• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking delighted with that result given the poor performance

Very pleased with Sakho and Can. dat Raheezus. Did nothing but win us the game.

That corner Mignolet gave away....

inky

Best United game of the season (against a ded opponent). Still too many small defensive mistakes.

Falcon, 3 starts only, 2 goals and 1 assist on those. I really hope he finds some consistency going forward.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kind of amazing we have won 7 of 8 with ADM out for most, never would have predicted that

Really want him back :(

Eat shit Brendan.

BTJJuJ3CcAABro5.jpg

Empty

good performance even if newcastle couldn't be bothered. shame we didn't gain on any of our rivals, unless arsenal fuck up. good to see our strikers/forwards scoring and assisting. want to see some nice competition up front.

Scum

Arsenal
01 Szczesny
02 Debuchy
04 Mertesacker
18 Monreal
03 Gibbs
07 Rosicky
20 Flamini
19 Cazorla
17 Sánchez
12 Giroud
23 Welbeck

QPR
01 Green
15 Onuoha
05 Ferdinand
04 Caulker
14 Isla
17 Mutch
20 Henry
19 Kranjcar
03 Traore
24 Vargas
09 Austin

GorillaJu

I can't believe Tottenham won that game :lol

Holy hell. Leicester missed some golden, golden chances. And terrible misses from the ref as well.

L1NETT

well tickle me loins up to 5th on GD over Blades

11 behind Preston mind.

Notts County at home is huge if we plan on cementing a playoff place

That moment when your barely four months old laptop dies while you're just surfing...

I used Chrome for the first time in ages earlier. First fucking gif, it just semi-crashes for a minute

Your laptop should still be covered by manufacturer's warranty, no? Still a massive pain in the arse, granted. Especially if you have to organise deliveries over the holidays. Did you lose any important files?

@Coldnoodle, Sakho has returned with a Vengeance. Shame everyone around him looks so wobbly. His passing looks terrible, but its actually fantastic. When he goes to ground so early as he did twice today, I wonder if he's actually timed it so the only way he'll make contact is if the other player instigates it, or if its just mistimed and risky

FootballFan

You know who should get with the times? OOBISOFT

Fucking uPlay can fucking fuck fuck right fucking off, fuck. It is the sole reason I am never going to play Assassin's Creed or Far Cry ever again.

Why is uPlay so bad? Well, take a seat and listen carefully. In a world where digital distribution software like Steam exists, with an easy to navigate store, community and personal video game library, you do not need an additional program on top of that. When I'd like to play Assassin's Creed from my Steam account, I have to launch it through Steam. It will then direct you to the uPlay client which will always, always, completely freeze my PC for what feels like an eternity. After the God knows how many'th time my computer locked up I dropkicked that piece of shit bloatware from my PC.

Never happens to me. Sounds like you need a better computer.

Arnie

Loved that. Just got to the car. Piss wet through.

Can was massive in the second half. Well in Raheem, sensational. Christ Lallana was poor today.

Whole team were poor for a good 50 minutes.

FuturusX

Nice scrap of win for us. I'll take it. When was the last time Boxing day fixtures ended without a draw? Perhaps Arsenal will doom us.

El Topo

Was it waterproof then?

At least I have warranty. Still sucks. Doesn't even turn on, just the power light blinking for a few seconds and that's it.

Your laptop should still be covered by manufacturer's warranty, no? Still a massive pain in the arse, granted. Especially if you have to organise deliveries over the holidays. Did you lose any important files?

Still covered, yeah. It's a pain in the ass though because I have to work (and wanted to work over the holidays). I still have my old laptop though. That said, there's some important files on the old one. Not that I can't replace them or that *that* much would be lost, but still enough to piss me off. Who knows when I'll even get my laptop back if I send it in?

Why we taking Coutinho off...

I don't even understand how it worked, but it did. Lambert didn't do much good, but Lallana started holding the ball well, as did Gerrard

Lambert is always fucking offside.

Its remarkable. We use him as a target man to hold the ball/keep it alive when we play it to him in the air or on the ground, but that's rendered impossible by the fact that he's usually just stood offside, seemingly just hoping that a defender is stupid enough to drop a couple of yards at the worst possible moment for them

Heskey scored more EPL goals this season than Balotelli.

You tit.

Call me a lunatic, but I think we might be a bit too reliant on Sterling ¬¬

Coutinho is fantastic at controlling a ball that's still travelling upwards when it reaches him. Led to his great assist. May have been offside, but still. Ground gained on Newcastle and West Ham, ground furthered on Everton. Fucking vital. Need to concentrate on the rung above us before even thinking about the top of the ladder.

The ladder marked '4th place'

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think that display from Rose was the worst I've ever seen. He has no idea where to position himself. His presence in the XI destroyed our defense.

It all started when he scored against us...

Ah but that fiasco led to Kaboul, Rose, Ade and Capoue being ejected from the team, so maybe it was for the best.

Bojan should not be this good. It doesn't make sense. He's done a reverse Altidore.

A touch of the anti-Balotelli about him

He's actually realised that he's one poor season away from ending up in the lower leagues (honestly, that is where Balotelli belongs at the moment) and is starting to show why he was so highly regarded as a youngster. I mean, he's not pulling up trees but he's been impressive

Scum

I think that display from Rose was the worst I've ever seen. He has no idea where to position himself. His presence in the XI destroyed our defense.

Ah but that fiasco led to Kaboul, Rose, Ade and Capoue being ejected from the team, so maybe it was for the best.

The lack of Kaboul in the starting XI always puts a smile on my face.

@Coldnoodle, Sakho has returned with a Vengeance. Shame everyone around him looks so wobbly. His passing looks terrible, but its actually fantastic. When he goes to ground so early as he did twice today, I wonder if he's actually timed it so the only way he'll make contact is if the other player instigates it, or if its just mistimed and risky

Aye, his playing style looks awkward to the eye and on occasion fills me with dread :lol

Can't believe Brendan bought Lovren to be his leader in the back when we already had a guy who by all accounts is a natural leader.

Also:

B46xUL8CAAAX28_.jpg

Aye, his playing style looks awkward to the eye and on occasion fills me with dread :lol

Can't believe Brendan bought Lovren to be his leader in the back when we already had a guy who by all accounts is a natural leader.

Also:

B46xUL8CAAAX28_.jpg

I don't think Sakho speaks enough English to lead a unit of players who also don't have English as a first language. Obviously a lot of a defender's commands come through with their body language, but still.

Like all of our summer signings aside from Balotelli and Markovic*, the purchase of Lovren was a decent idea, with poor results.

*not having a go at him (this time :p), but I don't think we should have spent £20m on potential when we needed instant results for this season.

We really do need 2 new keepers. Anyone. Or anytwo. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom