• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I think hes a little underrated, specially for a starter in the English squad.
He's a striker that doesn't score anywhere near enough goals.

He's a serious athlete and has good link up skills, but he'll never do the job that's really required of him. It's why he's played on the wing so much. He's useful to have as he offers a more direct threat, but if you have a decent striker then he becomes a more peripheral figure.

Hixx

I'm going to be honest. Boxing Day football should forever be a thing, but the next game should come on New Years day. One in between leads to some pretty awful football.

Wilbur

Banned
Falcao's been alright. Nothing earth shattering but a couple of goals and assists in a few starts is alright.

He's got two fewer goals than Welbeck in the league with about a third of the playing time.

Good point for Southampton there.

You also have to give some credit to Southampton, theyve been really solid this season.

I have done several times during the match. They did well, but that doesn't change that Chelsea really should be able to score more than one goal here. Yet again not being nearly direct enough.

+4 has turned into +5

just keep going until Chelsea score I guess

What are you talking about. It's a minimum of 4 minutes and you had a player down and time wasted, and committed quite a few freekicks during the stoppage time. You complain about one extra minute, what is your opinion on the penalty that wasn't given?

GQman2121

Banned
Schurrle should never start again in these type of matches where we are expected to win. These are the dropped points that lose titles.

The City game in a few weeks is going to be massive.

K1LLER7

Why is Falcaos shooting so bad? It has been for us, the number of chances he misses, or gets nothing behind are huge, if any other striker had been doing that for us we'd be livid.
No idea, he had 1 shot today I think. RVP was equally as bad today. He's missed plenty of chances too.

It happens. They'll come good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think this Newcastle game could be quite good, no idea why

Schurrle should never start again in these type of matches where we are expected to win. These are the dropped points that lose titles.

The City game in a few weeks is going to be massive.

Schurrle wasn't very good, but why did we not take off Mikel at HT? This isn't a "I hate Mikel" comment, we needed a goal, Mikel was never going to provide that because its not what he does.

Why did we not bring Drogba and Remy on earlier? We never went for it, at all. I don't think Southampton were even that good (good, but not that good). Its always the same when we drop points, they don't take enough shots and when we do its usually fucking stupid shite like Ivanovic's blaster in the 73rd minute that is never going to go in. We didn't create enough, we didn't do enough.

Perhaps we should do some business in the January window.

bud

City are enjoying a massive winning streak but it will come to an end sooner or later.

/​

image.php

City are enjoying a massive winning streak but it will come to an end sooner or later. A draw away to Southampton isn't a bad result.

It isn't a terrible result, but considering how easy Chelsea actually got chances in the second half it kind of is. It should have been a win.

Luis was dog shit at left back - and both Willian and Schurrle had awful end product.

Honestly though, I expected a little more from Southampton.

Luis was fine when attacking, actually he was great there for the most part. Defensively he seems to weirdly lack quite a bit though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about. It's a minimum of 4 minutes and you had a player down and time wasted, and committed quite a few freekicks during the stoppage time. You complain about one extra minute, what is your opinion on the penalty that wasn't given?

I just wanted the game to end. calm down.

Luis was dog shit at left back - and both Willian and Schurrle had awful end product.

Honestly though, I expected a little more from Southampton.

I didn't have any particular complaints about Luis. We conceded one goal away from home, they created little overall and our problem was scoring not defending

Brannas crossing was shitty again. I really think we should be trying: Azpili Cahill JT Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom