• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 2 Will Get AAA Games At Launch, It's Claimed

BlackTron

They will sell Mario Kart 8 Complete Edition with some visual enhancements for $70 and it will sell 50 million 😂

I've only lost one Switch game -both copies of Mario Kart 8 lol. I finally caved and got it digital for the booster courses, even though I even have the freaking WiiU version.

I actually wouldn't mind an END ALL REALLY COMPLETE THIS TIME ALL ON CART version, but not until MK9 is out to be really sure, and I'd just snipe it on ebay for $40 or something...

Doesn't need to be "properly open world" but Bowser's Fury was clearly a blueprint and it ruled. Overdue a new 3D Mario at this point. All signs point to Switch 2 launching with a slight reinvention of what 3D Mario is.
Bowser fury was OK. It was not bad. But using the move sets of 3D world’s pseudo, 2-D style of control was fairly limiting.

Last edited:

Forth

Neophyte
I'm ready to go all in on the Switch 2, I'm tired of Sony's GAAS push, the wokeness in their games and their big franchises now releasing one game per generation.
The Switches hybrid style just fits my lifestyle now. I prefer Nintendo's directs over state of plays and I'm positive that nearly everything that didn't run on Switch in the last few years will get a second life on Switch 2 like Elden Ring.
Shawn Kayden was right, games are to expensive to make now and risks aren't being taken.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I'm ready to go all in on the Switch 2, I'm tired of Sony's GAAS push, the wokeness in their games and their big franchises now releasing one game per generation.
The Switches hybrid style just fits my lifestyle now. I prefer Nintendo's directs over state of plays and I'm positive that nearly everything that didn't run on Switch in the last few years will get a second life on Switch 2 like Elden Ring.
Shawn Kayden was right, games are to expensive to make now and risks aren't being taken.

PC+Nintendo master race. It was worth it to get PS4Pro late last gen but I haven't even started sweating lack of PS5 until now with new Astrobot game. Even then, it's just a sweat...if I lost PC or Nintendo, it would be a god damned emergency.

cireza

Gold Member
If it's the latest games in handheld, I couldn't give two shits less about FPS.
Good for you. I'd rather play older games in 1080@60fps. It will probably be a continuation of current Switch with deprecated hardware anyway, so it will not be a console of choice for ambitious games, with a few exceptions. It will be okay for smaller games and emulators of old games.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Good for you. I'd rather play older games in 1080@60fps. It will probably be a continuation of current Switch with deprecated hardware anyway, so it will not be a console of choice for ambitious games, with a few exceptions. It will be okay for smaller games and emulators of old games.
If it has UE5 support, it's going to be getting a ton of support, much to the chagrin of the pissers and moaners (I'm not implying you're one of them).

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Same thing that happened with the 3DS prior to launch. And Nintendo still had problems. It's all about first party when it comes to Nintendo, especially at the beginning.

StereoVsn

Kids would love a new 3D Mario, Kirby, and Mario Kart. I just want to see if dynamic res/frames on Switch 1 games improve when running on Switch New.

Well and the new Monolith game.

cireza

Gold Member
If it has UE5 support, it's going to be getting a ton of support, much to the chagrin of the pissers and moaners (I'm not implying you're one of them).
I am not expecting good performance from UE5 on the next Switch. UE5 is a resource hungry, wasteful engine. It is going to be the same as with Switch with super low res and low FPS games, that will be tagged as miracle ports. Same story all over again.

Developers absolutely need to get some control back on how their games perform, and this implies having purpose built, custom engines. Games that had custom engines actually managed to run decently on Switch, unlike the horror that UE games were, both in terms of image quality and loadings. And a ton of games did not make it on Switch because they were using UE to begin with.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Considering it's supposed to be about as powerful as a PS4 then I wouldn't get too excited.
I know where you're coming from, but the returns have diminished. A lot of people are still okay with PS4 levels. Which is why we are getting cross-gen games 4 years into the gen. This is no Wii generation... the jump from PS4 to PS5 is not that big compared to old times..

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Honestly I expect Animal Crossing Game, A New Mario (sunshine 2 maybe), Zelda Wind Walker, New Donkey Kong, New Mario Kart, and Metroid 4 all within the first year. Third party will see mostly BIG older games and new COD, stuff like Cyberpunk, Baldurs Gate 3, Fortnite 60fps version, Elden Ring Port, Monster Hunter, etc all within launch window as well.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Hated that game. Give me Galaxy 3
nopes Mario Beyond I am known for my predicitions

Super-Mario-Bros-100422-998144ca8a494734819f4eac1b370420.jpg

Jesb

I’m thinking the same. GFN+Nintendo sounds pretty good to me. Would be my first Nintendo since Wii.

Jubenhimer

The Switch was a radically different concept on paper when it was first shown off. And with Nintendo's last home console failing, it made sense why third parties were skeptical of it during its launch window, before eventually coming around to it year by year. Switch 2 won't have that problem as it's coming off of a proven success that (according to rumors) isn't a drastic change in direction from its predecessor as the Wii U was. So incorporating it into multiplatorm projects will be much easier this time around.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
New Castlevania would be perfect for THE WORLD but first Konami would need restored brain function
The amount of games with castlevania ip in it is weird. Got V Rising last week and they had a castlevania dlc. So does dead cells.

Konami seems like they haven't given a shit about games in awhile. They shoulda partnered with bluepoint or if Sony was smart they would have invested in vr castlevania. But why support psvr2?/s

Last edited:
Didn’t seem to hurt the PS5 launch, did it?
It’s not about how many titles you launch with, it’s about quality over quantity and keeping a steady pace of releases every month or two especially the first 12-18 months to build up that momentum.

Sw0pDiller

Great News offcourse for the nintendo only crowd. They really missed out the last 3 years. Still my vanillla ps5 Will trash the switch2 in multiplatform games let alone the ps5pro. Switch 2 Will be a nintendo only games machine while a 1200+ euro pc or 450 euro ps5 can compliment it.

Last edited:

Woopah

Because if they were good games, they could sell numbers, which means less Mario Kart numbers or Mario Party numbers. Nintendo market is still a zero sum game.
But its not a zero sum game. More third party support means a platform is more attractive and overall software sales are higher.

There's 500+ million third party games sold on Switch. If the Switch got zero third party support, Nintendo's first party sales wouldn't go up by 500+ million.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Not really in the spirit of the OP, but I would down for a Zelda Botw and TotK bundle with improved resolution and performance. Not very exciting, but I believe many would bite if they could provide a solid 60 fps.

The Switch 2 launch is gonna be wild. If Gears 6 is Fall '25, that's gonna be there along with Doom. Metroid Prime 4 and maybe Mario Kart 9? Capcom probably going to have Resident Evil 9 by then. Square might be there with DQ 12. Ports of Elden Ring or Cyberpunk?

Hudo

Look, man. I just want a new 3D Mario. It's been quite a while and I am very much in the mood for "Bing Bing Wahoo!"-excellence from Nintendo.

Last edited:

Woopah

The Switch 2 launch is gonna be wild. If Gears 6 is Fall '25, that's gonna be there along with Doom. Metroid Prime 4 and maybe Mario Kart 9? Capcom probably going to have Resident Evil 9 by then. Square might be there with DQ 12. Ports of Elden Ring or Cyberpunk?

I'm confident it gets the next Doom but not sure about Gears. I do think Capcom, SE, KT and Ubisoft will support Switch 2 well, but I can see it not getting the best support from some Sega and Bandai Namco Studios.
AAA games at ps4 settings here we go!!!
It will be around PS4 power but with more modern features.
I'd be shocked if they didn't have one. Nintendo gets a crazy attach rate when they launch exclusive software along with a new console, it doesn't even hurt the long-term sales.
There absolutely will be at least 1 first party game at launch, then 6+ more in the rest of 2025 (if it launches early enough).

Zathalus

No reason why it won’t, 8 core CPU that probably around 2x as powerful as the one in the PS4, 12GB Ram, and a GPU around PS4 levels while handheld and quite a bit more docked with a fully modern GPU feature set. It even has a block for I/O.

Top Bottom