• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Christ. What a goal.

Goal had reported before that we sent a delegation to Madrid to negotiate with a forward. Now confirm it was Sanchez. DiMarzio reported Arsene met with his agent at week. About to bid. Arsenal usually don't bid unless they know the player will sign.

It's happening.

Jarnet87

Jame Rodriguez to Madrid or Barcelona for over 100 million Euros within the next 2 years confirmed.

United use the rest of your war chest to buy him, please.

The quality of world cup football seems worse than 2010. Or maybe I just saw fewer games in 2010 or just the right games in 2010.

giphy.gif

Marc

Reminds me that in 2010 I mainly just watched Spain and Netherland games. Since I backed those two from the start to win the WC anyway.

Spain was one of the more boring teams in 2010 in spite of winning it. Euros Spain was best Spain.

Was an awful World Cup all round.

Clegg

Big miss from the scouts in England. We're typically the ones at the head of the line to poach the talent from those three top feeder clubs in Portugal.
James was scouted by United for at least a year before he signed for Monaco. Apparently we were put of by his £35m release clause. Should've signed him anyway.

GQman2121

Banned
The slowmo replay where you can see his face as he chests the ball down, takes a breath and then strikes the ball in one motion is beautiful.

Wilbur

Banned
I love Colombia. The dances when they score. The way they play. James and Cuadrado. Carlos Sanchez is awesome. Their fans. The fact they play a 64 year old in central defence.

Just brilliant.

I hate these silent J names.

My first week in US from India, first day of class in College. Teaching Assistant writes his name "Jesus". Didn't realize for a month that the J is silent, called him Jesus with a J till then

:(

Uruguay have a terrible mishmash of player who hit their passes to hard, players who don't hit them hard enough, players who misdirect them and players who can't control the ball even when it does find them

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Reminds me that in 2010 I mainly just watched Spain and Netherland games. Since I backed those two from the start to win the WC anyway.

Along with that some Germany games which were wonderful too.
2010 is the worst World Cup I have ever seen in my life. Boring, terrible ball, terrible atmosphere..everything was utter shit.

It has nothing to do with Italy being shit too, we all saw that coming anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom