• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauroNL

Dat Fellaini technique. Seriously though, why do Man U never shoot on goal. The want to run the ball in the goal every time, you're not Barcelona just shoot the ball!

Empty

honestly a shame none of our other attackers are as good as young

martial has been really positive though. enjoyed watching him.

Dat Fellaini technique. Seriously though, why do Man U never shoot on goal. The want to run the ball in the goal every time, you're not Barcelona just shoot the ball!

I've been saying this for the past few seasons. Like Arsenal of 5 or 6 years ago. Trying to score the perfect goal by walking it in. I hate this style of football we play.

Brinbe

That 2nd half was not fun to watch at all. So disappointing
At this point I can't just blame the players because I know they can do better. LVG deserves some blame here.

How does Fellaini fit in man u? I've watched 4 or 5 of their matches now between Champions/BPL and he's looked garbage every time.

He was suspended for the 3 matches. He plays best behind the striker but we have like 4 players where that's their preferred position. We also have no one tall on the team.

Shit match. Should've been up 3-0 by the half. Shaw's injury really shook up our side. PSV didn't look all that great but made the best of their minimal chances. Bus parked with not a bit of creativity in this United side. Embarrassing performance.

SkylineRKR

haha what an awful squad. 200 million pounds, no synergy and the worst centre backs in the game.

I expected United to have a hard time here, but not an outright loss.

MauroNL

Well Man U lost to the top seeded club in their group, so I guess it's not the end of the world yet.

But I mean, come on?!

AcridMeat

Banned
He was suspended for the 3 matches. He plays best behind the striker but we have like 4 players where that's their preferred position. We also have no one tall on the team.
Ahhh okay, it's been hard to gauge where he's supposed to be played. I always thought he was more of a cm/cdm. The lack of height is definitely evident, the lack of shots taken and walking it in was pretty atrocious.

El Topo

I think you have to keep in mind that a devastating injury of one of your great (and reliable) talents can really completely throw you off. That said, I take it PSV defended with all they had? That's hard to get through.

Gandalf

That second half was disgraceful. We (Utd) should be putting away teams like that, no offense.

I'm not being funny but if Chris Smalling can run past their CB and have a 1-on-1, and your forwards can't even make more than 1 clear cut chance (wtf Mata square that shit, tap in for Memphis) in one half, you don't deserve to win.

SkylineRKR

That second half was disgraceful. We (Utd) should be putting away teams like that, no offense.

I'm not being funny but if Chris Smalling can run past their CB and have a 1-on-1, and your forwards can't even make more than 1 clear cut chance (wtf Mata square that shit, tap in for Memphis) in one half, you don't deserve to win.

United should invest their money in some centre backs. They're shit. Was not impressed by this squad at all. LvG is a hack, same with WC and Bayern where he relied on only Robben.

PSV was the easiest away game on paper, it will be fun watching them against Wolfsburg and CSKA.

La Liga >>> the world

-every player ever.

but it's much easier to always single out him.

You often see Messi, the guy who Ronaldo is always compared to, consistently dive and lie for penalties on the field?

You can see the desperation in Ronaldo to become the top-scorer by any means necessary, even if it means lying or lambasting his own teammates.

Gandalf

United should invest their money in some centre backs. They're shit. Was not impressed by this squad at all. LvG is a hack, same with WC and Bayern where he relied on only Robben.

PSV was the easiest away game on paper, it will be fun watching them against Wolfsburg and CSKA.

Smalling isn't shit, sorry. Rojo coming on made us look ALOT weaker at the back, which worried me as I wanted him in the starting line up a few weeks ago, before Blind put in some decent performances. Blind was goddamn awful after switching to LB. Maybe putting Rojo there would've been a better decision in hindsight.

We do need another quality CB as a starter, or cover at least. McNair isn't ready yet.

I thought Martial did OK, made a few chances, perhaps could've done better with his shot on goal.

Wolfsburg is now a must win. Which is annoying this early on in the group stage.

Tubie

I still don't trust Rafa and await him to shit the bed when we face top opponents.

But I have to say there are many positives to take away from the first 3 league matches and this CL match.

-Ronaldo is still Ronaldo and I bet him and Messi both cross the 100 goals scored in the CL line before they both retire, what a time to be a Footballfan.

-Kovacic is insanely good, probably better than Kroos.

-Casemiro is really good, probably better than Kroos.

-At this rate Navas will break Casillas's record for minutes without a goal allowed in official matches soon.

-Navas is really fucking good, I admit I kinda wanted De Gea to come and replace him but we might've gotten lucky that deal didn't happen.

-We have the best LB in the world. Marcelo is too damn good.

Turok_TTZ

Mehssi does dive and lie on occasion though. bad example brah.

Only Benzema doesn't do either. and today he had a bad game.

Benzema needs to hit the training grounds and practice the Van nistelrooy routines. on any other day, Benz would have had a hattrick if not more.

IceCold

You often see Messi, the guy who Ronaldo is always compared to, consistently dive and lie for penalties on the field?

You can see the desperation in Ronaldo to become the top-scorer by any means necessary, even if it means lying or lambasting his own teammates.

Messi would if he was able to shoot pens better.

Tubie

Dude they are different players with different personalities and the fact they are both playing in the same era has made them both better.

We are lucky to have them and watch them play every week.

Sure, Ronaldo goes overboard with the celebrations but that's just who he is.

Also, Messi would have a lot more goals to his name if he had the same penalty conversion rate as Penaldo.

SkylineRKR

Smalling isn't shit, sorry. Rojo coming on made us look ALOT weaker at the back, which worried me as I wanted him in the starting line up a few weeks ago, before Blind put in some decent performances. Blind was goddamn awful after switching to LB. Maybe putting Rojo there would've been a better decision in hindsight.

We do need another quality CB as a starter, or cover at least. McNair isn't ready yet.

I thought Martial did OK, made a few chances, perhaps could've done better with his shot on goal.

Wolfsburg is now a must win. Which is annoying this early on in the group stage.

I think Smalling is nothing special tbh. Not good enough for the level United should chase. We're talking Bayern, Real, Barca here. United has the funds to get closer to those teams. Therefore their vision is baffling, no investments in defense but yet grabbing guys like Martial for god knows how much. There are guys like Hummels out there. Laporte.

Blind is an awful player. Memphis the same. They're both one trick ponies. I'd rather not have them in our national side, but we've got nothing else lol. But they aren't going to make United a better team. Memphis is too egocentric, Blind is too slow for a team that should play far from its own goal.

When you have to bring Fellaini, I think you've got a problem.

Dude they are different players with different personalities and the fact they are both playing in the same era has made them both better.

We are lucky to have them and watch them play every week.

Sure, Ronaldo goes overboard with the celebrations but that's just who he is.

Also, Messi would have a lot more goals to his name if he had the same penalty conversion rate as Penaldo.

What are you going on about? The discussion is about Ronaldo's continued poor sportsmanship on the pitch, not penalty conversion rates or goal celebrations.

Tubie

What are you going on about? The discussion is about Ronaldo's continued poor sportsmanship on the pitch, not penalty conversion rates or goal celebrations.

Oh ok, I did go off topic there.

You do keep acting like Messi doesn't act like a bitch every time someone comes close to him. Do you even watch La Liga games?

Oh ok, I did go off topic there.

You do keep acting like Messi doesn't act like a bitch every time someone comes close to him. Do you even watch La Liga games?

I've been watching La Liga for years so yes, I do. I've watched him being stamped on by several guys in Atletico games and still continue in the box. I've watched him continue to dribble when most other players would go down. When he cries or whines, he usually has a perfectly legitimate reason for doing so. He's not perfect but he has good sportsmanship.

And he doesn't lose it with his teammates when they get goals and/or don't pass to him.

Lyng

Bad result. We actually played alot better today but Mata sadly had a complete offday.
Schweinsteiger just keeps getting better.
It was clear though that the terrible injury to Shaw really shoock the team.
Moreno should be happy Keane isnt active anymore, what a cnut to celebrate like that after almost destroying another players career, and then he even tried to do it to Young aswell. What a dirty swine of a player.

Tubie

I've been watching La Liga for years so yes, I do. I've watched him being stamped on by several guys in Atletico games and still continue in the box. I've watched him continue to dribble when most other players would go down. When he cries or whines, he usually has a perfectly legitimate reason for doing so. He's not perfect but he has good sportsmanship.

And he doesn't lose it with his teammates when they get goals and/or don't pass to him.

LOL

ok you are delusional, last year he started a riot because lucho sat him one game and then he threatened to leave for Chelsea just because of that. He didn't like all the attention Neymar was getting.

Turok_TTZ

I see you fail to mention mehssi kicking ball hard to crowd in frustration. so much for watching la liga for years, eh?

is okay. everyone has their biases.

Tubie

To be perfectly clear, I am a Madrid supporter and I think Messi is the best player of all times.

But, he is in no way perfect on and off the field. I hate how Barca fans try to make him look like an angel when he's not.

He complains and asks for penalties just as much as any other player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom