• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

listening to how the commentators spin england's consistently shitty performances into something positive is my favourite part of it all. we're currently "bedding into the match", looool

now there are "glimmers of encouragement going forwards" because we had the ball thirty yards from goal before being easily tackled

phaze

moureturrrrrnedj4n.gif

Amazing.

I see Walcott is being his usual self.

No. I will allow some of the random hate here, but not Baines. Love me some Baines.

Starting to think that he won't be a good England player for as long as managers like Hodgson are in charge. Same goes for Johnson, fullbacks like him and Baines have their weaknesses magnified and strengths nulified in this negative system. How is a fullback to attack if his team can't keep the ball for 5 seconds?

Randdalf

Unfortunately for Lambert, the other players would use his presence as an excuse to hoof it up at every oppurtunity. Gary Hooper won't get a look in until he plays in a semi-decent league. There's no reason players like Milner should be playing instead of Llalana

There is a reason. Milner plays regularly for the 2nd best team in England. Lallana until this year hadn't even played a game in the Premier League and he only played in 2/3 of Soton's games this season.

There is a reason. Milner plays regularly for the 2nd best team in England. Lallana until this year hadn't even played a game in the Premier League and isn't even a regular starter for Southampton, he only played in 2/3 of their games this season.

Counter-argument: Llalana's good, Milner's shite.

Experience is overrated, especially in friendlies which should be used to acclimatise players to the international scene

Question: Why the fuck do England have 2 keepers on the bench? Unless they're just assuming Hart will have to be subbed because of itchy scalp problems so they need another one.

Wes

venison crêpe
The right wing for England has been awful. Johnson terrible at the back. Walcott running into three instead of passing.

L1NETT

By the way, if I wasn't English no fucking way I would watch us.

Only reason I force myself to sit through Hodgeson's snoozball is because I care (a bit).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Question: Why the fuck do England have 2 keepers on the bench? Unless they're just assuming Hart will have to be subbed because of itchy scalp problems so they need another one.

I have no idea. We have injuries but why aren't younger players being called up? Hodgson is just a stick in the mud. No forward thinking at all.

fuenf

The worst thing about the BILD article is the following paragraph:

Als seine Teamkollegen in Berlin ausgelassen vor der Fan-Kurve das Triple feierten, stand Gomez einsam und gedankenverloren im Mittelkreis. So, als gehöre er schon nicht mehr dazu...

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED THERE?

probably Cavani money.
would be sad if he leaves

This sucks regardless of how much money we get (20m?), Dortmund will now fuck us sideways on the Lewa deal. They know we need him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom