• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to check that against a dark background / DarkGAF.

If you upload a image bigger than 100x120 it automatically gets resized and loses its transparency in the progress.

Lol that smudge was in the original image XD, oh well the smaller versions works =D, hopefully I'm getting more and more proficient with GIMP before I make my first OT =)
Used the smaller one, looks great, thanks! :3

Just a bit small, but nothing that can't do.
Download GIMP2 and scale down the larger image as well as get rid of the smudge =)

Toppot

Lol that smudge was in the original image XD, oh well the smaller versions works =D, hopefully I'm getting more and more proficient with GIMP before I make my first OT =)

You need to work on transparency. It's best to test it on a coloured background layer in gimp like a bright green. This shows up stray white and black pixels that can be left behind.

TMvVh8K.png

As you can see it looks a bit rough on DarkGAF

Best to cut out the pig then redraw the shadow, ideally with transparency to make it a real shadow. As cleaning up the original shadow would be a lot of work.

YjJrmgw.png
xaUIVkP.png

In DarkGAF:
x0y7COv.png

More practise and you will get there =]

Toppot

Thanks for the tip =D, hopefully Sah will come back and take your pig =) btw imgur the better image storage site? I tried making one with minus but it was forcing an app on me =/

No problem =] I PM'd them so if they read it they should come back and take the pig. Minus is meant to be better but for general use imgur is perfectly fine, i never use minus except when imgur goes down or to test stuff (I just tried it and didn't get any app bombardment bar the banner at the top).

SuperSah

Banned
Woah, thanks Toppot! That looks so much better than i'd of imagined! :D

Great size and it looks really clean, I really appreciate that! Thanks for the tips and tricks too! =)

Also, thank you Samurai for all the effort anyway. Also appreciate that! :D

Toppot

Woah, thanks Toppot! That looks so much better than i'd of imagined! :D

Great size and it looks really clean, I really appreciate that! Thanks for the tips and tricks too! =)

Also, thank you Samurai for all the effort anyway. Also appreciate that! :D

Gah, you're making me blush xD

1uUBGki.png

Glad you like it, I'm always happy to impart wisdom =]

FillerB

Man I love seeing that bunny again.

And minus works fine as long as you stay the hell away from their apps. It has gone downhill remarkably fast this year since they want to focus more on social instead of just hosting my damn images but it does what it should do 99% of the time.

Besides I have way too much shit on there to just migrate.

Toppot

Man I love seeing that bunny again.

And minus works fine as long as you stay the hell away from their apps. It has gone downhill remarkably fast this year since they want to focus more on social instead of just hosting my damn images but it does what it should do 99% of the time.

Besides I have way too much shit on there to just migrate.

Thanks =]. I've been tweaking him a bit every now and then, he's a lot more rounded these days. Still not 100% happy but its a slow evolution.

I agree minus has gone downhill, they are trying to be a pintrest clone. Even imgur is expanding into meme building now. Seems just doing a damn good job hosting images isn't enough anymore.

My account always logs out on imgur so images don't get saved to my account, but I only do avatars really and they are all in folders on my computer.

Toppot

Boy, GAF sure is picky with .png avatars.

All it asks is that you make the .png 100 pixels wide by 120 pixels tall if you want transparency =P (and under 50kb, which is actually hard to not be under) Though the problem is it doesn't warn you and they haven't changed the system to avoid the problem =/

I'll bring it up in the beta thread, maybe something will get done this time.

I tried making a minus account after googling their sign up page and the bottom part of the sign up suppose to be a catcha crap but none that I could see, so opened an imugur for later usage.

Spinluck

Sup Avatar Masters-GAF. I'd like to get Spidey with any of these hats on sorta' scumba steve like style, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I chose multiple hats so just choose the one easiest to work with or suits it best lol.

Transparency would be nice, but I don't really care; depends on whether or not you feel like it.

Anyway, thanks before hand GAF-bros!!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive been fortunate a number of gaffers have helped me mold my avatar over the years, with various things going in and out of the portal. I know its a big ask but if someone could put a Man United bad going through the portal for the forthcoming football season that would be awesome.

Original image

ikDXM8.gif

Flag
manchester-united.jpg

Hoodbury

Hi,

Can someone add some Pikmin to my mountain? I was thinking a pink one flying around it and maybe a blue or red one looking like it's climbing it or on the top if you can extend the sky up a bit. The image is only 100X75, so it does have some room to be a bit taller if it's easy to just extend the sky to make room.

Zermatt.jpg

caramac

Ive been fortunate a number of gaffers have helped me mold my avatar over the years, with various things going in and out of the portal. I know its a big ask but if someone could put a Man United bad going through the portal for the forthcoming football season that would be awesome.

Original image

ikDXM8.gif

Flag
manchester-united.jpg

ibvMDt9LZchjRE.png

FillerB

Hi,

Can someone add some Pikmin to my mountain? I was thinking a pink one flying around it and maybe a blue or red one looking like it's climbing it or on the top if you can extend the sky up a bit. The image is only 100X75, so it does have some room to be a bit taller if it's easy to just extend the sky to make room.

[IMG ]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/swisskdl/Zermatt.jpg[/IMG]

Kept it simple.

idTOV8mMgpNm5.png
idbCV0j7En1uo.png

caramac

Sup Avatar Masters-GAF. I'd like to get Spidey with any of these hats on sorta' scumba steve like style, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I chose multiple hats so just choose the one easiest to work with or suits it best lol.

Transparency would be nice, but I don't really care; depends on whether or not you feel like it.

Anyway, thanks before hand GAF-bros!!

igvI8cSG6dbce.png
ihgkaxqal2yRR.png
iyEPplSbXVr1C.png

Amikami

Banned
I have zero paint skills and I don't know how to do it without making it look horrible.

Is it possible for someone to take my current avatar and place this guy at the bottom.
Sxj8S3FlIC

Would really appreciate that.

FillerB

I have zero paint skills and I don't know how to do it without making it look horrible.

Is it possible for someone to take my current avatar and place this guy at the bottom.
ZwDR1dBHqI73Faqfq8K2HaO_LrF44bqxP3LpBH3KoIE

Would really appreciate that.

(Edited the link to show the image)

Just the pikmin or including the tomato?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom