• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE copy of Marvin's Mittens for all GAF members! Believe...in magic!

Very curious about your concept. I always find it ballsy to go against the flow and propose something without death or other staples of gameplay. Will be a nice change of pace from Hotline Miami I'm sure !

Did my greenlight part as well in thanks :)

Mr_Elysia

What a kind gesture. Much like with Feep though I hope this endeavor doesn't end up costing you a couple thousand sales. You did do the work after all and deserve to be compensated for your time and ideas. I just wonder if maybe there isn't a better way for indie devs to show appreciation without robbing themselves. I know 50% off coupons are harder to generate than game keys. I am also aware that, yes, some of it is for publicity and to get the game greenlit but I'm hoping that the people that have given it an upvote would have done so without having to have been given the game for free.

In any case! The game looks nice and I will purchase a few copies when it hits steam. Or some other platform if that doesn't look like it will come to fruition. Best of luck and thank you for your generosity.

Heyyyyy guys!

I already voted for your game on Greenlight last week, but I have a question for you:

If Marvin's Mittens gets his Greenlight (and it will), do you think it could be possible for you to send Steam Key instead of Desura Key?

Hard to say, but I highly doubt we'd be able to do this again but with Steam keys.

Thanks a bunch!!
...though I am just curious, if the offer is limited give the key to someone else.

Sure you can just take your code and re-gift it if you want :) I can even provide you guys with a little template for gifting! We're making little gift cards for the codes and the look pretty 'n' stuff. I'll provide that later!

What a kind gesture. Much like with Feep though I hope this endeavor doesn't end up costing you a couple thousand sales. You did do the work after all and deserve to be compensated for your time and ideas. I just wonder if maybe there isn't a better way for indie devs to show appreciation without robbing themselves. I know 50% off coupons are harder to generate than game keys. I am also aware that, yes, some of it is for publicity and to get the game greenlit but I'm hoping that the people that have given it an upvote would have done so without having to have been given the game for free.

In any case! The game looks nice and I will purchase a few copies when it hits steam. Or some other platform if that doesn't look like it will come to fruition. Best of luck and thank you for your generosity.

Thing is we don't see this as robbing ourselves. Sure it's a promotion of sorts but I do genuinely want to thank GAF for a lot of stuff. Plus, if people are really so inclinced they can always come back and donate or buy a copy or something. We're not sweating it :) Thanks for the support!

Althane

Thing is we don't see this as robbing ourselves. Sure it's a promotion of sorts but I do genuinely want to thank GAF for a lot of stuff. Plus, if people are really so inclinced they can always come back and donate or buy a copy or something. We're not sweating it :) Thanks for the support!

The way I see it, a free game is basically a demo that answers the question "Do these developers deserve some of my hard earned monies?".

And if they do, I have no problem buying another copy for friends. Hey, that's what Christmas is for, neh?

Feep

Banned

This isn't really the way to think about it. I definitely was better off, business-wise, for doing the giveaway. And if this game gets through Greenlight, the same will be true.

Top Bottom