• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to analyse it in terms of a new managers effect on the players.

Giggs can't motivate this group and he's one of the most widely respected people at the club. Makes you wonder about Van Gaal.
I don't think motivation can really be analysed or expected at this stage.

Confidence is shot and there is nothing to play for. Doesn't matter who you are - takes more than 2 weeks to repair a mental state under those circumstances.

General ability, approach and tactics though - for sure.

Clegg

It's interesting to analyse it in terms of a new managers effect on the players.

Giggs can't motivate this group and he's one of the most widely respected people at the club. Makes you wonder about Van Gaal.
I don't think it's a question of motivation with Giggs. He had them up for it last week. But you can't really on pure motivational skill to get you through games if you're a novice like Giggs and you've just had a season like United has.

Imo it's a combination of coaches with zero experience and half the squad being either past it or just crap.

wedward

Hard to motivate them when there is nothing left to play for.

These players have mentally been on the beach since December.

Honestly want you guys to take it if it's not us. City are underachieving. You're the opposite.

City winning is a bit meh* compared to you or us imo

Very good team get a manager who isn't shit, upgrade their team and win with little incident

You should have let us win :(

*not that they'll care :p

phaze

Gareth-Bale.gif

dat tiki taka death

phew Redondo (<3) did it better

redondoa8l1h.gif

Come on Everton I suppose, make it a draw.

Meier

Garcia is a unit, magical player. i remember Meier hating him. he's one of the best in the squad.
He was awful for an extended period but has been much better as the year has progressed and he's actually played his position.

That goal was Yaya-esque. :( Give me Barkley this summer, Txiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom