• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUZE Code Studio for Nintendo Switch announced

Name: FUZE Code Studio
Developer: FUZE Technologies Ltd
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: Q2 2018
Price: Unknown

FUZE Code Studio is an integrated development environment planned to release on Nintendo Switch in 2018. It will allow users to create programs and games that run right on the console, using a custom variant of BASIC. It comes with tools to help with development, like graphics/audio creation and speech synthesis.

Currently, the developer also has a page up for contributions related to the game.

Features
Easy to learn text based programming language
No coding experience required
Create your own apps and fast 2D - 3D games
Access Joycon sensors and controls directly in your programs
Use the Dock to show your games on your TV to share with friends and family
Programmable synthesizer & Speech engine
Use the included game graphics & audio or create your own
​Extra content packs will be available to download
Use a USB keyboard, the FUZE touch keyboard or the Joycons to enter your code
Comes with game graphics and audio and you can create your own
Learn to code

Screens
fsKqcAP.png

biQ5CKW.jpg

Links

As a note, those who've been on Petit Computer/SmileBasic on prior handhelds and have been looking for a Switch solution, this may be something to keep on your radar probably :)

Nice. As someone who has no experience with coding but have been meaning to learn at the least the basics, this is on my radar. Hope it turns out to be a worthwhile package.

I wonder what kind of security Nintendo requires to exist around a program like this on the switch... It seems like it would be an obvious direction for homebrew devs to attack to hack the console.

mclem

Memories of...

amos_PC.png

and

Einschaltmeldung_C64.jpg

How dare you not mention the finest BASIC known to man?

nMxIvk2.gif

I wonder what kind of security Nintendo requires to exist around a program like this on the switch... It seems like it would be an obvious direction for homebrew devs to attack to hack the console.

It'll most likely to be running in a virtual machine completely divorced from any direct access to the hardware.

Top Bottom