• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football, what is it?
Many claim to know it, but really they don’t know shit

Doing 7 step overs and running to the corner flag to cross the ball, that isn’t football
Coming out at retirement at 33 to make the favourites look like amateurs when the world is watching, that’s football

Missing a penalty then doing the disappearing act in both legs in a semi-final, that isn’t football
Moving to a new country at 19 and scoring 47 goals in 49 games in one of the top leagues, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final after having already missed one in the semi-final but still getting called one of the greatest, that isn't football
Scoring 8 goals at a world cup after 4 years of injuries and complete misery, that’s football

Conveniently getting placed as a fifth penalty taker in a semi-final so you don’t have to take a penalty against your club team mate, that isn't football
Dribbling past 4 players against your bitter rivals on their home turf in a semi-final to score what proved to be the winning goal, that’s football

Hitting a one man wall when your team needs you and the world is watching you, that isn't football
Setting the record for losing the ball but still having the audacity to try a trick shot cross in extra time and eventually scoring the winner, that’s football

Russian funded team spending millions to put 11 players in the box in every big game, that isn’t football
Going to the theatre of dreams and chipping the goal keeper from 30 yards after getting criticised for not being a goal scorer, that’s football

Fanboys using just stats to judge a players worth, that isn’t football
Using your hand to score a goal and then dribbling from your own half to score the goal of the century in the same game, that’s football

Using a media campaign to beg for a Ballon d'or, that isn't football
Scoring a goal in the quarter-finals, hat-trick in semi-final and two in the final at 17 during the world cup finals, that’s football

Demanding the ball in the dying seconds and playing a one-two to score the goal to win the title during your first year in one of the top leagues, that’s football

Scoring a wonder goal in the closing seconds of a game to send your team through to the final despite being a man down, that’s football

Missing a penalty in the final at your home stadium after having missed two golden chances in a world cup final two years earlier to later coming back the next year and scoring a winner in the final despite the fans booing you all season, that’s football

It’s called football, most don’t know shit about it

Nice Haiku.

3HzWX6p.gif

Abraxas

As its half time, does anyone have any recommendations for football boots? Im in scotland, so itll need to have decent grip, probably SG boots.

I was thinking about the predators or something similar.

L1NETT

As its half time, does anyone have any recommendations for football boots? Im in scotland, so itll need to have decent grip, probably SG boots.

I was thinking about the predators or something similar.

always had preds

always been a treat. Love em to bits

that's football

Carbonox

Preds ain't been good since the Mania model. Fuck the plastic shite they release these days.

Then again I'm one of those powerpuff girls who wears Vapors.

L1NETT

Preds ain't been good since the Mania model. Fuck the plastic shite they release these days.

Then again I'm one of those powerpuff girls who wears Vapors.

that's what i got m4

well good.

hate mercurials with a passion. do you want to break summat in your foot? Buy these pieces of shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom