• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor | Forza Horizon 5 Is Coming to PlayStation 5 Soon; There Are No Active Plans for Starfield Yet

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GT7 is a special game and I encourage anyone who drives daily to play it, the amazing car history, the dualsense, the improved menus

gran_turismo_7_menu_book_1.jpg

I don't know anything behind Forza, so much is said about it's gameplay and xbox players support for it.

Pimpbaa

GT7 is a special game and I encourage anyone who drives daily to play it, the amazing car history, the dualsense, the improved menus

I don't know anything behind Forza, so much is said about it's gameplay and xbox players support for it.

You can’t compare Forza Horizon 5 to GT7. The horizon series has always been more arcade side of the simcade genre when compared to Forza Motorsport (Which is the series you compare GT to) plus it’s an open world game. It’s more comparable to the crew or the more recent test drive games. Although I consider the Forza Horizon series much better than those.

peish

What’s with the cling on to starfield? It’s not like some brilliant once/twice a generation game. Lolz hype that exclusive phil still

FH5 is the only game that makes sense.

Release it while its still hot. 2 years later a new one would be launching.

Starfield still is being worked on heavily so I suppose that team doesn’t want more ports. It should come in a couple of years would be my guess.

Like it has anything to do with balls lol.
Its a business decision. Makes sense to do it. Good for customers too.

Sony is also doing it.

Its just avoiding Xbox for now cause it still wants to play exclusivity card and make its system look like it still has exclusives.

Their fanbase is getting fooled by this. Dumb bunch really.

Chukhopops

If it’s true then make sure to buy the Rally DLC. Literally better than full priced games and an absolute graphical showcase.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
FH is MS gem and all Sony needs since they don't have a decent arcade race.
They don’t “need” it. It’s one of those “nice to have, but fine without” situations. Xbox needs it exclusively MUCH more, but they shit their own bed and need Sony’s for support.

Roxkis_ii

I might actually double dip on this game. Its probably the most optimized game I play on PC. If it's like $30, I'm in there like swimware.

Bond007

Played it and didn't like it. Just cant stand open world racers- the novelty wore off quick. Nor do i like the theming of these dumb ass automotive festivals lol
I love Forza Motorsports however- but the last one was a massive disappointment.

That being said- Im already firmly on Gran Turismo and have no need for any Forza. There was a time where i juggled the two series- but with Motorsports being such a weak entry, that's no longer the case.

To me Gran Turismo Sport was a weak entry and it opened a path for me to love Forza on XBOX. Now GT7 has the reigns back

Last edited:

Rudius

VR by itself gives the victory to GT7, but Forza Horizon 5 will be nice on PS5.

DJ12

Instantly the best racer on PS5.
Jesus crist, not even close. Maybe if you caveated that by saying best arcade racer.

And even then aside from the frankly stupid upgrade system, I find the crew motorfest a better game than FH5 which is just derivative shit.

FH3 is great, fh4 added some new things and the map was interesting, fh5 is easily the worst of the lot, and I put far less time into it than any of the others.

And let's not get into the mouth breathers that play online.

Couldn't find the settings to stop people talking to me quick enough.

Last edited:
Jesus crist, not even close. Maybe if you caveated that by saying best arcade racer.

And even then aside from the frankly stupid upgrade system, I find the crew motorfest a better game than FH5 which is just derivative shit.

FH3 is great, fh4 added some new things and the map was interesting, fh5 is easily the worst of the lot, and I put far less time into it than any of the others.

And let's not get into the mouth breathers that play online.

Couldn't find the settings to stop people talking to me quick enough.
Forza Horizon 5's rear-wheel drive, tire traction, off-road mechanics, and user generated tracks in Eventlab are far ahead of the previous installments. To say it is completely worse than everything before it is dishonest. I do think the overall map is a downgrade, the music selection is weak, and the cars list is a bit too modern with excess electric cars. However, it still has plenty to offer that is not available in previous games.

P.S. I hope it stays off PlayStation because I worry that integration could screw up legacy content compatibility.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Why the hell is everyone begging for Starfield? People here were shitting on it endlessly last year.
As someone who loves the Crackdown series, Recore and State of Decay series......

Everyone doesnt have the same tastes. Its a wild concept, I know.

And probably like what happened with Recore....updates might make Starfield a better game for some ppl. Not gonna lie, I stopped playing after an hour.

The audio, music is nice tho.

SkylineRKR

I played Forza Horizon 5 on XSS when it launched on GP way back. Its really good. Playstation has nothing like it, The Crew Motorfest feels like a budget version of it to me, but YMMV.

No plans for Starfield especially with new dlc and QOL improvements is pretty dumb on Microsoft’s part if true
Who knows the long game they are playing with this new multiplat strategy. Maybe the logic is to wait another year to force more sales on Xbox/PC. Or maybe it just is taking BGS longer to port Starfield to PS5 and 2024 was never really in the cards, who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Why the hell is everyone begging for Starfield? People here were shitting on it endlessly last year.
Because it's the big new BGS release which only happen like once every 5-6 years, and despite the complaints millions of people on PS will buy it and enjoy it.

Fess

I am glad MS has the balls to break the stupid exclusivity paradigm.
Balls? They’re copying Sony on their late PC ports. Timed exclusivity and a weird idea that they can lure over people to their platform through late ports near releases of new exclusive sequels. FH6 should arrive soon.

welshrat

I would buy this on ps5. I have GT for simulator but horizon was one of the only games I really enjoyed on my series x so I think this could do well.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

That would be pretty big but without PSVR2 support it will play second fiddle to Turismo.

Going to be weird seeing lads with a GT7 and Forza platinum in their list.

I’m sure all PSVR2 owners would agree with you.
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Forza Horizon is different to GT though. VR would be wild, but there’s nothing out there quite like it, so racing fans in general should be glad.

Top Bottom