• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

If you think Zabaleta is playing like he use to then its you who hasn't seen him play. He's age is showing. Should've just kept using Antonio at RB.
I never said he's playing like he used to. I said he's had two good games, which is true.

Antonio at RB is a disaster, you're not making a very good case here.

near

Gold Member
I never said he's playing like he used to. I said he's had two good games, which is true.

Antonio at RB is a disaster, you're not making a very good case here.

He hasn't exactly had two good games though. In both games he's responsible for two conceded goals that were easily avoidable. He's poorly timed run against Utd that he couldn't recover back for and he's needless shove to give away a penalty in this game. Antonio isn't a natural RB but he'd be playing better there than Zaba would.

MikeBison

Erm, I wouldn't say that was a good cameo, or that he's ahead of Origi.

First game of the season, Origi came on and didn't touch the ball. Didn't win any headers, didn't hold the ball up.

Solanke did that. Put himself about. Involved in 2 or 3 chances. Held the ball up. Won headers.

Ready for Arse

nKeZddn.gif

Syder

Antonio isn't a natural RB but he'd be playing better there than Zaba would.
This is absolute rubbish. When Antonio has played RB, he's been a massive detriment to the team; giving away goals and goal-scoring opportunities. One of Bilić's worst decisions.

Outside of errors, which our entire defence is guilty of, Zabaleta has been our most solid defender so far. Calling a free transfer a 'bad piece of business' after 180 minutes is just silly.

First game of the season, Origi came on and didn't touch the ball. Didn't win any headers, didn't hold the ball up.

Solanke did that. Put himself about. Involved in 2 or 3 chances. Held the ball up. Won headers.

Haven't seen any highlights of today, but I'll attest to Origi's performance last week. If Solanke is moving about better than him, shit yeah put him higher on the pecking order.

MikeBison

Haven't seen any highlights of today, but I'll attest to Origi's performance last week. If Solanke is moving about better than him, shit yeah put him higher on the pecking order.

All Origi needed to do was hold the ball up to help see out those 10 mins.

Also, one of the chances Solanke involved in today was for the goal. Big slice of luck but he was awake and played a part.

Beefy

Charlie Austin:
"I was going to his right for the penalty, but then Mark Noble said Joe Hart knows where you are going, so I put it into the other side."

cheers Noble!

-----------

Just put Pogba in my dream team, watch him turn to shit.

near

Gold Member
This is absolute rubbish. When Antonio has played RB, he's been a massive detriment to the team; giving away goals and goal-scoring opportunities. One of Bilić's worst decisions.

Outside of errors, which our entire defence is guilty of, Zabaleta has been our most solid defender so far. Calling a free transfer a 'bad piece of business' after 180 minutes is just silly.

I called it 'poor business' not 'bad piece of business' if your going to quote me on it. Just because you sign a player for free doesn't necessarily mean there's no risk involved. He's on £90,000 a week on a two year deal, that's nonsensical. It's only been two games yes, but still don't think it was necessary to sign him. Just my opinion and over the two games he's played, he's played poor.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I called it 'poor business' not 'bad piece of business' if your going to quote me on it. Just because you sign a player for free doesn't necessarily mean there's no risk involved. He's on £90,000 a week on a two year deal, that's nonsensical. It's only been two games yes, but still don't think it was necessary to sign him. Just my opinion and over the two games he's played, he's played poor.

I disagree

Syder

You couldn't be more wrong.

Ahmm am I having a stroke? Im seeing somebody that looks EXACTLY like Jese Rodriguez on Stoke Citys team. Wow Im having a bad day today.

Syder

Obviously, Southampton will be pleased with getting that late pen but honestly, Lee Mason did both teams a massive disservice in that match; if Tadić gets sent off first, who knows how that game goes. He's looking like another Mike Dean.

Lads played like absolute heroes after Arnautovic decided he wanted to go for a walk on the seafront. Bilić's subs were great and Hernández is already looking like a bargain. Definitely, lots of positives to take away from the final 45 minutes. The only disappointment is not playing how we did in the second half for 90 minutes but like I said last week...
we knew coming in we'd have to wait for new players to gel while playing four out of five of our opening fixtures away from home. I honestly would not be surprised or concerned if we have 1 point after 5 games.
so let's see how we're shaping up in a couple of months. No one's season is over after 180 minutes.

Erm, I wouldn't say that was a good cameo, or that he's ahead of Origi.

Origi has three issues.

1. He's coming off the bench so limited chances to impress.
2. He has confidence issues if he doesn't get a run of games.
3. Every time he gains form, he either gets injured or Firmino/Sturridge push him to the bench.

I think this is likely his last season at Liverpool, otherwise he will be sold, if not loaned out. Solanke is willing to take his chances as as substitute, whereas Origi can't seem to shake the confidence issues off to gain form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom