• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Touring Car Championship: Nov 3rd - 25th

n4ti7c.jpg

WELCOME! to the Forza Touring Car Championship, an online racing league run and managed by myself, a big sim racer fan. The aim of this championship is to run a series of team based races over the weekend of november using a mix of knockout and championship scoreboard tables as well as a strict set of rules enforced on horsepower, car class and drive terrain.

Basic race day information:
--------
Races are only held on weekends, this is the best time for most people to get online and for myself to be there and record the events.

Each race involves 6 cars and 1-2 "officials" who always start at the back of the grid, officials will sit off the track out of the way and record all the races for replays and scoreboard correcting, these replays will be captured and hopefully youtube'd for the spectators of the championship.

Teams are made up of as many people as you like, but only two can race at a time, all team cars must also have matching paint jobs to keep things tidy and makes replays interesting to watch.

If a team member does not show up for a race, you may drive alone in your team but remember that you are only going to get one car's worth of points for the leaderboard.
--------

The championship begins in November to alow time for car tuning, painting and to also learn the new upcoming forza 2 track pack this coming friday, hopefully these tracks will also be used along the championship. There will be prizes for the winning teams and leaderboard winners on the 25th that should be worth your time :)

To register your team please reply below before the 31st October, you may edit your post at any time to update team information like name and who will be driving for your team. Please copy and paste this text below to make things easier. ALL TIMES WILL BE GMT +0

--------
- Forza Touring Car Championship registration -
Team Name:
Driver Names:
Prefered Race Day: (sat / sat)
Region you live in: Example. UK or America
--------

Below you will see a list of spec rules that are enforced in Forza Motorsport, if your car does not match these spec limits the car will not show when you enter the lobby and you will have to forfit. All settings have been tried and tested for maximum fun and pleasure! There may be slight updates between now and the final week of registery.

--------
P.I <751 (A)
Engine power 200-300bhp min/maximum
FWD terrain, engine placement can vary
NO ASSISTS
Full simulation
10 Lap races (less for tracks that are more then 2mins in lengh)
Grid order is balanced by P.I rating, officials will be in 600 P.I cars
--------

Race rubbing is allowed but keep it inside a sporting manner, stupid driving will result in point penalties (example, spinning 1st place out forcefully)

There are two races back to back in each wave you attend, please remember this when working out time you need to make to race.

Final notes - This is a fan created championship by a fan, all costs in prizes are out of my own pocket. This event is something that has always been in planning stages since the early days of Forza 1 but never got underway due to bad multiplayer options. This post will be updated on a regular basis.

53wd2c.jpg

chespace said:
If you'd like, I can officially create this tournament for you on the servers so you have brackets and rounds scheduled on Xbox Live, as well as the ability for others to watch it as it will be saved for a week or more under the "featured races" area of Forza TV.

Let me know.
Come on racing fans!

Joates

Banned
- Forza Touring Car Championship registration -

Team Name: Team Joates (Subject to change)
Driver Names: Joates
Prefered Race Day: (sat / sat) Either
Region you live in: Example. UK or America

Well, I guess Im registered. Ill look for a teammate, or go as a free agent (not that anyone would want me).

Oh but the car restrictions make me a little sick, but I guess Ill make do :lol

Edit: Also, we (you) might want to think about being a little more restrictive in car choices.

And do we have to keep the same car throughout the tourney? I think it would make things better and more interesting if we did. Im more a fan of the "everyone in the same car" idea, and let them go to town doing whatever they want tuning/upgrading wise, while staying within the specified PI, HP, weight, etc restrictions...

Well under the restrictions the car choices end up being fairly slim, but it can change.

Tho if theres not enough people signing up between here and the FM.net forums to even get a race going, it's going to be delayed longer :(

I'm in a rush (at home) so will get back to you.

Xirj

What happened with this? I just picked up Forza 2 again (god I see the light after playing the wreck that is PGR4) and want to get into some deep racing.

Top Bottom