• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Found some really nice deals at GameRush

I found a couple of really nice deals going on at GameRush, I'm not sure if this applies to Blockbuster as well but its a pretty good bet. Has anyone ever used one of the old Capcom Street Fighter controllers? Its part of this deal.

You can Trade in any controller, memory card or remote (PS2, XBOX or GCUBE brand only) and receive an additional 50% trade credit. Thats pretty good as accessories you usually get nothing for them.

Buy any used game and get 50% off the 2nd

And also, they have the Street Fighter controllers for $24.99

Lastly I know alot of the other gaming stores are all doing midnight Halo 2 events but GameRush is giving you a $200 coupon book for coming to thiers. :D

I'll see if I can dig up any more.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I heard if you pick up Halo2 at midnight-2 am on the release night, you can get 25% off on any game in the store. Or something like that...

gamerush is hot shit, and anyone who disagrees doesn't have a gamerush in their area.

i preordered 4 games (paper mario, GTA:SA, halo 2 special edition and mortal kombat Deception kollectors edition), bought 1 game (midway arcade collection 2), got a gamer pass (month of rentals on games) and a new xbox controller for appox. $40 out of pocket money.

enjoy it while it lasts my friends, gamerush can't keep these sweet deals going forever!

I'm sorry, but every deal that Gamerush has going this month is absolute ass compared to anything they've run before it. Trade 2, get 50% off hot games of 2004? Only if you considered GameDay and Van Helsing "hot".
The accessory deal will net you an extra 50% credit on stuff that normally gets you $1-2. Not much of a deal there.
The used game deal is a standard fare for them, but admittedly nice when trying to build up trading fodder for their better deals.
The Street Fighter controllers are most excellent because they incorporate 6 face buttons and a controller s style d-pad onto a PS2 controller. But you can find these for $20 elsewhere.

The only worthwhile deal going on at Gamerush right now is the extra $5 credit if you trade more than 3 games at a time.

Oh, and I forgot, the game list for "hot games of 2004" varies by area, but most will be stuck with ass for selection. I believe the entirety of L.A., however, has the entire stock of games in the Gamerush's applicable.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Psi Ops and Riddick are part of the selection here :)

If you have cheap DVD's to unload, now is the time. Minimum $8 in credit.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the hell? MINIMUM $8 credit for any dvd?? and the credit can be used @ gamerush?

yes...here at least. Apparently Blockbuster is getting in the used business. I got 4 new games the other night because I had a bag of crap waiting for a deal like this.

Money wise...I think it's actually worth it for me to use a GStop discount to buy a shitload of their cheap DVDs and take them there before the holiday rush.

Bah, all the game rushes in my area are in Fuckin Staten Island...and there is no damn way im takin 53953 trains and a Ferry to get there.

peace

Matlock

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the hell? MINIMUM $8 credit for any dvd?? and the credit can be used @ gamerush?

I'm shocked and awed, myself. $22 at Wal-Mart could turn into $32 at Blockbuster/GameRush.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
yea, given the right place to buy DVDs, this deal would probably be superior to Toys R Us dollar wise. I'm thinking of investing a hundred bucks in DVDs for this purpose.

Musashi Wins! said:
Psi Ops and Riddick are part of the selection here :)

If you have cheap DVD's to unload, now is the time. Minimum $8 in credit.

Psy Ops and Riddick are the saving graces of that list, but they are only part of the deal as alternates if all the games on the main list are sold out. Like raincheck offerings. Either that or if you have a really nice store manager at your Gamerush.

The $8 DVD thing is most excellent and is valid at all Blockbusters, not just Gamerushes.

keeblerdrow said:
The $8 DVD thing is most excellent and is valid at all Blockbusters, not just Gamerushes.

How do you know this? I got plenty of old dvds to trade along with a bunch of blockbusters but no gamerush.

EDIT: Just called my nearest BB, and they don't even buy dvds. :/

B'z-chan

Banned
Matlock said:
I'm shocked and awed, myself. $22 at Wal-Mart could turn into $32 at Blockbuster/GameRush.

Just make sure they are noticable movies, no namers wont get you anywhere.

I was just at my gamerush pissed me off cause they just switched to the new games of 2004 deal which pissed me off cause i wanted to preorder some stuff. What a stupid offer.... Argh so yeah and the manager said that the trade 2 for 29.99 deal was suppost to last till the end of NOvember. I guess not.

Top Bottom