• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 5 Season 4 - Absolute Doom | Official Season Trailer

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They're killing this game for me. The slower paced, tactical Fortnite of old seems to drift further and further away.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They're killing this game for me. The slower paced, tactical Fortnite of old seems to drift further and further away.
face crying GIF

splattered

Nah they give the "super charged" boost a lot... I've never had a problem completing the battle pass. This one looks good, the last major marvel season they had was a lot of fun.

00_Zer0

This is NOT the same Doom skin that was in the old Marvel battle pass. It's a new design.

I used to give this game a lot of shit, as I used to be more of a Unreal Tournament, or Team Fortress Classic guy back in the day and not much of a multiplayer/GaaS gamer nowadays. Yeah, I know I'm showing my age here, but after my son asked me to play the current season I began to learn the ins and outs of traversal and gun play, and I have actually enjoyed myself. We play dou/no build and I quite enjoy the solo/no build gameplay whenever we don't play together. Then you add in the online player mods/maps and you have plenty of "meat" to this game to be excited about.

I am not one to buy skins, but after watching Deadpool and Wolverine, I'll be damned if it doesn't make me want to splurge and buy their new skins. My son and I met up online Saturday to play the mini event that happened at 2PM EST and although not too exciting it was pretty cool to be online with others when it happened. We met up with a random duo team and didn't shoot each other while the event happened which was a surreal experience. I can't wait till the new season, and was hoping to see some Fantastic 4 skins to be available, but if they show up they never highlighted them in the trailer.

Edit-Just saw your other post Mana, hopefully the Fantastic 4 crew show up early in the next season.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I used to give this game a lot of shit, as I used to be more of a Unreal Tournament, or Team Fortress Classic guy back in the day and not much of a multiplayer/GaaS gamer nowadays. Yeah, I know I'm showing my age here, but after my son asked me to play the current season I began to learn the ins and outs of traversal and gun play, and I have actually enjoyed myself. We play dou/no build and I quite enjoy the solo/no build gameplay whenever we don't play together. Then you add in the online player mods/maps and you have plenty of "meat" to this game to be excited about.

I am not one to buy skins, but after watching Deadpool and Wolverine, I'll be damned if it doesn't make me want to splurge and buy their new skins. My son and I met up online Saturday to play the mini event that happened at 2PM EST and although not too exciting it was pretty cool to be online with others when it happened. We met up with a random duo team and didn't shoot each other while the event happened which was a surreal experience. I can't wait till the new season, and was hoping to see some Fantastic 4 skins to be available, but if they show up they never highlighted them in the trailer.

Edit-Just saw your other post Mana, hopefully the Fantastic 4 crew show up early in the next season.
I have about a total of 800 hours played across PC, consoles, and mobile.

Any of the homies wanna play with me? First time back since 2018. No Build only, I'm not into building Taj Mahal's the second someone tries to blast me.

splattered

Too busy with work at the moment but will jump into this eventually... already grabbed the season pass.

Is there a way to see total lifetime played in this game?

Can anyone tell me how far in to the battle pass that Mysterio skin is? Kinda makes me wanna jump back in for a bit since he's one of my fave Spiderman villains, but if it's all the way at the end I know I'll never get that far...

Codes 208

Do you have to pick up a medallion to get it?
No, its just a rare weapon like the nitro fists from last season

This applies to all of the marvel powers. You can find them in either gold or purple

And i gotta say, in no build mode, all three of war machines powers combined is a scary thing (i won a game already using those, akimbo smg’s and a burst AR)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how far in to the battle pass that Mysterio skin is? Kinda makes me wanna jump back in for a bit since he's one of my fave Spiderman villains, but if it's all the way at the end I know I'll never get that far...
Level 70. I played like 5 games and had only half the knowledge I had from 2018 and gained 5 levels.

Mossybrew

if not for no build mode, i wouldnt be playing at all.
Same. The very first month or two of the game were pretty fun, but it wasn't long before these speed freaks started honing their building skills and it gradually became clear I couldn't compete. Zero Build brought me back to the game.

Codes 208

Same. The very first month or two of the game were pretty fun, but it wasn't long before these speed freaks started honing their building skills and it gradually became clear I couldn't compete. Zero Build brought me back to the game.
It doesnt help that every streamer ever was a fortgod so like watching speedrunners, kids just started learning how to play like coked up cheatahs with unlimited lego supplies

splattered

HOLY FUCK they need to nerf the captain america shield ASAP... if more than one person on a team has it you are totally screwed. You cannot shoot them AT ALL. WTF.

Even when their heads are exposed you cannot head shot them, you cannot shoot their legs/lower body... you should at LEAST be able to target legs for lower damage or something? What a broken piece of shit weapon.

Last edited:

splattered

Ok having the full war machine kit is also insane... group of randos we had one drop out and we still went on to totally demolish people and get the victory as a trio.

Spyxos

Gold Member
HOLY FUCK they need to nerf the captain america shield ASAP... if more than one person on a team has it you are totally screwed. You cannot shoot them AT ALL. WTF.

Even when their heads are exposed you cannot head shot them, you cannot shoot their legs/lower body... you should at LEAST be able to target legs for lower damage or something? What a broken piece of shit weapon.
You can shoot the legs.

MiguelItUp

Ugh, that was the worst. I hated standard fortnite with a passion, if not for no build mode, i wouldnt be playing at all.
Right there with you. Zero Build is why I finally decided to give it a chance, and I'm glad I did.
Yeah, I just could never support the idea. Sure, it's a "unique" mechanic, but I just wasn't a big fan of it, ever.

Someone tell me what the medallions do. Are any of them OP?
Still not really sure what they do and what makes each of them unique. But I can say that they haven't felt OP.

Top Bottom