• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck you EA, so I have an emulated CD-drive, let me run The Sims 2

goodcow

I didn't even realize I had an emulated CD drive, but I do... some VOBID CD Drive. And no, I don't have Alcohol installed.

EDIT: It's apparently for Pinnacle Instant Copy, which itself is a legal product because it doesn't break DVD copy protection.

But yeah, why the fuck should it matter if I have an emulated CD drive? If I had an emulated CD drive for nefarious purposes, I'd have just pirated the game. I on the other hand, bought the game legally, just let me run the god damn thing. I should return this to the store now and just pirate it.

Vark

Its funny, because Doom 3 did that to me when i had clonCD installed (but not running).

I do however have Daemon Tools installed and running (i ripped all my pc cd's a while ago so i don't need to hunt them down) and nothings ever told me it won't run because of it.

goodcow

Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?

I uninstalled Pinnacle and its fake CD Drive, and it still doesn't work. EA's non-toll free customer support line just says all agents are busy and hangs up.

Neo_ZX

Wow that's BS. I have Alcohol w/ Virtual drive and CloneCD (not elaborate bytes) and Doom 3 didn't give any probs.

B'z-chan

Banned
Burger said:
download the friggen crack.

Whats the sense in putting discs in damnit? Its fucking annoying. Do what Burger said and you should be ok.

Oh and side question: WHY THE FUCK did you GET THE CD version of SIMs 2?

Top Bottom