• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2291

Sick of hearing about Rafa and Newcastle today.

Fuck off.

You spent close to £60 Million in the Championship and you're closing in on £100 Million over the last 3 transfer windows.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Fuck off.

You spent close to £60 Million in the Championship and you're closing in on £100 Million over the last 3 transfer windows.

According to those rags, there is a club in crisis every week. Last week it was Chelsea. Newcastle will win next week and everyone will forget about this nonsense.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's Rafa. Such an unlikable man.

No, I haven't forgiven him for what he did to Xabi, even if that wasn't completely his fault.

Do what I do, blame Gareth Barry.

I could never dislike Rafa, recently he showed up at a charity run for Hillsborough and stopped to shake hands with every single participant. He's a class act.

Fuck off.

Absolutely boiled my piss last season - I'm a QPR fan and 99% of Champ coverage was discussion of the Toon as champions-elect and earnest discussions about Rafa's ability to spend what was 'necessary'. Moaned when they should have walked the division last season and still moaning this season, off the back of financially doping the market beyond belief. There's a reason you can barely pick up a 10 goal a season striker in The Championship for shy of about £4m and that's largely down to Newcastle and VIlla.

Still, personal revenge when we got a last minute equaliser last season at St James Park and I fell down 3 rows of seats.

Markitron

I wonder if we're gonna sell Sakho for the desired 30 mil or if we'll be accepting lowball offers by deadline day out of desperation.

The whole thing is so ridiculous. He's not good enough for Liverpool, but we still want 30m for him. We have a woeful defence that won't be improved this year, but this 30m player can't get into the team because he was late for a flight last year?

I don't know wtf they are thinking. We will get to the last day and loan him out like we always fucking do, then he will have a great season at whatever mid-season club he goes to. Meanwhile Liverpool will concede 50 goals this season and all year I will be moaning in this thread about loaning out Sakho.

DBT85

At this point I assume they want to stunt the growth of BT Sport any way they can.

Sky with no sport will fail and with BT willing to spend the cash at the next round of bidding, you could easily see sky drop from 126 pl games and BT go up from 48 (I think). It's chump change anyway, equivalent to 18 pl games in cost.

The whole thing is so ridiculous. He's not good enough for Liverpool, but we still want 30m for him. We have a woeful defence that won't be improved this year, but this 30m player can't get into the team because he was late for a flight last year?

I don't know wtf they are thinking. We will get to the last day and loan him out like we always fucking do, then he will have a great season at whatever mid-season club he goes to. Meanwhile Liverpool will concede 50 goals this season and all year I will be moaning in this thread about loaning out Sakho.

It's mad, we are getting Hoedt for £15m.

I mean I'm cool with Klopp not wanting him, that's his decision and I'll trust the manager, but 20-25 mil should be enough for it right? Everyone knows we want him off the books so we're not in a position of power here, if people don't pay, we'll loan him anyway.

Just want it behind us really.

I swear this happens with Carvalho/Sporting every transfer window. Deal seemingly close and then the price starts creeping up. Don't know much about the player but makes me wary.

Nah. That was just trash from portuguese newspapers or ridiculous offers. This is the real deal. He has a buyout clause (45M€) and english clubs are very rich so he will leave for something around that number (35-40 plus some variables).

What is Klopp's issue with Sahko anyway? Personality?

Sahko does strike me as the kind of defender who relies upon his raw athleticism to overcome deficiencies in technique and reading the game, but still. He's better than what we've got there now, at least until age catches up.

Glad someone else agrees with me. His treatment of Sakho is fucking appalling. It's like Sakho fucked his wife or something.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
GoT was lit fam

Now time to kick back and wait for the match

EDIT: Klopp is an overrated clown, Sakho is at least their second best defender. Just play him.

Dadasch

It begins.
There will be a lot of criticisms of Klopp's decisions this year and he will get annoyed and cynical all year long. Afterwards he will leave Liverpool for Bayern.

Unfortunately...

Markitron

Sahko does strike me as the kind of defender who relies upon his raw athleticism to overcome deficiencies in technique and reading the game, but still. He's better than what we've got there now, at least until age catches up.

Glad someone else agrees with me. His treatment of Sakho is fucking appalling. It's like Sakho fucked his wife or something.

If we just look at the facts, it doesn't add up. It started with Sakho taking a fat burner last year. He didn't tell the club, which is obviously pretty bad, but it wasn't on the banned substances list. Since he missed the Europa Final and all of Euro 16, I would say he has payed for that mistake and then some.

The other issues were him being late for a flight and a team meal. A suspension and a fine seems more than sufficient for these issues. The last problem with him was a social media post which was essentially him venting about not being picked for whatever reason and saying he was frustrated. It wasn't the smartest move in the world, but what he was saying was the truth and, honestly, can you blame him? I'd be frustrated if I wasn't being picked in a defense that's leaking goals every game.

How these transgressions add up to a year of being frozen out of a team desperately short of defensive quality is beyond me.You might say that we don't know all the details, and that's true, but the club haven't been shy about leaking details of the drama thru their own personal mouth of Sauron: James Pearce. If there were more unkown details to be learned, I'm not so sure those details would make LFC look any better. All of this is made all the more ridiculous by the 30m price tag we have slapped on him, if the club didn't rate him then why are they pricing him out of reach for many clubs. Even today, 30m is excessive for a defender unwanted by the selling club that has barely played in 18 months and is recovering from a long term injury.

The whole thing is genuinely making me question Klopp's managerial abilities. Can he really not find a solution to this problem? If we loan out Sakho without signing another defender, it will yet again signal to me that there are serious problems behind the scenes. This will be hugely magnified if we sell Coutinho as well.

The club has been laughably inept in the market thus far, and it's going to cost the fans, most of whom seen all this coming a mile away.

Apologies for the rant, but it's really getting on my tits.

caramac

Sakho is all but done at Liverpool, after all the problems and run ins with Rodgers and Klopp there's probably no way back for him. Fuck me, its only earlier on this year he was at Anfield celebrating with Benteke after he scored and he wasn't even in the palace squad.
He's learned nothing, he's still only 27 so 30m is fair enough in todays market.

hXammbv.gif
Kwn5maq.gif

I will be interested in hearing the full full story, but that's some years down the line I assume, or Sakho leaving and then running his mouth once he's out of our clutches. You would have thought the club would have leaked all the worst stuff to justify themselves already though.

Markitron

You would have thought the club would have leaked all the worst stuff to justify themselves already though.

I think they already have leaked everything that will make them look like the good guys. I think Sakho and Klopp just don't get on for whatever reason and the team is paying the price for personal stubbornness. If he can improve the defence he should be in the team.

Earlier in the year we were fucking up our season and playing lucas at CB, meanwhile Sakho was picking up MOTM awards at palace and I was wanting to explode.

If we just look at the facts, it doesn't add up. It started with Sakho taking a fat burner last year. He didn't tell the club, which is obviously pretty bad, but it wasn't on the banned substances list. Since he missed the Europa Final and all of Euro 16, I would say he has payed for that mistake and then some.

The other issues were him being late for a flight and a team meal. A suspension and a fine seems more than sufficient for these issues. The last problem with him was a social media post which was essentially him venting about not being picked for whatever reason and saying he was frustrated. It wasn't the smartest move in the world, but what he was saying was the truth and, honestly, can you blame him? I'd be frustrated if I wasn't being picked in a defense that's leaking goals every game.

How these transgressions add up to a year of being frozen out of a team desperately short of defensive quality is beyond me.You might say that we don't know all the details, and that's true, but the club haven't been shy about leaking details of the drama thru their own personal mouth of Sauron: James Pearce. If there were more unkown details to be learned, I'm not so sure those details would make LFC look any better. All of this is made all the more ridiculous by the 30m price tag we have slapped on him, if the club didn't rate him then why are they pricing him out of reach for many clubs. Even today, 30m is excessive for a defender unwanted by the selling club that has barely played in 18 months and is recovering from a long term injury.

The whole thing is genuinely making me question Klopp's managerial abilities. Can he really not find a solution to this problem? If we loan out Sakho without signing another defender, it will yet again signal to me that there are serious problems behind the scenes. This will be hugely magnified if we sell Coutinho as well.

The club has been laughably inept in the market thus far, and it's going to cost the fans, most of whom seen all this coming a mile away.

Apologies for the rant, but it's really getting on my tits.

That's my exact thoughts. Things don't add up and make sense as far as for what he is being punished for. It just doesn't make sense.

Sakho is all but done at Liverpool, after all the problems and run ins with Rodgers and Klopp there's probably no way back for him. Fuck me, its only earlier on this year he was at Anfield celebrating with Benteke after he scored and he wasn't even in the palace squad.
He's learned nothing, he's still only 27 so 30m is fair enough in todays market.

What problems though that was so severe that he is frozen out of the club despite our defence being shit? It has nothing to do with what he did anymore and more to do with Kloop's pride and ego.

So a guy messing about with his teammates is not suppose to happen? To me that screams nothing but "NO fun allowed" If I was a footballer, I wouldn't want to play for a team where I can't have a bit of fun.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is Dominic Calvert-Lewin starting tonight? 7/1 to be booked on bet365 is tasty

yes

banter is the most important currency now

Guess West Ham are rich

EDIT: CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Danilo, Kompany, Stones, Aguero, De Bruyne, David Silva, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Gabriel Jesus.

cromofo

Nothing on Everton twitter but this is what I'm getting:

#EFC side to face #MCFC: Pickford, Keane, Jagielka, Williams, Holgate, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Baines, Davies, Rooney, Calvert-Lewin

Very very defensive.

caramac

That's my exact thoughts. Things don't add up and make sense as far as for what he is being punished for. It just doesn't make sense.

What problems though that was so severe that he is frozen out of the club despite our defence being shit? It has nothing to do with what he did anymore and more to do with Kloop's pride and ego.

So a guy messing about with his teammates is not suppose to happen? To me that screams nothing but "NO fun allowed" If I was a footballer, I wouldn't want to play for a team where I can't have a bit of fun.

The guy was known to be disruptive before he signed for Liverpool. He was included in the squad for the pre season tour of the US after the fat-burner issue and he acts like a twat again. Maybe Klopp has half the ego of Sakho.

You can read whatever into those gifs, They were before Klopp came to Liverpool.

slider

Nah. That was just trash from portuguese newspapers or ridiculous offers. This is the real deal. He has a buyout clause (45M€) and english clubs are very rich so he will leave for something around that number (35-40 plus some variables).

Ahh, I see, thanks for the correction. It's an unknown league, market and player for me!

English clubs are ridiculously rich. I'm not sure whether West Ham's owners are willing to go much further. But I'm also unsure how much they'd previously bid. I thought they'd had a bid accepted - again that could just have been paper talk.

Syder

Ahh, I see, thanks for the correction. It's an unknown league, market and player for me!

English clubs are ridiculously rich. I'm not sure whether West Ham's owners are willing to go much further. But I'm also unsure how much they'd previously bid. I thought they'd had a bid accepted - again that could just have been paper talk.
If we don't get him because Sporting are fucking about, I can't blame the board.

Same thing happened with Lacazette, Lyon fucked us around with the price and we said 'bye!'

PatjuhR

Bookies giving me only 30 cents for every euro I put in for a City win. I'm not going to bet on that.

Everton is playing very defensive, but I don't think it's going to work out for them.

Markitron

Anyone that still finds Kamara funny probably sniffs bicycle seats and thinks Attack of the Clones is the best Star Wars movie.

Edit: that see-through tunnel is hella creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom