• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Been looking tonight to watch a film on xbox, itunes etc.

If a film is not available to rent, the buy price is generally about the same as a blu-ray.

Through xbox, I can watch the film on my PC or TV.
Through itunes, I can watch the film on my PC or Ipad.

Buying the blu-ray, I can watch it on my TV in high quality, and rip it to give myself a digital version that I can place where ever I want.

I generally like buying music digitally, but the solutions for buying films digitally are not flexible enough or at a good enough price for me to put up with the drm. It took a good few years for Apple to remove music drm from itunes. Probably take even long for films to reach that point.

so whats taking so long with the Shaw deal? another club interested?

FDF671365A3F7FD0954BE9669CB68D.jpg

Linius

Really weird that because yours is a gif and his is a jpeg but it's cropped exactly the same except the zones are missing.

If you're saying I edited my post you should let Wes look at it. He can see the history of a post. You take my players, tried to take my manager and now this. You Spurs fans :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

If a film is not available to rent, the buy price is generally about the same as a blu-ray.

Buying the blu-ray, I can watch it on my TV in high quality, and rip it to give myself a digital version that I can place where ever I want.

I generally like buying music digitally, but the solutions for buying films digitally are not flexible enough or at a good enough price for me to put up with the drm. It took a good few years for Apple to remove music drm from itunes. Probably take even long for films to reach that point.
Aww you're such a do-gooder LTW ♡

Clegg

so whats taking so long with the Shaw deal? another club interested?
All signs point to Southampton not doing anything transfer related until they sorted out Pochettino's contract. And now that the WC is that much closer it looks like things will have to wait until after then.

If you're saying I edited my post you should let Wes look at it. He can see the history of a post. You take my players, tried to take my manager and now this. You Spurs fans :(

I assumed you edited and because mobile gaf doesn't update edits when you click refresh at the bottom he didn't see it. But I believe you so I don't know what happened. It's just weird his file is different to yours, different url as well, but it's exactly the same apart from the background.

This is probably the greatest mystery of our time

Zabojnik

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for blu-ray 4K, but it looks like we lossless (or as close to) fans are losing the good fight. :(

Wilbur

Banned
I assumed you edited and because mobile gaf doesn't update edits when you click refresh at the bottom he didn't see it. But I believe you so I don't know what happened. It's just weird his file is different to yours, different url as well, but it's exactly the same apart from the background.

This is probably the greatest mystery of our time

And every cunt here is calling me blind and telling me to permanently ban myself for seven days

But you stood by me when I needed you most

Take van Gaal. It's okay. We will have Moyes.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't risk it again, I shit all over the seat earlier

Will upload vid to YouTube

Bud pls check whatsapp it's a good video

And every cunt here is calling me blind and telling me to permanently ban myself for seven days

But you stood by me when I needed you most

Take van Gaal. It's okay. We will have Moyes.

I reckon your version of events are more likely to be accepted by Judge Dredd

Clegg

Every thread about University degrees inevitably ends in a STEM circle jerk and you're screwed if you're not in science.

Piss off.

Barzul

Every thread about University degrees inevitably ends in a STEM circle jerk and you're screwed if you're not in science.

Piss off.

Really? I would think Business majors would be far more likely and I graduated with Business degree. The only STEM majors that are pretty much guaranteed jobs on graduation are the one who did something computer related and were good at it. The rest either go to grad school or have to search a bit.

Slizz

Right now with my Business degree I'm finding it near impossible to get anything without experience in the field I'm looking for. I couldn't even get a stockroom manager job yesterday because I had no experience in the stockroom. Granted I majored in Management and took Operations MGMT, which is basically stockroom shit.

They might give me a floor job because I have experience in that but I don't want that fucking position(will still accept if they offer I'm desperate)

Barzul

Right now with my Business degree I'm finding it near impossible to get anything without experience in the field I'm looking for. I couldn't even get a stockroom manager job yesterday because I had no experience in the stockroom. Granted I majored in Management and took Operations MGMT, which is basically stockroom shit.

They might give me a floor job because I have experience in that but I don't want that fucking position(will still accept if they offer I'm desperate)

Where are you based? Europe or the US.

LTWheels

History degree, then law.

Finding it tough to get good work at the moment. Having to do a lot of short term contracts. Pays good but nothing permanent.

My sister does an engineering degree, and gets 7 job offers straight away...

From what I've been told, engineering is booming at the moment, especially in the UK.

Hixx

i figured an xbone game would look noticeably better than a 360 game, but they look identical

No they don't. The next-gen versions look quite a bit better. It annoys the shit out of me that Believe FC won't buy the PS4 version :mad:

Knew I was hoping for too much

Good luck Chuck

God dammit

Billy Knott here we come

Billy Knott is a wrong'un. Loads of talent, but no athleticism and got kicked out of Chelsea for being a cunt afaik.

L1NETT

Billy Knott is a wrong'un. Loads of talent, but no athleticism and got kicked out of Chelsea for being a cunt afaik.

I'll take two please

Nahki Wells had a similar story

But at Carlisle

Finding it tough to get good work at the moment. Having to do a lot of short term contracts. Pays good but nothing permanent.

Doing the exact same

Trying to get some good work placements before I do my conversion course.

My sister does an engineering degree, and gets 7 job offers straight away...

From what I've been told, engineering is booming at the moment, especially in the UK.

You could always try politics.

Barzul

Was just about to edit my post to say I'm in the US.

Yeah I had a bit of a tricking time finding a job right after graduation as a lot of them needed experience. I would jump at any decent job offer you can get in a professional setting as once you have that, it's much easier to transition to something else. A lot of jobs boil down to sending emails, doing go to meetings, taking calls. In my case I also right SQL queries because I took a bunch of database classes as I was an MIS major. I've found that some sort of technical skill goes some way so if you can teach yourself something no matter how basic, it helps. Say you have skills in stuff like Business Analysis, I honestly think anyone no matter their background could do that job.

LTWheels

Doing the exact same

Trying to get some good work placements before I do my conversion course.

Yeah, that's really important. I was unable to get any at a big enough law firm until after I had finished.

It has helped a bit.

Paralegaling has been fun. Basically get do to almost everything that trainees do (so get experience) but less pressure on you to stay late. Pay in London is pretty good as well.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Piss off.

That's normally how it goes in real life for me too :p

Baki

STEM is awesome though. Can do anything you want.

I did an engineering degree but ended up in Management consulting.

Barzul

I know a guy that double majored in Mechanical and Aeronautical engineering, he's now a hedge fund manager. He's making serious bank. He did graduate from Dartmouth with like a 3.9 GPA.

kharma45

*retweet* *favourite*

I'll prob get banned in that thread

I'm just keeping an eye and laughing.

With management consulting though it doesn't matter what your degree is, at least in the UK. We've a hugely diverse range of degree backgrounds with us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just completed Dark souls 2 level 150 doing 90% of the bosses coop

Apparently that makes me some kind of retard

Onto NG+ :|

faridmon

I'm the retard who left school when he was 11 and has no career prospects.

Work Experience is more valuable than education. If you can get hold of low entry courses and study that for a year or two, get into any industry through internships.

Its never too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom