• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many times Parker has had the ball in front of Arsenal's defence and has no idea what to do with it. Only once he played the right ball. That needs addressing.

Clegg

Arsenal were pretty comfortable in that first half. But they have the worst defensive positioning and patterns out of the top Premier League teams. The defenders don't know where their partners are. They don't even know where the opposition is ffs.

Giroud NEEDS to come off at half-time for Oxlade-Chamberlain. gotta exploit that high line with Theo.

Its quite sad watching Giroud play against a high line, completely unable to exploit it because of his lack of pace to get behind consistently, and poor touches when he does get in behind

Arnie

Arsenal were pretty comfortable in that first half. But they have the worst defensive positioning and patterns out of the top Premier League teams. The defenders don't know where their partners are. They don't even know where the opposition is ffs.
The Steve Bould effect.

K1LLER7

Bale was pretty quiet up to the goal.

Both teams defending too high up. Arsenal grab the next goal, they could get back in this. Take Giroud off for Gervinho.

bud

Half time he needs to come off for Podolski and move Cazorla back into the middle.

why put cazorla in the middle when ramsey can play there?
iKtK7XiVSxEiC.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm still bricking it. Arsenal always come back in the second half and we need to be strong and determined.

AVB needs to do something about Ade, I'm not comfortable with him. The booking has made him unsure of when to press.

It's not time to worry yet. If we score next, we have a game on. The actual match doesn't reflect the scoreline. I think we will score.

They've conceded the fewest away goals in the league

Salvadora

Just hard to see you outscoring Spurs by two in the second half, especially as they don't really need to keep a high line. They can just look to counter while sitting on the 2-0 lead.

We've never had a problem scoring against Spurs. It's on.

Randdalf

I'm still bricking it. Arsenal always come back in the second half and we need to be strong and determined.

AVB needs to do something about Ade, I'm not comfortable with him. The booking has made him unsure of when to press.

Take off Adebayor, bring on Holtby, and play Dembele/Parker/Sigurdsson deeper. Don't let Wilshere have space to run through in the middle and force them to play on the wings where they're much less effective.

Clegg

Both of Spurs goals were carbon copies of each other. The defenders keep backing off and then Vermaelen inexplicably steps up and loses Bale. Monrael and Vermaelen lose Lennon and then he scores too. Both goals were created from simple passes that went through an Arsenal defence leaving way too much space.

That's just awful stuff from Arsenal.

bud

the spurs are such a mediocre team. it's only due to arsenal's absolutely comedic defending that they've scored two goals.

this is depressing.

jtb

Banned
I am so sick of Vermaelen. I used to think he was a decent defender, but now I'm convinced he can't do anything right. Christ.

Clegg

They've conceded the fewest away goals in the league
That means the square foot of fuck all. We've seen how bad Arsenals defence is home and away, in Europe and domestically.

You're defence is a shambles. None of the big teams in the Premier League lose their shape as badly as Arsenal. It's like they're not even being coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom