• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

S9sRgbj.gif

Syder

Arsenal should put the kids out in Europa next year and have a real crack at the League while the other 5 top teams are in the CL.

DBT85

Yeah, I know everyone says it's a tough competition to win but Utd have had to do fuck all during their run.

Its not the CL in terms of quality, but in my 32 years on this planet only 2 English teams have won it, Chelsea once and Spurs once.

Lots of games to play.

English teams have won the CL twice as often in the same time, but then I suppose have had more entries too.

stuiggs07

Neo Member
Yeah, I know everyone says it's a tough competition to win but Utd have had to do fuck all during their run.

Yep, just have to look at Liverpool's run in last year (Augsburg, Man Utd, Dortmund, Villareal and Sevilla) compared to what Man Utd have faced this year (St Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta Vigo and Ajax)

CrayToes

Its not the CL in terms of quality, but in my 32 years on this planet only 2 English teams have won it, Chelsea once and Spurs once.

Lots of games to play.

English teams have won the CL twice as often in the same time.

That's largely down to a distinct lack of effort due to no reward for victory. We've had two finalists in 2 years and you can guarantee we'll have more in the near future now that CL qualification is possible.

Sec0nd

This final plays out as so many other finals I've watched in recent history. Its an underdog vs an established team. The underdog got up to the final because of some excellent and exciting matches and play (though I only watched ajax - lyon and those matches were fucking thrilling). But they get nervous and completely forget how to play football. Established team gets a cheeky goal or to and dont have to put any more effort in for the rest of the game. Resulting in a incredibly boring game.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Man, Ajax is one of the worst teams that I saw in recent years at this level.

Deserved win for United. Their defense really made obvious how weak Ajax is.

RocknRola

Whelp, Man.U won it in the end and their 6th place will be "alright" in the end :p

Good match, enjoyed it as an outsider. Somewhat "lucky" goals for Man.U, but in football you gotta work for your luck, so well done.

I also hope this is a new start for Ajax! A team like that can't spend another 21 years away from European finals :)

DBT85

hooray, ooray, no Europa next year. Mo money to burn to boot.

Dull game against a poor opponent.

We really should be imposing our play on teams at that level, not just sitting back and letting them blow themselves out.

Hoping for a lot more in the final 3rd next season. Desperately need it.

6th in the prem isn;t good enough, but he's turned a poor year into a ok transition by winning 2 trophies and getting CL for next season.

T-Rex.

Banned
Sunderland would have given Utd a better game lmao. What a shit, shit performance.

Still, Mourinho got his tactics spot on.

Top Bottom