• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread U 2013/14 |OT8| 3rd in a 2 team league

Mastadon

Banned
Probably the only Liverpool player to underperform has been Sturridge, who has been somewhat let down by his first touch as others have mentioned. Also a special note for Skrtel, who has gone from player of the year, to hated, worst defender, to once again Liverpool's best defender in this current system.

Sturridge has probably earned himself an off-day!

The Heath Ledger joker avatar makes it so much worse, reminds me of those countless 16 year old boys making terrible joker impersonation videos on youtube and for halloween.

LTWheels

Clocks go back tonight don't they? Looking forward to that extra hour.

Well I'd say that Liverpool half handily solves whether Couthino should start against Arsenal. This midfield three is running rampant against a team that plays actual football and there seems to be no need for changes next week. Henderson is having one of his best games so far for Liverpool, which in turn frees up Lucas and Gerrard to basically do their thing without hindrance.

Happy with Cissokho as well, the space he is being afforded him suits him to a t. Against Newcastle he was always trying to beat 2 defenders, but here he has plenty of space to run into. I still prefer Enrique to Cissokho for Arsenal, but Cissokho clearly has his use against more open teams.

Probably the only Liverpool player to underperform has been Sturridge, who has been somewhat let down by his first touch as others have mentioned. Also a special note for Skrtel, who has gone from player of the year, to hated, worst defender, to once again Liverpool's best defender in this current system.

I really like Henderson behind the strikers. We seem to win the ball back high up the field more often when he's playing there. We press so much better. This also helps to stop counter attacks early.

The question is how do you also fit in Coutinho whilst still playing 2 upfront?

I would probably take off Sturridge towards the end on the match to give Alberto some game time.

bud

BXgrRPYIQAAhKif.jpg:large

jurassicmoyesparkv3oon.gif

confuziz

Banned
Valdés; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano; Fàbregas, Xavi, Busquets; Neymar, Messi, Iniesta

López; Arbeloa, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo; Ramos, Khedira, Modric; Bale, Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo

GorillaJu

Clocks go back tonight don't they? Looking forward to that extra hour.

I really like Henderson behind the strikers. We seem to win the ball back high up the field more often when he's playing there. This also helps to stop counter attacks early.

The question is how do you also fit in Coutinho whilst still playing 2 upfront?

I would probably take off Sturridge towards the end on the match to give Alberto some game time.

I would like to see us play a 4-3-2-1 like Dortmund, personally, with Suarez and Coutinho behind Sturridge, then the same midfield three we're playing now, Lucas in the middle with Gerrard on the right and Henderson on the left.

bud

Valdés; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano; Fàbregas, Xavi, Busquets; Neymar, Messi, Iniesta

López; Arbeloa, Varane, Pepe, Marcelo; Ramos, Khedira, Modric; Bale, Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo

it's so weird that that game takes place this early.

Razor554

Damn. Wanted Puyol-Pique. Hope Maschenaro and Pique dont give any freebies tonight.

Ramos as dm is like smell of a red card. Has he ever played as dm? I know Pepe has, so it seems weird to place Ramos as dm instead

Arnie

God I'm so hyped for the Clasico after this, provided we keep our focus and ensure the win.

United being embarrassed at home is merely icing on an already sumptuous sponge.

Hixx

Not a lot has made me smile this season but Man United getting beat off Stoke at Old Trafford would be pretty fucking great.

Elchele

I would like to see us play a 4-3-2-1 like Dortmund, personally, with Suarez and Coutinho behind Sturridge, then the same midfield three we're playing now, Lucas in the middle with Gerrard on the right and Henderson on the left.

????? Dortmund always plays a 4-2-3-1.

Top Bottom