• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G/A/F: Toddler Alone In Car Exercises 2nd Amendment Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

Article link

A 30-year-old Deltona woman was arrested Monday afternoon after a 3-year-old boy grabbed her loaded gun and shot out the window of a car parked at a church school, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said.

Maldonado got out to walk around and left the boy unsecured in the back of the vehicle with the rear passenger door propped open so she could keep an eye on the child

Maldonado told investigators she was walking in the parking lot with some other parents when she heard a loud bang, deputies said. She said she didn't immediately realize it was gunfire.

When Maldonado returned to her car, she said she heard glass crackling and noticed the front driver’s side window shattered, Davidson said.

...and upon returning to the vehicle, she noticed that her loaded gun wasn’t in the driver’s side door pocket where she had left it.

It was on the front seat," Davidson said. "Maldonado told deputies that she normally keeps the gun locked in the trunk

...she was arrested and charged with child neglect.

No one was injured in the incident.

Mother normally keeps gun locked. Just when she doesn't and little Johnny goes pew pew pew at the school.

frontovik

Banned
Florida was a dead giveaway since Germany and Australia wouldn't have such issues with firearms. Plus, no 2nd Amendment.

DonShula

Child abuse my ass. I taught all my kids how to handle firearms at 18 months. This toddler clearly knew his target and only raised his weapon when he intended to fire. In my day we'd just send the kid to timeout for mischief. Now it's on the news. This is what happens when we stop saying the pledge in schools.

Ketch

A 30-year-old Deltona woman was arrested Monday afternoon after a 3-year-old boy grabbed her loaded gun and shot out the window of a car parked at a church school, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said.

This one sentence alone. what the fuck.

Child abuse my ass. I taught all my kids how to handle firearms at 18 months. This toddler clearly knew his target and only raised his weapon when he intended to fire. In my day we'd just send the kid to timeout for mischief. Now it's on the news. This is what happens when we stop saying the pledge in schools.
Almost had me there.

10/10 would read again.

jay

At what point do we earn our rights? Is a 2 year old not entitled to freedom of speech? Is a six month old allowed to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment? Can a 3 year old not open her own news blog and enjoy freedom of the press?

Joni

What if the kid was stopping a burglar? And next time he doesn't have his gun. Then he is kidnapped.

DOWN

Banned
Florida was a dead giveaway since Germany and Australia wouldn't have such issues with firearms. Plus, no 2nd Amendment.

The G/A/F/ game has no purpose if you literally refer to the US constitution in the headline.

Mentionning the 2nd amendment in the title pretty much ruins the fun of G/A/F.
The game has been used many times for Georgia Alabama Florida so not necessarily

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mom of the year.

Every single decision this person made was the worst possible decision, period.

Only good thing is that she is now part of the overwhelming statistic that you (and your children) are in more danger from your own guns than imaginary murderers.

Why would you keep your gun in the trunk where you can't get to it quickly? I think she meant she normally keeps the kid locked in the trunk.

hobozero

simpsons-mr-burns2-icon.jpg

Took this long to post?

LakeEarth

I know she got arrested, but that woman is lucky as hell. The situation could've gone a lot of different and worse ways.

Hey it's tough to be a parent. Sometimes you forget things, like your child being in the back of your car, or even where you left your loaded gun! /s

Probably too much to hope for reckless endangerment here, right?

TacoShats

Neo Member
I live in the Daytona Beach area so anytime some crazy news story pops up about Florida I always assume it's from Deltona. It's all a bunch of lunatics living there.

Floridian justice system is hilarious and sad:

onc can walk free with the Stand Your Ground lol Law by mowing down and unarmed teen.

one can be sent to jail for 20 years for pointing it without firing in self defense against an abusive spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom