• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Yoritomo

Redbeard said:
bear in mind the first 2 are turn 10 bullshots - they still look worse than in-game gt5p (a 2 year old demo)

Yeah they should add some aliasing in there, it'd make it look better.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
FortunateSon said:
My bad then. Sorry. I've always seen you as a cool guy just that you come off a bit on the Forza side.
That people have to be on one side or another baffles me, but then again I guess that's the reason this thread was created.

-viper- said:
It's a gameplay shot. You can't pause or restart for that matter during a replay.
There's still one other possibility everyone seems to forget - debug mode/dev tools allow any shot to be taken anywhere in any mode, and we'd never know. Just to throw more fodder into the mess.

jett

D-Member
danwarb said:
Everything is turned up well beyond what we'll see in the game.

GT5P(closing in on being two-years old)
11ao6.jpg

Ferrari 458 tribute
vukxy.jpg

It's mostly just the AA that's been turned up.

ypo

jett said:
it wouldn't matter as all gameplay cameras run at 60fps during replays.

Yep, a point those who haven't played it wouldn't know. It's obvious some are pretending to have played GT5:p or even the demo. Whoops.

So remember now. 60 fps during replay from your normal in game views.

XiaNaphryz

beast786 said:
I was so close on getting the force dynamic. But the fact it doesnt support a Big HDTV with it made it not worth all the money.
I'm sure you can modify it to work with a triple monitor setup instead!

ypo

Redbeard said:
Forza 3 the dream

2cyi1ed.jpg

2a85je8.jpg

Forza 3 the reality

vlcsnap-2009-09-11-07h41m19s166.jpg

vlcsnap-2009-09-11-07h41m27s246.jpg

As was stated earlier - in-game models are worlds apart from the bullshot models

The video where those last 2 shots were taken from were very underwhelming, but you'd never know reading comments from that thread. :lol

XiaNaphryz

ypo said:
The video where those last 2 shots were taken from were very underwhelming, but you'd never know reading comments from that thread. :lol
Video encoding concerns have no place here, don't you know?

-viper- said:
meh. CRASH TEAM RACING > ALL.
Until I see someone playing it on a similar rig that will also make your seat hop when your kart hops, not a chance!

beast786

XiaNaphryz said:
I'm sure you can modify it to work with a triple monitor setup instead!

Yep. I have seen that setup. But still 20K + for small screen even though with right and left. I dont know.

Redbeard

Banned
LordPhoque said:
More like "Forza 3 the bad compression". Also, there's direct feed 720p video for this, looks much better.

Compression doesn't account for the crappy in-game models

Forza 3's just not that impressive outside of photoshopped bullshots

2zrnubr.gif

That looks like Forza 2 to me

imtehman

Banned
Redbeard said:
Forza 3 the dream

Forza 3 the reality

As was stated earlier - in-game models are worlds apart from the bullshot models

you know how easy it is to do what you're doing?

edit:beaten holy shit that was fast

Recoil

Redbeard said:
Forza 3 the dream

http://i26.tinypic.com/2cyi1ed.jpg
[img]http://i32.tinypic.com/2a85je8.jpg

Forza 3 the reality

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/Forza%203/vlcsnap-2009-09-11-07h41m19s166.jpg
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/Forza%203/vlcsnap-2009-09-11-07h41m27s246.jpg

As was stated earlier - in-game models are worlds apart from the bullshot models[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wow. Just wow.

How long have you been videogame forum'ing, now? Because I have for about a decade, and I can tell you that you clearly don't know the first thing about videogame development, bullshots, screenshots, and vidcaps.

Either that, or you're displaying the most insane example of cognitive dissonance I have ever seen.

edit: Oh, right. And this:

[url]http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm?=1549#/video/1549/[/url]

jaypah

looking back through history, i'm starting to think that ypo and redbeard are serious. Jesus has a right to weep.

edit* wait....is everyone being serious?

ypo

XiaNaphryz said:
Video encoding concerns have no place here, don't you know?

Compression doesn't hide the goofy looking model, sterile landscape and underwhelming lighting. And the video was released by a Turn 10 employee who just happens to love posting bullshots but zero real-time shots even though he has the game and been taking screenshots all day long. Kind of funny.

jett said:
Hey, at least one of these two developers has the balls to release real screenshots. :p

:lol I would love to see a real-time 1080P shot of Forza 3.

:lol :lol :lol

Can we see a real-time 1080P Forza 3 shot with 2xAA shinn? Pretty please?

KHarvey16

ypo said:
Compression doesn't hide the goofy looking model, sterile landscape and underwhelming lighting. And the video was released by a Turn 10 employee who just happens to love posting bullshots but zero real-time shots even though he has the game and been taking screenshots all day long. Kind of funny.

Check out his twitter. That site is even limited to a set number of characters, perfect for the lower functioning members of the thread!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
elrechazao said:
I forgot that 98% of this forum thinks that term refers to comic book characters.
I think most understand it's the ink blot tests...But it doesn't work as well with the cheese puns then.:lol

An occasional thread like this is quite enjoyable to read through here and there :lol

skyfinch

ypo said:

Sterile landscape? It's a freaking desert track. Were you expecting palm trees and pretty flowers?

skyfinch said:
Sterile landscape? It's a freaking desert track. Were you expecting palm trees and pretty flowers?

GT makes the desert flower, confirmed.

Can we get some irrational forza fans to counterbalance ypo and redbeard? they're coming on strong and we need some mirror image clown shoe wearing fanboys to match up with them.

ypo said:
There're some breathtaking deserts out there. The one in Forza just looks bland.

GT makes the desert flower, confirmed again.

ypo

skyfinch said:

There're some breathtaking deserts out there. The one in Forza just looks bland.

XiaNaphryz

elrechazao said:
GT makes the desert flower, confirmed.

Can we get some irrational forza fans to counterbalance ypo and redbeard? they're coming on strong and we need some mirror image clown shoe wearing fanboys to match up with them.
Well, the obvious choice already got banned. I can't think of anyone else to fit the mold. :lol

ShapeGSX

Redbeard said:
Compression doesn't account for the crappy in-game models

Forza 3's just not that impressive outside of photoshopped bullshots

2zrnubr.gif

That looks like Forza 2 to me

Well, we know it can't be GT. The car leaves tire marks. :D

m0dus

Banned
ypo said:

Um, actually, big honking nasty pixels and jpeg color bands DO mess up pretty much everything you are talking about. You can see a 'goofy looking model' underneath all them big squares? :lol. As far as 'sterile' landscapes go, you may have to accept the fact that both games will occasionally have some less than exciting segments of each track; not every turn can have rocketships and rollercoasters raping your eyeballs ;)

Top Bottom