• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G/A/F Stalker aquitted because "mental illness"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

bpCq4PJ.jpg

Obwohl sie einem Priester aus dem Sauerland jahrelang nachstellte, ist eine 72-jährige Rentnerin vom Landgericht Arnsberg nun freigesprochen worden. In dem Berufungsprozess entschied das Gericht, die Frau sei schuldunfähig. Eine erstinstanzliche Verurteilung zu 14 Monaten Haft wurde aufgehoben.

Pfarrer Michael Hammerschmidt war zu Beginn des Berufungsverfahrens vergangene Woche frustriert. "Ich will nur meine Ruhe. Und der Rechtsstaat hilft mir nicht", sagte der 61-Jährige. Anrufe, SMS, E-Mails oder Liebesbriefe mit teilweise perversen Sexfantasien: Fast täglich bekommt der Geistliche Nachrichten von seiner Verfolgerin. Die Seniorin stalkt den Pastor seit fast 15 Jahren.

Die Frau aus Nordrhein-Westfalen steht offen zu ihrem Verhalten. Sie liebe Hammerschmidt, sagte sie. Nur wegen des Zölibats dürfe dieser ihre Gefühle nicht erwidern, erzählte sie dem Richter.

Dennoch verlässt die Rentnerin das Gericht als freie Frau. Weil sich mehrere Gutachter zum Teil widersprochen hatten, habe man zugunsten der Angeklagten entscheiden müssen, begründete der Vorsitzende Richter das Urteil.
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/just...er-freispruch-fuer-72-jaehrige-a-1068119.html

Basically: the woman stalked the man for 15 years (including dancing naked in his garden, sending him SMS and mails daily, letters with her erotic fantasies), showed no remorse and announced that she won't stop, but the judge and the jury concluded that she is "annoying, but not dangerous" and now the poor victim has to live the rest of his or her life knowing that the law won't help him.

Fuchsdh

Thanks G/A/F for giving me some sample news to work on my German skills!

...And for relating a pretty sad story. The dude's 61 years old, he's too old for this shit. And he's a priest on top of it.

WTF? That's fucked up beyond belief. Stalkers aren't merely a nuisance that you should just put up with, and what if she gets more erratic and does something dangerous? I'm not even blaming her, she's obviously mentally ill in some way and needs help.

The system has failed both parties.

Chariot

You should change the first sentence :p

Poor guy though. I would go fucking bananas and do something stupid if that happened to me.
Oh yeah, always messing up with the plural.

WTF? That's fucked up beyond belief. Stalkers aren't merely a nuisance that you should just put up with, and what if she gets more erratic and does something dangerous? I'm not even blaming her, she's obviously mentally ill in some way and needs help.

The system has failed both parties.
They basically came to the conclusion that she didn't do anything dangerous the last 15 years, so she probably won't do the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom