and has been the difference between Barca being a great team,and Barca being possibly the best team of all time.

Maradona was the star player in Napoli's title charges, and Argentina's World Cup wins.

And that's just two of them

pulga

Banned
Robben was the 2nd best player in the world in the 09/10 season. Easily. He was Messi-esque.

Not this bullshit again.

I love how the spanish commentator on Fox Sports goes GirooooUUUUUUUUUUUUUUd every time he's close to scoring :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom