• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That Barkley guy is pretty bad, has done nothing but lose the ball so far.

He needs to learn that against the big boys you don't have time to stop still in the final third, not in that position behind the striker. He's dawdled on the ball in several good positions.

Good finish, but does Tim Howard need to be that far off his line?

One of those ones where keepers should actually be looking at De Gea. I think he overdoes it a bit, but he'd have perhaps reached that finish by flinging a leg at it.

Simply doesn't occur to 99% of keepers though, so can't blame him too much :p

I think he's very good, but whenever he scores there seems to be a temporary window where people talk about him as though he's in the top tier of strikers in the world, when he's nowhere near imo

He really was his first year in the PL, but his injury has seen him drop a bit of form.

Ever since Gaf were talking about his quality he turned to utter shit.

caramac

ivoaKHOFhDb4U.gif

Arnie

I think he's very good, but whenever he scores there seems to be a temporary window where people talk about him as though he's in the top tier of strikers in the world, when he's nowhere near imo
I think he's prone to mistakes but he's capable of absolute magic. Wouldn't put him in the very top tier, but he's just below that.

No Django, like.

Looks gassed.

Was really good during the first 20 of the half.

FootballFan

Didn't mean he is pretty bad, meant he is playing pretty bad. First time watching him properly, and it's against Man City so I'll give him another chance to impress :p

L1NETT

Thanks Carmac, appreciated :)

---

Are we still in the boat of calling players shit/quality based on one half of football? Guessing we are.

dc89

Lukaku has played 38 matches for West Brom and Everton and has scored 21 goals.
Chelsea, what are you doing?

One of those ones where keepers should actually be looking at De Gea. I think he overdoes it a bit, but he'd have perhaps reached that finish by flinging a leg at it.

Simply doesn't occur to 99% of keepers though, so can't blame him too much :p

I think he should have stayed on his line tbh. I get closing the angle, but he didn't come all the way out and at the same time from that position he doesn't have enough time to react. From that angle he made it easier for Aguero imo.

lukaku looks even bigger than kompany.

what do they feed kids these days?

I am surprised that the FA has not created a task force to discover what they are doing so well in belgium. LOL@ theFA

dc89 said:
Lukaku has played 38 matches for West Brom and Everton and has scored 21 goals.
Chelsea, what are you doing?

That penalty was all the excuse Jose needed

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think he should have stayed on his line tbh. I get closing the angle, but he didn't come all the way out and at the same time from that position he doesn't have enough time to react. From that angle he made it easier for Aguero imo.

Definitely, either come all the way and make a claim for the ball or stay on the line, any half-measure is going to be punished.

I like Al jazzera mentioning all the countires that have had golden generations that produced amazing players.

Did not mention Italy. Just constantly been producing the best since the 1930s, no need for golden generations :D

@Ushojax, IMO the best in the PL. Pissed me off that he is french and Wenger did not want to buy him. We have had french players who have played in every single position except GK.

I like your avatar, not very original, but I like it.

-Fo-----
----Fa-

:( that sucks.

I've become one of those knobends obsessed with BB. BB avatar, BB phone wallpaper, BB mixcloud bookmarked. Eugh. :p

Finding that Lukaku picture reminded me I never did actually post this :lol

HMfAECdl.jpg

Is that hoodie from NEXT? I have a similar one, with white cords

VvpR7zo.jpg

#mynameisyolosantosi

Don't normally bet on Liverpool, but meh.

Salazar

Nodding off. Not going to make the United game live.

Looking at it as a Wilbur memorial fixture.

Let's fucking smash them. Smash them with clank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom