• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Moyes to Palace and Big Sam to Southampton?
Chris-Evans-Laughing-GIFs-Pictures.gif

But what if he's the next Messi!

Just like Odegaard was supposed to be the Norwegian Messi >.>

This post just got my head going. What if in 2-3 years when Ronaldo and Messi were close to retiring, a speculation bubble in the market happened during a few years afterwards, and teams started spending 80,90 million and upwards for 18 year olds and 19 year olds because one of them could be the next Ronaldo/Messi? And after a few years, when everyone realized no one was actually gonna reach their level, it all would came crashing down hard. That would be a huge laugh.

I guess I just want to see the world burn.

Carbonox

Nile Ranger jailed for 8 months for online fraud. :lol

How this stupid cunt has even got this far as a "professional" footballer I do not know. Chance after chance after chance, crime after crime after crime. Thousands of footballers in this country deserve chances more than him. He must have dirt on many people to be stealing a career in the sport for as long as he did.

casiopao

This post just got my head going. What if in 2-3 years when Ronaldo and Messi were close to retiring, a speculation bubble in the market happened during a few years afterwards, and teams started spending 80,90 million and upwards for 18 year olds and 19 year olds because one of them could be the next Ronaldo/Messi? And after a few years, when everyone realized no one was actually gonna reach their level, it all would came crashing down hard. That would be a huge laugh.

I guess I just want to see the world burn.

I guess Juventus are lucky that they are not actively searching for the next Ronaldo and Messi at all lol.^^

We are certainly looking for the next Nedved though.o-O" Also having Dybala won't make us go crazy on youngsters too.^^

Jarnet87

Gonna record the game, going to be hard to avoid seeing the score but will try. of course if United end up losing I'll regret not just checking the score and be done with it instead of sitting through two hours of misery.

T-Rex.

Banned
The only way I can see Ajax winning is if they get the first goal. If Utd score first then gg cos it'll be 11 men behind the ball for the rest of the game.

Jarnet87

United have typically done well in the first half of Europa league games from memory, it's the 2nd half where they drop off. If Ajax score first and early it will force United to push the rest of the game. For Ajax to really rattle United early they have got to put a couple in the back of the net. They don't have to score first to win. United could get the first goal, miss clear chances and then fall into their shell where they have conceded goals late.

Harmen

Casual lurker on this thread, but I unfortunately think MU will run circles around Ajax this evening. I am from Amsterdam so I am heavily pro-Ajax, but I honestly don't think our chances are that high. But who knows, MU has been average the last couple of years, despite slinging around absurd amounts of transfer money. Ajax is a young, unknown team that can lead to some surprises.

DBT85

So Varela is a total tit. He's been sent back to United days before the cup final because he got a tattoo against instructions and it's infected. Way to go kid. They were thinking of extending his loan but have now said they don't want him back.

I can't for the life of me see Man Utd losing this. Really hope I'm wrong, but can see this being a 3 or 4-0 affair.

4-0? Is the final played over 8 games? Lol.

Hoping for a win. But this is Man Utd Ajax, shouldn't need to hope.

T-Rex.

Banned
That is exactly what Ajax wants though.
But it's also what Mourinho wants. Say whatever you like about him, but he knows how to get the job done in situations like that. Better, and more experienced, teams than the Ajax one have struggled to overcome a Mourinho side holding onto a lead in a vital match.

Hopefully I'm wrong though, and hopefully it's a comfortable Ajax victory.

casiopao

Juve with Iniesta would be one hell of a team.

It is going to be a very conflicting for me lol. As it would mean, rather than adding another powerful Mid player who will be able to protect our regista, we actually add another one lol.O_O

We need Vidal or Pogba style player ASAP hiks.T_T We already have Marchisio and Pjanic with literally the same skill set as Iniesta lol.^^

sammex

Romero has been in goal all tournament.

It's strange though. It's like when Wenger decides to stick with Ospina instead of putting in Cech for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Just choose your best players for vital games.

That's what I mean, De Gea is their best keeper so why not use him? It gives you a better chance of winning. Never liked the whole 2nd keepers play cups thing. If you're going to sign behind someone as good as De Gea you know you're not getting a game regularly but you get the financial compensation.

DBT85

Why isn't De Gea starting?

Romero has played most of the other games and I think Mou has been keeping De Gea out of the way for a while now anyway. Maybe he knows he's off and his head's not in the game.

My right leg is going to be jiggling up and down for the entire game I think lol.

DBT85

Do Utd go straight in to the group stages of the CL when they win tonight?

If they win then yeah, because both CL finalists have already qualified via league position.

Had Leicester won it then United would have been bumped to the quali stages and Pool would have been bumped to Europa.

As someone who dislikes both Ajax (although a lot of respect for their youth development) and Manchester United, I really want Ajax to win this one. How amazing would it be for a club from a smaller country to finally win a European cup again?

Top Bottom