• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

I can sort of see the logic. Mata needs to be high up the pitch, floats in and around the striker, and has difficulty helping out in midfield. But watching Rooney at number ten can be truly painful sometimes.

I think Herrera would be the most balanced option but then you'd have to drop one of Rooney, RVP or Rumbo and play Fletcher in midfield...

Rooney is nowhere as good as Mata in the 10 role. Mata as a 10 adds such fluidity and quickness in passing. Rooney slows plays down and passes the ball to the wings after pondering for 10 secs.

No idea. Warren Joyce claims he's his most improved player but that means nowt. Seen a lot of comments saying that they rate Thorpe better. We'll see.

It means everything. i remember being named Muswell Hill Soccer Academy Most Improved Player in 97 as a 10 yo. The single greatest achievement in my sporting life and I decided things couldn't get much better so retired from football after the Italian London Olympics the next summer.

Rooney is nowhere as good as Mata in the 10 role. Mata as a 10 adds such fluidity and quickness in passing. Rooney slows plays down and passes the ball to the wings after pondering for 10 secs.

I agree. In a 433 with one striker it should be a no-brainer. But in a diamond, the number ten has to help out in midfield. And that's where you have the question marks about Mata from his last few managers. I don't know if it's fair, but it's the only plausible footballing reason for why he's not being picked.

bud23

Madrid XI; Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric, James; Bale, Benzema and Cristiano.

Villareal XI; Asenjo; Mario, Musacchio, V.Ruiz, Gabriel; Bruno, Trigueros, Cani, Moi Gomez; Vietto and Uche.

Wilbur

Banned
Lukaku as a RW is such a bad idea. Dont know why Martinez is sticking with it.

Well in theory it should be so Naismith sits on Gerrard but he isn't doing much

Madrid XI; Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric, James; Bale, Benzema and Cristiano.

Villareal XI; Asenjo; Mario, Musacchio, V.Ruiz, Gabriel; Bruno, Trigueros, Cani, Moi Gomez; Vietto and Uche.

bu bu bu at least casillas is dropped

Lukaku as a RW is such a bad idea. Dont know why Martinez is sticking with it.

Because he can bully most left backs. It's a good idea in theory, and it's worked for them a few times. Also, if the centre half goes with him it creates space for Naismith through the middle.

Tbf, Rooney was good behind the striker against Leicester. Rooney will have matches where he has a shit first touch and tries to ping it out wide every time though.

Van Gaal has yet to see that from him, but he will.

Rooney will still be picked. ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom