• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT7| The Ramsey Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia and England will be in the same pot for the World Cup draw so we can't be in the same group. We can only meet in the knockout rounds. I think both of us would take that at this point ;)

See you in the final then :p

Tactics for second half. Drop Carrick and Gerrard back 10 yards each, bring Smalling infield and tell him not to cross the halfway line.

Tecl0n

Sabella you *****ing cunt, since we are already qualified you are supposed to try new posible defenders to get to the WC. Not the most convoluted defence and midfield from only ex players from the only team you won something with 5 ****ing years ago.

Ramsey's playing really well against Belgium apparently.

Townsend kinda just runs & runs. Anyone actually prefer him over Walcott?

For England, definitely. At Arsenal, Theo offers something different, and can feed off our midfield to get himself 20+ goals.

With England, he needs to actually pull his weight on an individual level and create chances, but he's not able to do that consistently.

Lightning

Banned
He'll get games we have plenty coming up and we'll need to rotate sooner or later.
Wenger and rotation just worries me. For example we should be playing Vermaelen more instead Wenger wants to play Mertesacker and Kos every game all game. That's not going to work.

LNBL

Statistics of our WC qualification run:

10 games
9 wins
1 draw
28 points
34 Goals scored
5 goals against

Oh wauw Klich was selected for the Polish side? Hope PSV reels him in this winter, class player.

Salvadora

Wenger and rotation just worries me. For example we should be playing Vermaelen more instead Wenger wants to play Mertesacker and Kos every game all game. That's not going to work.
I sort of get Wenger's thinking in that though, Vermaelen is dogshit and a liability.

Clegg

Gibson has done his knee ligaments.

Poor lad just came back from a knee injury too. Roberto Martinez is at the stadium looking at the game. He won't be pleased when he hears the news.

Meier

Spanish people are going mad about Navas and Negredo on Twitter (Google translated):
"Negredo is perfect"
"NEGREDO is in God mode"
"Negredo , une machine."
"It turns out that Negredo is the best striker in the world."
"And time just agreeing with me: Navas and Negredo commanding selection!"
"Vengaaa now eating his dick all to Negredo , but when I was in Seville was a package course" (what)

Love these. He definitely provides them with a completely different option than the rest of their strikers. Very impressive player -- so glad we brought him in. Would like to see Navas provide a few more assists in the league going forward.. feel like he isn't quite getting to show off his pace down the line thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom