• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Some really good points for Chelsea there.

Everton the much better side for most of that game but they didn't take their chances.

Kinda want Chelsea to keep winning though and leapfrog City at some point. Feel like they could get stuck in a tangle for 2nd place and that might help us get out further ahead.

:D it's the other way round these days, Lolpool are the small club.

Only by one of the many metrics :p

Fanbase numbers
Finances
Stadium capacity
Trophies

Bigger still :D

rafabenitez.thumbnail.jpg

Yen

B-Rod and B-Jo (and Glen Driscoll, LFC's head of performance) have probably got the norro virus. Colin Pascoe (C-Pa) and Mike Marsh (MiMa) are managing the team today, Gulacsi is the sub goalkeeper.

Arnie

Great win for Chelsea, shame there's a number of spenk Chelsea fans who persist calling Rafa a 'shit manager', yet coast along and enjoy it when he continues to push the club back towards a title challenge.

only one di matteo, one di matttteeeeeooooo

Henderson starts. Class.

I even put a Jeff warning in my Torres posts earlier.

He was shit again, no one is saying the worst in the world, just the worst buy in the last many years at Chelsea and constantly shit.

I'm a Torres apologist I admit that much, I wouldn't say he's constantly shit but its like if he doesn't start a game brightly then he's like on the seventh layer of shit, if he's on form he's unplayable

In theory someone like Ba should be perfect as it gives a better option when he's shit but that hardly worked with Drogba

Great win for Chelsea, shame there's a number of spenk Chelsea fans who persist calling Rafa a 'shit manager', yet coast along and enjoy it when he continues to push the club back towards a title challenge.

My sentiments exactly. Bores the cock off me.

Wilbur

Banned
He was just as good 2-3 years ago.

I thought he was great 3 years ago, he's incredible now. But if he was a few years younger then I can imagine Chelsea looking at him to replace Cole, Barca taking him instead of Alba (if they forget the La Masia stuff for a moment). He's absolutely brilliant.

elseanio

Henderson starts. Class.

He wont take his chance and have an average game. Really has an opportunity to keep a place in our midfield.

Baines and Jaglekla could fit into any of the best teams in Europe IMO.

Baines: yes, he's among the best LBs along with Ashley Cole.
Jagielka: no way, maybe as the 4th CB or something.

Sad for Everton especially considering all the chances/woodwork, but it was an open game overall so it could've went either way.

Wish we had got Baines in the summer.

Sounds like Everton wanted too much anyways...but if we could have signed him for £15m it would have been amazing.

Arnie

Wish we had got Baines in the summer.

Sounds like Everton wanted too much anyways...but if we could have signed him for £15m it would have been amazing.

How much is too much, though?

In my opinion he's as prolific a left back in terms of the consistency and quality of his performances, as RVP is up front. Just like RVP I don't think you can underestimate his value to the team, either, and I think it's worth paying the fee.

£25 million? If I were United I'd have paid it. He's the best left back in the league.

GQman2121

Banned
We were fortunate to get anything, let alone, win. Everton we're clearly the better side for longer stretches and in full control for the first half hour.

We need help from United if we're going to make a title push, but these are the wins that can really keep the pressure on.

Arnie

We we're fortunate to get anything, let alone, win. Everton we're clearly the better side for longer stretches and in full control for the first half hour.

Not sure about that, I thought outside of the first 30 minutes Chelsea more than matched Everton. You say that they were in full control, but you had Ross Turnbull in net for the entire second half and I cant think of a tough save he had to make.

Teams play in different ways, and it's clear Chelsea were looking to pounce on the break with players behind the Everton midfield. Thought Chelsea did really well.

Can't believe we pulled that back, absolute daylight robbery if i've ever seen it but you need to win those games if you're going to be up there and we look like we might have a chance of getting back in the mix if we can keep winning.

Cannot let Frank go, that is a man that deserves a 2/3 year contract. Hes always there when you need him, a leader, has adapted his game and with Luiz being able to play in that midfield role I don't see the need for Mikel. We have to be careful of his fitness but if used properly (which Rafa seems to be doing) then he could be the difference.

Ha, the Chelsea fans think they played poorly, Liverpool fans think they played well. Odd situation :D

Anyone else find it slightly surprising that Suarez has never been sent off for us?

Should I be ashamed that I don't know our assistant manager's name?

How much is too much, though?

In my opinion he's as prolific a left back in terms of the consistency and quality of his performances, as RVP is up front. Just like RVP I don't think you can underestimate his value to the team, either, and I think it's worth paying the fee.

£25 million? If I were United I'd have paid it. He's the best left back in the league.
I agree with everything you say apart from that he could be as valuable to us as RVP.

I just don't think LB's are THAT crucial to a team. Don't get me wrong, I think of highly as him as you he's an absolutely immense player...but I don't know if he would have won us points himself, not many points anyway.

I could be wrong though, he does offer loads both in defence and attack.

Arnie

Ha, the Chelsea fans think they played poorly, Liverpool fans think they played well. Odd situation :D

Anyone else find it slightly surprising that Suarez has never been sent off for us?

I don't think they were phenomenal, but they were solid, once Everton ran out of steam on the 30 minute mark. I've seen them play better, but I've seen they play much worse this season. I've seen them outplayed by Reading.

I agree with everything you say apart from that he could be as valuable to us as RVP.

I just don't think LB's are THAT crucial to a team. Don't get me wrong, I think of highly as him as you he's an absolutely immense player...but I don't know if he would have won us points himself, not many points anyway.

I could be wrong though, he does offer loads both in defence and attack.
I don't mean he'll win you as many points as RVP (although he'd undoubtably win a fair few with his attacking nous), but he's as consistent, and as relatively outstanding in his position as RVP is. I'd agree that left backs aren't as crucial, but if you look how well Everton play, and how much goes through Baines, I don't think you can underestimate that sort of asset for your team.

I've done a lot of talking about teams lately, and investing in a player like Baines is what needs to happen in terms of developing a balanced team.

I think it's a great result. Everybody knows what Everton are all about. A win against them is brilliant and it's not like we relied on luck.

Arnie

If Pascoe's ill too, and he sure as hell looked it, send him home.

Someone suggested it on Twitter, but I agree, just stick Carragher in a suit and let him have a crack, the team's already prepared.

Arnie

Norovirus is fucking deadly when it sweeps around hospital wards. Operations and procedures can't go ahead if you've got it because you're shitting yourself too much to make yourself sterile.

Shebby Singh's such a fucking joke.
Good point Robbie.

Wilbur

Banned
Good point Robbie.

He's just... it's impossible to believe what's fucking happened to Blackburn

"One of my favourite managers, Robbie, was 44 days but let's not talk about this Robbie. Listen, Robbie..."

marriage analogy :lol :lol this is fucking hilarious

He's just... it's impossible to believe what's fucking happened to Blackburn

"One of my favourite managers, Robbie, was 44 days but let's not talk about this Robbie. Listen, Robbie..."

marriage analogy :lol :lol this is fucking hilarious

It is honestly like the plot of a comedy football film

Top Bottom