• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Kid, son and pal are some of the wankiest ways of saying "I know more than you" online.

Hell yes. Watching in 4k50 is a joy.

The audio/video quality is as good, if not better, than most 4K Blu rays. I'm seriously impressed

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
As a broadcast professional, it's not even close to the bandwidth used for a 4k blu ray.

The 50p does wonders for it though.

I know it comes nowhere close to the same bandwidth, but it's being captured directly from a 4K source. Unlike almost all 4K blu rays which are usually mastered from 2K intermediates.

I'm watching this on NBC's online streaming service, with another stream paused in a separate window in case NBC buffers or goes down.

Even when fullscreened, the NBC stream is missing over an inch on all sides of the video for banner ads, and the picture is much more vibrant on my backup stream...

Markitron

True. Does make a huge difference.

I was expecting it to be good, but not this good. The Atmos modules are being used exclusively for crowd noises and it's really selling the atmosphere.

Markitron

You've get 4k it's an extra £12 a month.

My TV deal has 60% discount, so £48 a month for box sets, sports, HD and Q multiroom.

Just to add to this, you need the 2TB box for 4K and Atmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom