• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

spurs have been the better team. chelsea look static. while the spurs are playing well, they still come across as a team that is more muscles than technique. does anyone else agree? don't get me wrong, they occasionally link up very well up front, but i just feel like it could be so much more fluid.

Wilbur

Banned
Rather Chelsea are just so bad.

Oh they are terrible, but its not because they're bad that move looked good. Wonderful passes from both Walker and Townsend.

Chelsea look awful. I wouldn't really know what to do in this instance as Mou. You'd want Mata on, but then that would mean putting him wide and giving Ivanovic some defensive work to do. You'd then have to either take off Lampard (which means goal threat) or Ramires who is better but isn't as good in the midfield two

some shit for Mou to do here.

pulga

Banned
I love how there's this Sky Italia ad about a talkshow Hernan Crespo hosts, and as they cut to a montage, they briefly show fat shirtless City fans celebrating a goal, tits flapping wildly in the wind

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shame we couldn't get the second goal. We'll have to work very hard to get the three points , I expect Lampard off and Mata on, Ramires moved to the middle.

GorillaJu

Townsend is looking like a real player today. He's put in some great lay offs that could have easily become goals on a different day. Paulinho is also attacking a whole lot more than he was earlier in the first few games. He seems like their primary goal threat at the moment.

Is that Michu on the Fifa 14 commercial?

Fergie

Banned
Please complain about Mirko tomorrow.
vucinic.gif

I-I can't.

Walshy

Huge difference between Chelsea's front four and Spurs' front four in that half.

Chelsea have Ramires playing wide, in a position that he doesn't really offer anything to the play. Hazard is anonymous, still not consistent enough to live up to the hype he had when he joined, however don't be surprised if he has a brilliant second half. I really expected him to push on this season, however it's still pretty early. Oscar is giving the ball away too much and Torres hasn't really done much besides doing shitty gestures to the officials.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
spurs have been the better team. chelsea look static. while the spurs are playing well, they still come across as a team that is more muscles than technique. does anyone else agree? don't get me wrong, they occasionally link up very well up front, but i just feel like it could be so much more fluid.

It's early days for this squad. They'll get better and we still have Lennon, Holtby, Lamela, Adebayor and Chadli to come in.

Wilbur

Banned

Mm, not exactly sure I agree. When Lamela's in the side that'll help things, but they've looked very good in this half and its the muscle in midfield that means that Townsend and Eriksen have been able to do some lovely teams. A side still getting used to playing with each other as well, the fluidity will come. You've got basically four new signings in their front six when you factor in that Townsend's young and just spent a year away.

Fergie

Banned
I wanna see Lamela play soon, from the little he's played he's been composed and unselfish.

Overall a good half for neutrals. United vs WBA and then Arsenal, seems to be a pretty stacked Saturday already.

GQman2121

Banned
Ramires on the right is not working. He should be in the middle with Lampard and Oscar/Hazard should be wide.

Erikson is good at football.

Hixx

Says a lot when the most memorable Chelsea combination is Terry -> Mikel -> Terry... while Spurs look good Chelsea really aren't offering much attacking threat at all. They struggle to do anything past their half of the centre-circle. They have got no focal point, Walker is getting the best of Hazard and putting Ramires on the right wing is straight up daft. Get a quality player out there to make the most of Naughton being their weak link, not a bloody workhorse.

Interesting little stat during halftime.

Chelsea have not scored or won an away game in the PL this year.

first time for eveything.

though i would rather have Spurs win. Arsenal alone at the top of the table would make gunners unbearable to deal with it.

Premier League Half time show just did their top 10 players of the PL era. 4 united and 3 Arsenal players.

I can not complain Bergkamp, Paddy V and Henry.

Arnie

My mum and dad saw it last night, said it was triffic. I'll see it at some point this week probably.
Come with me this evening, baby.

I just turned the corner in the pub and there was a 50 inch telly with Will Hughes mug on full display and I nearly dropped my pint.

After this match I'm buying that Levi's Sherpa jacket. Yo to the lo.

Wilbur

Banned
Come with me this evening, baby.

I just turned the corner in the pub and there was a 50 inch telly with Will Hughes mug on full display and I nearly dropped my pint.

After this match I'm buying that Levi's Sherpa jacket. Yo to the lo.

mama id luv 2. Gotta look after sweet Lloyd tonight, my parents have gone cycling in Richmond Park for some reason, the fucking blerts

I have Forest-Derby on in the background, Nigel Clough's got a head like a breadbin.

Wilbur

Banned
Rachel Riley is on Strictly tonight lads.

She's the only woman in the world who can give you a boner with sums.

Fuck I was looking at the promo pics the other day and

Sophie Ellis Bextor

oh my giddy cunt

if this aint love
why does it feel so
why does it feel so
why does it feel so good

pulga

Banned
There we go, Mou has not gone completely mental yet

Have to wonder if the players themselves ganged up on Jose in the locker room and angrily demanded Mata be put on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom