• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

It's a win win for him. More money, better players around him to prove himself and then off to another big club in the summer. I don't see anything wrong with that.

If he doesn't play then it isn't. Also, you're assuming big clubs will take him in the summer. He'd be 28 and on a bigger salary. It won't be as attractive to them.

And for you, what if you can't shift him? He strikes me as the kind of player that would want a bit of money to leave.

You're thinking, like Chelsea, super short term.

Which is never really a good thing.

Ba has nothing to lose. If he is incredible he becomes our main man. If he is average he will still play in the PL. if he is awful someone will still pick him up on the cheap and more than likely still in the PL.

Wilbur

Banned
Ba has nothing to lose. If he is incredible he becomes our main man. If he is average he will still play in the PL. if he is awful someone will still pick him up on the cheap and more than likely still in the PL.

Bungie has a point. He's now going to be on far bigger wages than almost everyone in the PL can afford.

And you know that how?

I think Ba is moving there because he thinks he is good enough to make the spot his own and because it's a big opportunity - so good luck to him.

But the idea that he can just go elsewhere with no problems is a best case scenario. What if Chelsea don't want to sell unless they get a certain price that other clubs won't meet. What if nobody wants to pay his new salary which will likely be very high. What if the other clubs go elsewhere and sign other players and then don't need Ba.

As a football player you want to be playing and it's very possible he gets stuck on the bench and every week that happens his stock falls lower and lower.

It's not a guaranteed good thing for him by any means. It's a risk...but one he has to take, so good luck to him.

Meier

Everton have been dominating since I started watching after HT but they don't look like scoring. Chelsea seem dangerous every attack.

Bungie has a point. He's now going to be on far bigger wages than almost everyone in the PL can afford.
I was making toast when Sky announced this.

Is Ba on a six month contract or something? I'm assuming not. So why are we now talking as if it's fact that after the summer he'll not get used and will have to move on?

Wilbur

Banned
I was making toast when Sky announced this.

Is Ba on a six month contract or something? I'm assuming not. So why are we now talking as if it's fact that after the summer he'll not get used and will have to move on?

Well, just because Quiche said this I suppose:

Surely the worst that happens is he gets a quick pay check and moves to some other PL club in the summer?

I think its a relatively poor move for footballing reasons on Ba's part; he'll get more wages but he's still going to be behind Torres for as long as he's at the club. The mentality that he'll get a pay check and then move is just a little odd, but its all conjecture.

Hixx

I'd rather be a squad player at a club like Chelsea than being paid a pittance to carry a team staving off relegation tbh

I was saying that if we sign someone world class in the summer than he is off with a nice paycheck. I wouldn't mind him being a better Sturridge on the bench. I just don't see him wanting to be a bench warmer for long.

Well, just because Quiche said this I suppose:

I think its a relatively poor move for footballing reasons on Ba's part; he'll get more wages but he's still going to be behind Torres for as long as he's at the club. The mentality that he'll get a pay check and then move is just a little odd, but its all conjecture.

Also because Chelsea will sign a better striker in the summer. If they are looking to sign Falcao then it's very unlikely that Ba is someone they would settle on.

Top Bottom