• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Rocketz

Any other sheltered north Americans who have benefited from having every major racing game tailored to them finding it difficult to get used to driving on the other side of the road?

Yes and my fiance made fun of me when she watched me play the demo as I would run head on into cars.

sTiTcH AU

Can't say I am enjoying any of these drift PR stunts. Seems to always be full of cars and considering it's difficult to get the 3 star score to start with, all the traffic is making it damn near impossible for me. Have tried many different ones and not completed a single one yet.

Some of the jump PR stunts are also insane, I can get the distance but cant stop cars from rolling mid air and failing. Im going to have to give up on these PR stunts for a while as they are really draining my enjoyment at the moment.

Everything else about this game so far is fantastic.

zorbsie

Great racing with fellow gaffers tonight. Had an absolute blast, even though I was level shamed. :) Thanks for coming out guys!

Shortt I'm totally down for some online around 7ish tomorrow if you're still around.

eek5

There is something really special about taking jumps from inside cockpit view. I feel so blind just looking at the sky lmao

Ibuki

Banned
This might be a dumb question (or already answered) but here it goes.

Do I have to 'purchase' each DLC car one by one? There isn't a way to redeem them all?

Potentially dumb question: I can delete the FH3 demo from my Xbox now, right? There was nothing tied to Forza Rewards or anything to unlock in the demo that carries over to the full game, correct?

ElNino

Is there any way to verify what codes have been redeemed on my account. I picked up my physical Ultimate Edition today and entered the code in the box for the Ultimate bundle as well as the two pre-order codes (Hellcat and GTB). The two pre-order cars show up in my install page and I can see them as purchased in the game, but none of the Ultimate bundle items are there. No VIP, no car pass, no car pack (not sure if this is even out yet).

The game is fantastic otherwise.

terrible

Banned
There is something really special about taking jumps from inside cockpit view. I feel so blind just looking at the sky lmao

Lol if you're going nose up after every jump you can simply apply some braking before jumping to transfer your cars weight forward a bit to fix it. That is unless you actually prefer looking at the sky!

TMC

Has anyone had the issue where they redeemed ultimate edition content, but it didn't download in game? This is for the Xbox one version. I redeemed it on my PC and I see it in 'My Games' on XBL via my PC. I can't find it anywhere on my Xbox one. I went to the DLC in the store and it showed prices so it doesn't seem to recognize that I own it. No idea what to do. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Ibuki

Banned
Has anyone had the issue where they redeemed ultimate edition content, but it didn't download in game? This is for the Xbox one version. I redeemed it on my PC and I see it in 'My Games' on XBL via my PC. I can't find it anywhere on my Xbox one. I went to the DLC in the store and it showed prices so it doesn't seem to recognize that I own it. No idea what to do. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

You should be able to press menu when the game is selected, and click 'Manage Game'.

In that screen there should be a ready to install section with your DLC.

eek5

Lol if you're going nose up after every jump you can simply apply some braking before jumping to transfer your cars weight forward a bit to fix it. That is unless you actually prefer looking at the sky!

Lol.. not sure why I didn't think of that. I'll try out

Just tested it. I redeemed my code on PC as well. Went to Xbox store found Horizon Ultimate and it had [Manage Game] button instead of the price and I went in and there were 4 things ready to install.

Nipicks/Suggestions:

* Roads should have names. Its been a pet peeve of the series for me from the beginning, but it would make me feel more at home, and better able to navigate the open world and share stories if roads and trails could be identified. Road signage is impossible to read while driving.

* Would be nice to see a layout of the race route when loading an event or creating a blueprint. You could at least take a mental note of the long straights and tight bends before the finish line.

* Give me a way to tell Anna to STFU. She's nice and helpful for those who want some direction, but for open world explorers like myself she's just annoying because I have to tell her NO all the time. I thought switching the HUD to minimap only, sans Anna, would help, but she still pipes in from time to time.

* PLEASE keep the music going when in the menus. Brings the rhythm to a standstill to go through options and perk selection in complete silence.

These are just nitpicks. This game is love and artistry and speed and joy and technical excellence.

terrible

Banned
^_^
wKytCm4.gif

Guts. Glory. RAM.

Sydle

I'm a little crushed not being able to maintain 60fps on a 1070 with 16GB of RAM at 1080p with ultra settings. Also the VIP stuff isn't working.

I may switch over to Xbone for a while. : /

All that aside, the game feels as good as ever and it's beautiful.

Nipicks/Suggestions:

* Roads should have names. Its been a pet peeve of the series for me from the beginning, but it would make me feel more at home, and better able to navigate the open world and share stories if roads and trails could be identified. Road signage is impossible to read while driving.

* Would be nice to see a layout of the race route when loading an event or creating a blueprint. You could at least take a mental note of the long straights and tight bends before the finish line.

* Give me a way to tell Anna to STFU. She's nice and helpful for those who want some direction, but for open world explorers like myself she's just annoying because I have to tell her NO all the time. I thought switching the HUD to minimap only, sans Anna, would help, but she still pipes in from time to time.

* PLEASE keep the music going when in the menus. Brings the rhythm to a standstill to go through options and perk selection in complete silence.

These are just nitpicks. This game is love and artistry and speed and joy and technical excellence.

My early nitpicks would be:

- It's not always easy to tell what small trees/shrubs/objects you can safely run over and which ones will stop you in your tracks. The previous Horizons made it pretty obvious, but I'm running into a lot more stuff. It may just be that this game simply has more landscape than the previous two.

- The checkpoint banners aren't nearly as noticeable as FH2's red smoke plumes. I get that having smoke plumes coming out of checkpoints that are partially submerged in water wouldn't work, though.

ElNino

Must be nice. Mine shows ready to install but I get an error on XB1.
I don't even see the Warthog in ready to install, but I've redeemed the code.

You should be able to press menu when the game is selected, and click 'Manage Game'.

In that screen there should be a ready to install section with your DLC.
In my FH3 Manage Game screen, I have ready to install items for the two pre-order cars I got from EB, but no VIP/Car Pass/Car Pack/Warthog.

Just tested it. I redeemed my code on PC as well. Went to Xbox store found Horizon Ultimate and it had [Manage Game] button instead of the price and I went in and there were 4 things ready to install.
Weird, doesn't work for me at all. Really frustrating.

Grassy

Any other sheltered north Americans who have benefited from having every major racing game tailored to them finding it difficult to get used to driving on the other side of the road?

Hah I'm Australian and I keep driving on the right-hand side of the road because I've been so used to it in Forza Horizon/2 etc...

terrible

Banned

After playing the FH3 demo a ton it took me ages to get used to driving on the right side of the road again when I started playing some FH1.

Nipicks/Suggestions:

Pause button. Settings. Audio. GPS Voice off.
Job done, thank god!

Man, I love the little trivia facts if you let the controller sit while looking at a car before getting in it. The Koenigseggs fact was pretty great - hearing about the fastest speeding ticket in US history at 242mph, 167mph over the limit was awesome.

Man, I love the little trivia facts if you let the controller sit while looking at a car before getting in it. The Koenigseggs fact was pretty great - hearing about the fastest speeding ticket in US history at 242mph, 167mph over the limit was awesome.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread and glad it's been mentioned again, it's a really neat little feature. I'm not really a petrol head/car fan so having little nuggets of info about manufacturers, origins and trivia is really cool.

Shylock

Must be nice. Mine shows ready to install but I get an error on XB1.

I was unable to install it from my games and apps, but when I selected it, then hit the option for view in store, I was able to get it to install using the install button in the store. The warthog then showed up in my game. Don't know if that would help you.

RedStep

Can anybody that bought the physical Ultimate Edition confirm that the Ultimate Addons pack (VIP Pass, Car Pass, etc) show up in Manage Game? I redeemed mine at about 2pm but it never downloaded. When I contacted chat (which took over an hour), I got:

Xbox Support said:
I was able to check your code and I can see here that you have successfully redeemed the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle on your account.
The reason why you are not able to download it yet because it will be available on : Release Date
Sep 27, 2016 0:00:00 UTC

I tried to send them the Xbox Wire article on the early release, etc but it went nowhere.

Xbox Support said:
ULTIMATE EDITION OWNERS WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS TO THE GAME ON 23/9/16. It means that you should be able to access the Early access to the game and your add-ons included on the bundle will work on the release date.

I think that's nonsense, hoping somebody can confirm. Thanks!

So I can't redeem the new messaged code for the preorder bonus vehicle.

But the bigger issue is I also noticed that the 10mb file I downloaded when I redeemed my warthog code is just gone now on my xb1. Totally disappeared which seems just weird to me. I hope that gets sorted soon because I really wanna drive that thing lol
Same here.

ElNino

Can anybody that bought the physical Ultimate Edition confirm that the Ultimate Addons pack (VIP Pass, Car Pass, etc) show up in Manage Game? I redeemed mine at about 2pm but it never downloaded. When I contacted chat (which took over an hour), I got:

I think that's nonsense, hoping somebody can confirm. Thanks!
Hmm, agreed it's nonsense and it's the same thing for me. Code is redeemed but doesn't appear anywhere. I guess I'll hold off any more wheel spins until it is resolved.

I installed the game on my "Home" Xbox One (which is in the basement where the kids play normally) and it did show my Warthog so that seems to work now at least.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm hungover as fuck. But the positive is that I now have a very good excuse to not move my ass from the sofa all day and play horizon 3.

Any PC players figured out how to get the warthog? I redeemed the code a few days back but it's not in game? All my VIP and PreOrder cards were there under dlc. I don't have my Xbox One anymore to try that route either sadly.

Top Bottom