• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
3DRbr.png
8NDC2.png
Hr8Sr.png

Toppot

I have it now in PS its 100 by 120 but can't get it as low as 50kb, help. should i bring the rez down. Its at 72.

72 is fine, saving it as a png should mean its easily within the size, make sure you aren't saving with layers on or anything, not saving as a psd or tiff etc.

Fur_Q

72 is fine, saving it as a png should mean its easily within the size, make sure you aren't saving with layers on or anything, not saving as a psd or tiff etc.

Have done all of that, just uploaded it anyway I think i remeber EviLore saying the servers would take care of it as long as proportions were right. Hope i'm right.

Clipper

I have it now in PS its 100 by 120 but can't get it as low as 50kb, help. should i bring the rez down. Its at 72.

Good to see you sorted it out, but I thought I'd mention this only seems to be a problem with Photoshop and I think it is because Photoshop includes thumbnails and other optional data in the image by default.

Even a 24-bit colour Bitmap (zero compression) at 100*120 is smaller than 50kB, so Photoshop must be adding some additional information that you are unaware of. Perhaps it can be disabled in the settings?

Toppot

I think my request broke the thread.
It didn't break the thread, I think its just a request that takes more work than the usual crop and/or remove background =P Hair isn't a nice thing to work with, and low quality images like the gif aren't great either. So it won't end up looking so good.

But it only takes a few minutes, really, to do it, so here ya go ;)

lO9pg.png

Izick

It didn't break the thread, I think its just a request that takes more work than the usual crop and/or remove background =P Hair isn't a nice thing to work with, and low quality images like the gif aren't great either. So it won't end up looking so good.

But it only takes a few minutes, really, to do it, so here ya go ;)

lO9pg.png

ibvsaFTVvnaE79.gif

Thank you. You have no idea how awesome you are.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Can someone make me a better version of my avatar from this painting? I want it to be a 100x120, maybe have some better colors than mine (if that's even possible, I'm not sure), and focus on the old man holding the young man, maybe with a better more clear view than my current avatar? Sorry, if this is a lot, and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

G3RmH.jpg

Slizz

Can someone make me a better version of my avatar from this painting? I want it to be a 100x120, maybe have some better colors than mine (if that's even possible, I'm not sure), and focus on the old man holding the young man, maybe with a better more clear view than my current avatar? Sorry, if this is a lot, and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/G3RmH.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

9/10

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4es3j.jpg

Clipper

http://i.imgur.com/G3RmH.jpg
paint8.jpg
paint6.jpg
paint4.jpg
paint10.jpg
paint2.jpg

paint7.jpg
paint5.jpg
paint3.jpg
paint9.jpg
paint1.jpg

With and without borders, but the black hardly shows. Let me know if you like the borders but would prefer a different colour. There's also some other shrinking ratios that would look OK (I used 1*, 1.5* 2*, 3* and 3.5* here for reference).

Edit: Added 1.5* and damn... beaten :p

Boney

Banned
Here ya go ;)

4SaYX.png
PVg2P.png
VXRzj.png
figZd.png
ZVhxt.png

Cute image btw, what game is it from?

Awesome! It's from Gravity Rush/Daze, an upcoming Vita game that's gonna bomb hard and that makes me super sad.

Thanks Toppot, I guess option 3 is the only way to get the most out of the ears no?

Toppot

Awesome! It's from Gravity Rush/Daze, an upcoming Vita game that's gonna bomb hard and that makes me super sad.

Thanks Toppot, I guess option 3 is the only way to get the most out of the ears no?
Ah, that game does look interesting, I just need a Vita xD

No problem =] Probably the best for ears yes, if some clearer artwork comes up then let me know and I'll use that =]

Boney

Banned
Ah, that game does look interesting, I just need a Vita xD

No problem =] Probably the best for ears yes, if some clearer artwork comes up then let me know and I'll use that =]

Yeah I don't have a Vita either, and I'm not getting one anytime soon ;_;

But I'll be on the lookout! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Lanbeast

Could someone take my current avatar and get rid of the white background or give it a thing black border? I'm not sure which will look better.

nExoU.png

T Dollarz

NICE I like it!!! Red looks a little weird with the blue shirt, but if I changed the shirt to red it would be unrecognizable. Can't decide between this and my current avatar now, I'll think about it. But thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom