• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futuridium EP Deluxe |OT| Una "MixedBag" di Idee Semplici Ma Sofisticate

Will this expanded version be released on PC? I've enjoyed the freeware version and the IOS version, would love to play the deluxe edition too

SerTapTap

Still liking it, but two things are quite annoying:

1) Analog stick input is not always accepted when moving on the main menu. Not sure what the deal is, works fine ingame, but I feel like I'm fighting with the main menu sometimes.

2) Dying in any of the "long levels" is an instant death sentence, which makes makes mistakes have drastically different consequences depending on the level layout, and "long" levels are distributed unevenly, so it results in really uneven difficulty. It'd be nice if these levels had 2 or so checkpoints so that if you die on the far side of a map that takes a full minute to traverse it is not completely impossible to catch up like it presently is.

I like the unlock systems though, collecting cubes is simple enough and earning credits is about as effective as it always is in shmups, and the "beat 10 levels to unlock the next starting zone" keeps the difficulty from being extreme. I can't see myself getting the "beat classic mode on one credit" trophy though!

A more minor annoyance, was hoping for a bit better anti-aliasing solution on PS4, but I know performance like that isn't always easy to squeeze out for the smallest of teams.

Skyrise

Will this expanded version be released on PC? I've enjoyed the freeware version and the IOS version, would love to play the deluxe edition too

No plan for now.
But we'll release the free version on Steam with all the added Steam stuff as soon as possible. ;)

Skyrise

1) Analog stick input is not always accepted when moving on the main menu. Not sure what the deal is, works fine ingame, but I feel like I'm fighting with the main menu sometimes.

2) Dying in any of the "long levels" is an instant death sentence, which makes makes mistakes have drastically different consequences depending on the level layout, and "long" levels are distributed unevenly, so it results in really uneven difficulty. It'd be nice if these levels had 2 or so checkpoints so that if you die on the far side of a map that takes a full minute to traverse it is not completely impossible to catch up like it presently is.

I like the unlock systems though, collecting cubes is simple enough and earning credits is about as effective as it always is in shmups, and the "beat 10 levels to unlock the next starting zone" keeps the difficulty from being extreme. I can't see myself getting the "beat classic mode on one credit" trophy though!

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll try to 'fix' the menu input. As silly as it sounds doing the menus was really hard and we're not satisfied with how the inputs work.

About the difficulty: contemplating adding a less punishing 'easy' mode, same gameplay but more energy and no energy taken out when you die. Obviously on a different leaderboard or with less points.
Let's see, every feedback is really important and we'll do the best to improve the game (and yes, we know it's very difficult from the start and we don't want to alter that).

Skyrise

The scoreboard bug that I described above seems to only affect the PS Vita version of the game. The PS4 is still showing the proper information for my friend's score.

That's quite strange, since we use almost the same code on both version to poll the leaderboards.

We'll double check it but since leaderboards are shared the score are in the same database.

Maybe it's only a temporary thing on PSN servers, but please keep us in the loop about it.

Skyrise

Just bought it. Love it. Shout outs to Mixed Bag. You guys made an amazing game. For a two man team, I can't imagine this was a easy thing to do. Just game-shared it with a friend. We'll spread the word around..

Thanks so much!

Yes it was quite hard doing both PS4 and PSVita version by ourselves but we learned A LOT in the process. :)

Skyrise

It's tricky! I've completed it a couple of times now, but I still get stuck on it often.

Yes it is! :)

Best advice: destroy the cubes and fly out as soon as you see the cube rotating, it's about to close.

It's not too hard, just don't rush: it gets tricky if you die, but you have plenty of time if you just fly and destroy the cubes from afar.

Agent X

That's quite strange, since we use almost the same code on both version to poll the leaderboards.

We'll double check it but since leaderboards are shared the score are in the same database.

Maybe it's only a temporary thing on PSN servers, but please keep us in the loop about it.

I have now observed a similarly strange occurrence with the online scoreboards in Velocity 2X. This is a game that has been out for both PS Vita and PS4 for about a month. The game has both cross-save and shared online scoreboards. I've been playing alternately on both systems, and have never experienced a problem until I tried the Vita version about an hour ago.

Now, on the Vita version of Velocity 2X (which I've just played for the first time since September 29), the "friends" scoreboard shows several friends with a 0 score. These friends are all people that I've never seen playing the game before, and all have usernames starting with A or B, listed in ascending alphabetical order. Meanwhile, friends that I know for a fact have been playing the game are not listed. Oddly enough, my own username (which starts with A) isn't listed, so I cannot even check my own score in this game.

This game also has a "near" scoreboard, which pulls scores from nearby users. These scores are all also 0--mostly from people that I again never saw playing the game, while people that I've seen before (some with really great scores) aren't listed.

If I switch over to PS4, the "friends" scoreboard appears completely normal. (There is no "near" scoreboard on PS4.) My scores are on there, and the friends that I know play the game are also on there, while friends that have never played the game are not listed. This is exactly the way the Vita game used to work.

I have a feeling that the scoreboard corruption on the Vita might have something to do with the recent firmware update that was released on October 1. There were no problems with the Vita versions of either Futuridium EP Deluxe or Velocity 2X prior to the firmware update, and there are still no problems with the PS4 versions. (I haven't checked other Vita games yet, and quite frankly, I'm not sure if I really want to take that risk at the moment.)

Perhaps other users who have both of these games on both systems can check their online scoreboards, and post their findings here.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Love the game but seriously what's wrong with the controls in the pause menu? 80% of the time it feels like the inputs do nothing.

wouwie

Spoiler Alert: You can buy the soundtrack off the Vita store. Then export it to whatever you want from there. I bought the V2X soundtrack and I'll probably get this one shortly.

Thanks. I bought the soundtrack. Had a bit of a problem transferring to my pc since the vita content manager installer isn't working (complains about some missing Microsoft Visual thingies... stuff). So i had to transfer to ps3 and then to pc.

Agreed on both points. Analog stick input seems a bit slow or not registering in the menus (d-pad controls would have been better, as discussed before). And having to restart from the very beginning in long levels is a bit annoying (but also part of the challenge i presume).

Unfortunately, i'm not very good at this game. I managed to finish zone 1 so far and a few levels in zone 2. I never get the time bonus or the full chain.

I wish the ship was more agile. But then again, asking for a more agile ship practically means asking for a different game since the whole concept of this game is based on the limited movability of the ship. Which, in the end (and as i had somewhat expected), isn't really my thing.

Love the presentation though. That's why i'm really excited for Forma 8 by the same developer. Seems a tad more my cup of tea gameplay wise and with the same beautiful presentation.

On a side note: any videos on youtube from a skilled player? It would be interesting to see how the game is properly played.

SerTapTap

Anyone got a list of what the unlock conditions are (or is it all just cubes?) I've gotten to Zone 3 and I figure once I've beaten it I'll start my video, wanted to be sure exactly what "flappyridium" and the other hidden option are exactly. Going to assume it's just an exact flappybird clone?

Classic mode makes me miss the boost so much, doubt I'll ever get very far in it, but it's neat it's included.

gunstarhero

Just picked up the Vita version on a whim - and I'm loving it so far. The design aesthetic and arcade-type gameplay is perfect. It DOES need Dpad support though, but thats a minor complaint compared to this game's awesomeness.

Skyrise

Anyone got a list of what the unlock conditions are (or is it all just cubes?) I've gotten to Zone 3 and I figure once I've beaten it I'll start my video, wanted to be sure exactly what "flappyridium" and the other hidden option are exactly. Going to assume it's just an exact flappybird clone?

Classic mode makes me miss the boost so much, doubt I'll ever get very far in it, but it's neat it's included.

Sorry for the late reply, yep Flappyridium is basically a Flappybird homage with a different gameplay mechanic.

Classic mode is HARD. :D

Skyrise

Just picked up the Vita version on a whim - and I'm loving it so far. The design aesthetic and arcade-type gameplay is perfect. It DOES need Dpad support though, but thats a minor complaint compared to this game's awesomeness.

Thanks!

We'll probably implement Dpad support for menu navigation.
Don't think the game'll actually be playable with Dpad in game, an on-off control system is not ideal.

Agent X

I just wanted to say that it looks like the problem that I had earlier was related to the firmware. This morning, I updated to firmware 3.35, and the leaderboards returned to normal.

Top Bottom