• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

3Sixty

Townsend how to play football flowchart.

Get ball, head down, run to touchline, give ball away

OR

Get ball, head down, cut inside, give ball away.

Its almost impressive.

Marc

What a mis-match.

Sweden nearly scored.

To be fair, not many players can match up to Per.

He's almost a foot shorter than him.

It wasn't his fault. It's Smallings fault.

Don't have to out-jump players, get under him, pull him down, elbows... goes on all the time in the box otherwise Per would score every week. :) Smalling is tracking him yeah, but he isn't that tall either, and Cleverley picked up the run and the flight of the ball. He is the one in front and can back in to stop it being an easy header at least.

Still, it was a great goal.

I really wish we would play a DM in the team, its required at this level really and can let loose the other midfielders with someone sitting. Need a third midfielder but the options are limited to ball players (which is weird for us) and I don't think that would help. Still, would be nice to see Barkley on to create something.

Damn, Portugal score... poor Ibra. :(

dc89

Does anyone else think the terms USMNT & USWNT are just as stupid as EDS.

Why can't they just be USA? Ah well, if you can't beat them join them.

EMNT need to be more clinical in the final third.

Ronaldo has matured allot, people who give him flack are still stuck on his youthful days at ManU

The guy has grown up and taken command of the situation. He does not have Figo's brains but Ronaldo works his ass off

To be fair, not many players can match up to Per.

Don't have to out-jump players, get under him, pull him down, elbows... goes on all the time in the box otherwise Per would score every week. :) Smalling is tracking him yeah, but he isn't that tall either, and Cleverley picked up the run and the flight of the ball. He is the one in front and can back in to stop it being an easy header at least.

Still, it was a great goal.

I really wish we would play a DM in the team, its required at this level really and can let loose the other midfielders with someone sitting. Need a third midfielder but the options are limited to ball players (which is weird for us) and I don't think that would help. Still, would be nice to see Barkley on to create something.

Damn, Portugal score... poor Ibra. :(
Your suggestion is for him to foul him and give away a penalty?

Tom is shit but I don't think that's the solution.

Top Bottom