• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Shame... Bad 1st half, better 2nd. Just couldn't find that equalizer. City had better chances to put this one to bed but I can't be too upset with our performance today. KDB was just a monster. Probably should've had a hat trick. LOL at the thought of Clattenburg giving us any advantage.

Brinbe

Tough loss but a deserved result for City. Mou got the initial lineup wrong and they only really got things going after the goal.

There are encouraging signs though, despite the L. Could have easily won or drew that on a different day.

De Gea/Valencia/Bailly/Shaw/Fellaini were probably the best on this day. Herrera/Rashford did a great job too subbing in. Pogba was okay, but still not at his best. Ibra got the goal and Rooney was all over the place but didn't do anything of note.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Much better showing than what anemic garbage LVG used to give us. So I'll take that. That first half though :(

Qvoth

only watched 2nd half, city looking pretty shaky despite the win imo
seems like selling bravo was a good thing for barca, he looked pretty bad

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
That was probably the worst performance of a goalkeeper I have ever seen in a top team.

Audioboxer

Not even mad. After the way City started, I'm pleased we gave it our all. Proud of the team, but City were better today.

That's thoroughly unacceptable at home on a derby. You should be the better team and still unfortunately lose. That first half was absolutely atrocious.

Not even mad. After the way City started, I'm pleased we gave it our all. Proud of the team, but City were better today.

Pretty much. More fight than anything in the last 3 years. Losses feel a lot better when your team actually tries. Although first half we were awful.

RiggyRob

Don't be that guy.

They beat their bitter rival, closest competitors in the league, away from home. Of course they should celebrate.

But like that? It was almost Liverpool v West Brom-esque.

In fairness, for Pep winning the Derby often meant winning the league. Not the case here though.

Syder

First time I've felt confident this season.

8IndHBV.jpg

Pachimari

15 minutes till the Real Madrid - Osasuna match! Cristiano is starting this one, and Marcelo and Carvajal gets rest. Kovacic gets a start too, which I like.

Hala Madrid!

Also, Atletico won 4-0 earlier today.

Hieberrr

Bravo... is a professional keeper? Jeez.

City were walking all over United in the first half, but it was nice to see United start the second half strong. Too bad Ibra and Pogba totally disappeared.

Top Bottom