• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF EAST 3 KILLZONE 2 Clan thread.

3/26/09I have not received word from anyone that they wish to take over the clan, so I am shutting it down.

Official GAF EAST 3 Clan Thread

WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL STEAM GROUP AT
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gaf3
PLEASE JOIN

VALOR - 100

It was getting too difficult to seperate the clans out in the other thread, so I thought this might be a good idea to keep things straight.

First things first. If you are not a member of GAF EAST 3 and would like to be one, shoot a pm to either me, exarkun, or TheFatOne…don’t ask in this thread. I’d like to keep discussion in this thread focused on the clan. If you’ve already done that and are having problems, go ahead and post in here and we’ll try and figure out why you can’t get in. It’s just easier to keep a record of who is in the clan and who is who if that stuff is done through pm’s.
Now, for the good stuff.

CURRENT MEMBERS

GAF ID/ PSN ID

LEADER:
WHOAguitarninja /WHOAguitarninja

OFFICERS:
TheFatOne /Lyulf
exarkun/exarkun
Labombadog / LabombadogIGN

MEMBERS:
AgentX / AgentX
/ Belvedere
CharpyImpact / CharpyImpact
.Gqueb. / Gqueb
Grendelrt / Grendelrt
MickeyKnow / HerrHelmet
----- / ITS_MY_GO_18
j-wood / J-Wood
JakOfTheShadows / JakOfTheShadows
jiffy38 / Jiffy38
---- / LeetLuck13
Macattk15 / Macattk15
the_prime_mover / Palantiri
SNUG REVOL / Regret_Truth
GodLovesFrags/ SgtWheelMan
Spruchy / Spruchy
StreetDisciple / Street_Disciple
Strider2k99 / Strider2k99
sullyj / Sullyj
SuperSonic1305 / SuperSonic1305
teepo / TEEPO
Topher / Topher1414
Baron Aloha/Will0928
zeloe326 / zeloe326
ZeroEdge / ZeoEdge
burgerdog / burgerdog99
cjdunn/cjdunn
drknite / coolguy2000
dark_preacher / dark_preacher
dkeane/dkeane
dollartaco / dollartaco
jett / el_jett
Carlisle / emogu84
The Wise Old Man / henderson1979
templeusox/ IantempleU
icechai / icechai
subtlesaysigh / illspoken
lawblob / lawblob
neojubei / neojehuty
synless / SynLess
shagg_187 / shagg_187
tfur / tfur
user friendly / userfriendly
vpance / vpance
Q-Bert / xQ-Bertx
yaser imran virk / xtwo

CLAN PRACTICES –
3/22 6:00 pm

EVENTS –
vs GAFw - 10 valor bet 3/21 7:30pm
vs. GAFe - 10 valor bet Outcome: Lost
vs. GAFw - 10 valor bet Outcome: Won
GAF TIME TO DIE - Outcome :Eliminated in first round
GAF TIME TO DIE II - Canceled

NEWS –
3/20
We've been challenged by GAFw and Euro GAF to matches on Visari Hammer.
GAF West @ 7:30pm on sunday 10 v 10

Euro GAF @ 4:30pm on saturday 12v12

Post in here to say if you're available for either. I'd like to do a clan practice before each, as well, though they should be short since our strategies are already mostly done.
3/14/09 We've defeated GAFw in an unfortunately lopsided match, outnumbering them 12-3.
3/13/09 OP Updated with roster for tonight's clan match and practice.

3/4/09 - Rethinking how to do scheduling for the tournament. We'll have a list for each day (limited at 20 for Friday and Saturday to accomodate the simultaneous tournaments). If you're available to be in the tourney, post here or shoot me a pm saying when you're available and I'll make sure to put you on the list for the approriate days.

I have also set up a gmail address for myself just for this clan, with the creative name of WHOAguitarninjagaf3 (at) gmail.com. If anyone else wants to do similar, or doesn't mind me including them in bulk emails I'll send out occasionally (tactics, important things to know, major announcements, etc), shoot me a pm saying how I should contact you in such an event.

3/3/09-NOW TAKING SIGN-UPS FOR TOURNAMENT. You must be available at 6pm on the 5th and have been in the clan since the first of this month to participate.

The last one is not my rule, apparently you need to be in a clan before it subscribes to a tournament to participate...if I find out this is wrong I'll change this, but for now, that's how it is.

3/2/09 -Nothing major yet. I’m working on a set of basic strategies and useful info for mp. If you have any suggestions at all, please PM me.

Also, we need a way to get in contact with each other quickly, and it would be helpful to have a way to send out mass messages to all the serious members of the clan. For anyone seriously interested in the competitive side, any suggestions on how to do this would be great. I was considering setting up an email address for myself just for clan correspondence, but I’d like to gauge other people’s interest in the clan first. I already know a couple of people are interested in the competitive side of it. If there is enough interest to make a real team here, then I think doing something about communication would be helpful.
If you have a strong interest in becoming a competitive clan, and don’t mind taking on some responsibilities of letting people into the clan and sending invites, shoot me a pm and I’ll make you an officer.

exarkun

Jesus man, how did you rank up so quickly? We were similar ranks yesterday when I logged on but now you're waaaay ahead of me. HAXX

Charpy and I were helping each other get the ridiculous turret and air support badges and it was kindof a byproduct of that. That's how I got the last rank quickly. I was already pretty close to the second to last before that though.

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
Charpy and I were helping each other get the ridiculous turret and air support badges and it was kindof a byproduct of that. That's how I got the last rank quickly. I was already pretty close to the second to last before that though.

Teh hax I'm down for the tournament. Going to have to get the ribbons for ma scout.

Q-bert

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
3/3/09-NOW TAKING SIGN-UPS FOR TOURNAMENT. You must be available at 6pm on the 5th and have been in the clan since the first of this month to participate.

The last one is not my rule, apparently you need to be in a clan before it subscribes to a tournament to participate...if I find out this is wrong I'll change this, but for now, that's how it is.

Hey I just joined (thanks TheFatOne), and first time navigating to the clan page it says something to the effect of you will not be able to view clan events that were arranged prior to your clan join date (and my Events menu item is empty).

Didn't say anything about participating in the actual match, however, so you might have some wiggle room there.

Q-bert said:
Hey I just joined (thanks TheFatOne), and first time navigating to the clan page it says something to the effect of you will not be able to view clan events that were arranged prior to your clan join date (and my Events menu item is empty).

Didn't say anything about participating in the actual match, however, so you might have some wiggle room there.

I hope that this is the case. Would make life easier.

yaser, it'd be great if you could join. I honestly have no idea how many people will be online as I'm pretty sure most clan members have not even seen this thread yet.

I'm trying to gauge overall interest in the clan as a whole (rather than as just a means of meeting up with gaffers online, which is fine too), to determine how to try and organize events in the future. If there is strong enough interest from enough people I think it would be fun to set up weekly clan practices (as suggested by Palantiri) and challenge other clans outside gaf also to see how good we can be as a team. If nobody is interested in that though I won't press the issue.

Anyway, on the topic of clan practices, I'm going to set up a GAF EAST 3 practice room right now to get ready for the tournament in just over an hour (I think the tournament lobby opens at 5:45). It will be restricted to east 3 members, so I encourage anyone and everyone to come join and help us figure out strategies for Pyrrhus Rise and the tournament. Be ready to stop fighting sometimes so everyone can meet in the middle and discuss things, too.

Fun clan matches tonight. Got a network error which shut down the server I guess at the end. I think we came up with some good strategies for Pyrrhus Rise, too bad the tournament was canceled. Next time we'll be ready though.

We also need to vote on a time for a weekly clan practice. I was thinking sometime midday saturday or sunday would be best, as it will probably interfere with people's real life the least then.

Macattk15

Had to work late tonight :( Still here.

Hope to be playing with you guys this weekend though. Did they really patch the game and mess with the controls?

jett

D-Member
WHOAguitarninja said:
Fun clan matches tonight. Got a network error which shut down the server I guess at the end. I think we came up with some good strategies for Pyrrhus Rise, too bad the tournament was canceled. Next time we'll be ready though.

We also need to vote on a time for a weekly clan practice. I was thinking sometime midday saturday or sunday would be best, as it will probably interfere with people's real life the least then.

"Tonight"? The night's just starting man. :p

jett said:
"Tonight"? The night's just starting man. :p

Yeah. I'll be back. Actually, after I posted that I went back and played some more. Going to watch Bourne Ultimatum with my family for awhile though, so I wont be back until a little after 10 or so.

So we got a Clan challenge by the 'SoulSociety' (bleach much?). Are we going to accept? I think its on a Friday. I get off at work around 7pm, hopefully I will be able to make it.

TheFatOne

Labombadog said:
So we got a Clan challenge by the 'SoulSociety' (bleach much?). Are we going to accept? I think its on a Friday. I get off at work around 7pm, hopefully I will be able to make it.

If there are enough people available to play we could accept. I can play on Friday. I was thinking about setting up a practice game for the clan later on tonight. It would be clan members only in smaller maps just so we can practice playing against each other. If anyone is interested let me know.

I posted a message in Killzone 2 clan page about the practice game. If enough people join it should be 10 on 10. I think this would be a good opportunity to meet other people in the clan, and you could improve your skills. I want to set up the game at 9PM EST but if you want to do it later or earlier let me know. Just post in this thread if you are interested. Also if you want I could schedule another practice game for another time just let me know.

GAF3 practice game
1.)Lyulf (only me so far :lol )
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11-20.)

One last thing some of us have been thinking about having weekly practice matches. If you are interested let us know what times you are available during the week. This way we can get some practice in as a team.

Agent X

I'll try to join you tonight, as I could certainly use the practice! It might be after 10 PM as I'd like to try to catch ECW tonight.

TheFatOne

Agent X said:
I'll try to join you tonight, as I could certainly use the practice! It might be after 10 PM as I'd like to try to catch ECW tonight.

I just want people to actually join the game :lol hopefully people joing it.

Ok we have been challenged by GAF west. We need 12 people for this challenge. I doub't we'll get that many, but if 8 of you can arrange to be there at midnight on the 14th (ie:friday night) I'll go ahead and accept.

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
Ok we have been challenged by GAF west. We need 12 people for this challenge. I doub't we'll get that many, but if 8 of you can arrange to be there at midnight on the 14th (ie:friday night) I'll go ahead and accept.

You know I'm down.

TheFatOne said:
You know I'm down.

I do.I'm sending out PM's tomorrow to members that have max rank to try and gauge interest. (If you don't have max rank and are really interested in clan activity, PLEASE let me know. I'm just sending to max rank to try and limit the number of pm's i have to send. Depending on response we may have to consider looking outside of GAF for members, which I've been trying to avoid.

OH BTW - I know we have a couple of members who are awaiting activation and thus unable to send receive any PM's. Please drop me a line at whoaguitarninjagaf3 (at) gmail.com

exarkun

WHOAguitarninja said:
I do.I'm sending out PM's tomorrow to members that have max rank to try and gauge interest. (If you don't have max rank and are really interested in clan activity, PLEASE let me know. I'm just sending to max rank to try and limit the number of pm's i have to send. Depending on response we may have to consider looking outside of GAF for members, which I've been trying to avoid.

I'm down, I just need to get like 120 points tonight so then I can move up to two stars. Midnight on Friday? That should be doable, do we even know what map, restrictions, game modes, ect?

I think it's in the challenge, I can't check right now as I'm in the process of sending out a bunch of PM's to members regarding various clan happenings (be watching your pm box, and join our steam group, link in the op).

.GqueB.

Banned
Hey I just got your message guitarninja. Id say Id wanna play competitively but as Ive ranked up higher I can easily say that I completely suck at this game lol. I'll play that match ONLY if you need people but otherwise Id leave me out of it. I should be around at that time though if need be.

But if you need people Im down. Just dont expect greatness. Expect a decent med.

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
Hey I just got your message guitarninja. Id say Id wanna play competitively but as Ive ranked up higher I can easily say that I completely suck at this game lol. I'll play that match ONLY if you need people but otherwise Id leave me out of it. I should be around at that time though if need be.

But if you need people Im down. Just dont expect greatness. Expect a decent med.

It doesn't matter how good you are if you can revive lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
Joined the clan and steam group last night.

Can't wait to play all damn weekend.:D

Edit: Also, will there be any practice matches this evening closer to the match? At work til
6 EST.

OK. Here is the lineup for tonight. These people should meet in the match lobby 15 minutes prior to the start of the match. Get there from the MY CLAN -> EVENTS page

WHOAguitarninja
TheFatOne/Lyulf
Labombadog
exarkun
drknite/coolguy2000
cjdunn
user friendly
templeusox/iantempleU
SuperSonic1305
CharpyImpact
.GqueB.
SNUG REVOL / Regret_Truth

Alternates: please be online the 15 minutes prior to the match. If there are still vacancies 5 minutes before the start of a match, I will send you a PM on psn telling you to join.

belvedere

I'm putting this in the OP and going to try and keep it updated.

I'm clan leader of SoulSociety, but I'm going to be working tonight lol. Don't know if I'll be able to make it personally now though as I got called in last minute. I'd be willing to cancel and or change the date if it wouldn't be an inconvenience.

CrushDance said:
I'm clan leader of SoulSociety, but I'm going to be working tonight lol. Don't know if I'll be able to make it personally now though as I got called in last minute. I'd be willing to cancel and or change the date if it wouldn't be an inconvenience.
Changing the date might be good. Haven't accepted your clan challenge, and to be honest, was not planning on it. Was going to PM you the reasons, but I figured it'd be best to tell you openly. If enough GAF3 members disagree with me I'll go ahead and accept the challenge. But here was my line of thinking.

One, we have only been in one tournament/challenge so far, and it was a 10 person match, and we could not get enough people for a full team(we had 7, and iirc some of them didn't even know about it until they booted up KZ2). I wanted to make sure the lines of communication worked first before I even accepted another challenge.

Second, I figured it would probably be best to have our first match against a GAF team. I didn't know who Soul Society was (or even if it had ANY gaf members), so I was somewhat worried about walking into a team of pro gamers or something similar and getting slaughtered, leaving our clan with a bad taste in it's mouth.

Third, given the previous two, I decided not to accept two in one day so that we could have ample time to actually practice and plan for a single map.

AND OP is updated with roster. Will host practice at 8pm, lasting until we decide we've had enough. I would like to discuss strategy in the steam chat sometime today before practice for specific missions, if you have anything you would like to contribute, let me know or join the steam chat(I will post here when the chat begins). It would obviously be best not to post our plans in here. In particular, I'd like to talk strategy with the officers and MickeyKnox, but ofcourse everyone is more than welcome to join.

Top Bottom