• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF EAST 3 KILLZONE 2 Clan thread.

The Wise Old Man said:
Apologies if this was answered before, but what's the pass for the GAF clan room?
For the clan specific matches you shouldn't need a pass. Whenever I start up a server just for GAF3 its not passworded and is closed to all non gaf3 members.

Passworded gaf servers usually have "believe", "Believe", or "BELIEVE" as the password (it's case sensitive).

Chat is now up. Join the steam group and get to the chat from that page. It's just me and Charpy right now. Will start serious discussion when more people come.

Okay, chat is just me and one other person, we'll ignore the chat for now and just do the practice. We have to meet in the middle of the map though during practice, no killing each other until we've discussed our plans.

Practice begins in 20 minutes. I will likely be online until 15 minute before the game starts. Server is going up now incase anyone wants to join.

Okay, we're having a hard time getting everyone in here, so here's the deal. People that have been in here for awhile are going to be in the clan match. We're formulating squads now. If you really want to play, please join now.

Okay, so we had some issues figuring out who exactly was going to play. Many of the people who said they would be there wouldn't, and several people who never responded in the thread showed up to practice as soon as it started. I ended up making the decision to go ahead and allow the people who had spent the most time practicing to play. I want to know, going forward, how we should handle deciding who is playing in a tournament or clan match.

My ideas are either doing it the way we tried to do it this time, which has the advantage of having significant lead time, but the obvious disadventages displayed tonight, or doing it by seeing who joins the practice first. The second way is the way it ended up playing out, but obviously requires that we have practice at the most convenient possible time.

I'm open to suggestions and votes.

Thing is that there are times that I wont be able to join practices because I have such a busy schedule, so if I dont join it would suck that I wont be able to participate in the clan matches. Im too tired to think right now though...... :lol

exarkun said:
YO yo yo, what goin on guyths?!

I'm sidelined for the moment with job interviews (should be back to normal tommorow night hopefully). If you guys want to set anything up or plan anything you don't really need my help.

TheFatOne

j-wood said:
So what's been going on? I never see anyone on, and have yet to play a GAF game

I have been busy and I'm sure other people are busy as well, but I do want to set up a game later tonight. IF there are enough people I want to set up a GAF game for 9PM EST so if anyone is interested let me know.

belvedere

Junior Butler
TheFatOne said:
I have been busy and I'm sure other people are busy as well, but I do want to set up a game later tonight. IF there are enough people I want to set up a GAF game for 9PM EST so if anyone is interested let me know.

I'm down. Trying to buy a house so things have been a bit hectic for me.

TheFatOne said:

I'm there.

TheFatOne

Finally fixed my stupid internet. I have been having problems with my connection all day today. I'm going to postpone the room for about an hour or so. If someone else wants to make a room thats cool. In about an hour I will post the name of the room wish me luck.

Edit: BTW I will be playing till early on the morning EST so when I put the room up it should be there for a long ass time. I'm trying to fix my network first before anything, but I will have the game up tonight just give me a little time.

TheFatOne said:
Finally fixed my stupid internet. I have been having problems with my connection all day today. I'm going to postpone the room for about an hour or so. If someone else wants to make a room thats cool. In about an hour I will post the name of the room wish me luck.

Edit: BTW I will be playing till early on the morning EST so when I put the room up it should be there for a long ass time. I'm trying to fix my network first before anything, but I will have the game up tonight just give me a little time.

Ah, that sucks . . . I have been playing on random servers for the past 4hrs but now I have to shut things down for the night. I guess I will start playing later in the evening if that is when everyone else is going to be on.

Will people be down for playing tomorrow night as well? Would people be adverse to a FF-on server with the mid sized maps in rotation?

TheFatOne

the_prime_mover said:
Ah, that sucks . . . I have been playing on random servers for the past 4hrs but now I have to shut things down for the night. I guess I will start playing later in the evening if that is when everyone else is going to be on.

Will people be down for playing tomorrow night as well? Would people be adverse to a FF-on server with the mid sized maps in rotation?

I'm going to try and start a game tomorrow as well. I'm trying my best to get one up tonight but if I can't I will set it up again tomorrow.

Alright guys the game isn't going to be on tonight but let me tell you guys what I have been thinking.My plan is to set up rooms around 8EST on days were I can play all night. That way everyone has a chance at playing in the games. There are 3 maybe 4 days a week where I can play practically all night. The days are Sunday, Saturday, Tues , and Thursday. What I want to do is set up the games at 8EST on those nights.

I will have the games up until 2AM this way more people in the clan and on GAF have a shot to play in the games. The settings I will put are 22 players, FF on, all badges , and no blood gracth , or corinth crossing. I want to do this so that everyone in the clan has a chance to play in the games, and so that you can practice against good players. So let me know what you guys think about that. If you think the settings are off or that I need to find different days let me know. BTW sorry that I couldn't get the game up today.

TheFatOne said:
I'm going to try and start a game tomorrow as well. I'm trying my best to get one up tonight but if I can't I will set it up again tomorrow.

Alright guys the game isn't going to be on tonight but let me tell you guys what I have been thinking.My plan is to set up rooms around 8EST on days were I can play all night. That way everyone has a chance at playing in the games. There are 3 maybe 4 days a week where I can play practically all night. The days are Sunday, Saturday, Tues , and Thursday. What I want to do is set up the games at 8EST on those nights.

I will have the games up until 2AM this way more people in the clan and on GAF have a shot to play in the games. The settings I will put are 22 players, FF on, all badges , and no blood gracth , or corinth crossing. I want to do this so that everyone in the clan has a chance to play in the games, and so that you can practice against good players. So let me know what you guys think about that. If you think the settings are off or that I need to find different days let me know. BTW sorry that I couldn't get the game up today.

Sounds good, as long as we are avoiding smaller maps you should probably drop Tharsis Depot as well.

EDIT - One more thing. It appears GAFw may be interested in challenging us for a game this sunday. Is anyone free and interested in such a match? We haven't received a clan challenge yet so I don't know the details(they tried to send one and it didn't work), but would you guys be interested in that?

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
Sounds good, as long as we are avoiding smaller maps you should probably drop Tharsis Depot as well.

EDIT - One more thing. It appears GAFw may be interested in challenging us for a game this sunday. Is anyone free and interested in such a match? We haven't received a clan challenge yet so I don't know the details(they tried to send one and it didn't work), but would you guys be interested in that?

I am also interested and I fixed my online with the PS3.

I will be jumping on to the server tonight. I don't know if I have you on my PSN list TFO. . . my PSN is Palantiri if you want to send an invite my way.

I am also free to play in a few clan matches this weekend. Just let me know the dates and times so I can ensure that my schedule is open.

Perhaps, if people are able to commit to a consistent schedule, we should form up into semi-permanent squads. I suggest it only so that I can know if I will be called on to fill a specific role on a consistent basis. As it is right now I generally play as a Sab. Because of this I kind of suck with the ARs. If I am going to be called on to play as a medic or tactician then I will start practicing with those classes (I will never opt for the engineer class and can play scout if absolutely necessary).

TheFatOne

the_prime_mover said:
I will be jumping on to the server tonight. I don't know if I have you on my PSN list TFO. . . my PSN is Palantiri if you want to send an invite my way.

I am also free to play in a few clan matches this weekend. Just let me know the dates and times so I can ensure that my schedule is open.

Perhaps, if people are able to commit to a consistent schedule, we should form up into semi-permanent squads. I suggest it only so that I can know if I will be called on to fill a specific role on a consistent basis. As it is right now I generally play as a Sab. Because of this I kind of suck with the ARs. If I am going to be called on to play as a medic or tactician then I will start practicing with those classes (I will never opt for the engineer class and can play scout if absolutely necessary).

I will add you. Yea that sounds nice, but first thing we have to do is get people to play on a consistent basis. The only problem for setting up a game today is the NPD numbers come out today so 500 server error for a while. When the game is up I will let everyone know. Also should I put a password on the game so that only gafers play? One last thing should I keep Corinth Crossing on or should I take it out?

TheFatOne

Ok just posted this on the official thread so I might as well post it here.

I'm setting up a GAF game for later tonight. So look for GAF MELTDOWN! at 8PM EST.

GAF MELTDOWN! 8PM EST
22 Players
FF On
All Badges
All Weapons
Faction Balancing On
No Small Maps (Corinth? (Not sure about this yet) , Blood, Tharsis)

TheFatOne said:
I will add you. Yea that sounds nice, but first thing we have to do is get people to play on a consistent basis. The only problem for setting up a game today is the NPD numbers come out today so 500 server error for a while. When the game is up I will let everyone know. Also should I put a password on the game so that only gafers play? One last thing should I keep Corinth Crossing on or should I take it out?

I vote yes on Password, no on Corinth. Pass'd servers take a little longer to fill up but they're almost always more fun.

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
I vote yes on Password, no on Corinth. Pass'd servers take a little longer to fill up but they're almost always more fun.

What ever you say boss ;) Ohh yea although Corinth is a small map it's my favorite for some reason.

TheFatOne said:
What ever you say boss ;) Ohh yea although Corinth is a small map it's my favorite for some reason.

Well don't leave it out if you like it so much. I'm more or less indifferent, though it's one of the maps I like less, I don't really dislike it.

By the way, I'll be a few minutes late hopping on the server. I'm cooking dinner now and will be on after I eat, which won't take long.

Okay so we have two challenges. They're both on Visari Hammer.

GAF West @ 7:30pm on sunday 10 v 10

Euro GAF @ 4:30pm on saturday 8v8

Both with all weapons and classes. Can you guys let me know when you're available by posting in here? I'd like to do a clan practice before each, as well, though they should be short since our strats are already mostly done.

icechai

wanted to make the Sat one but I joined the clan after Raist sent the challenges, booo. I rocked out as tactician the last match on Meltdown Visari Hammer :)

icechai said:
wanted to make the Sat one but I joined the clan after Raist sent the challenges, booo. I rocked out as tactician the last match on Meltdown Visari Hammer :)
You should be okay, because I haven't accepted them yet.

j-wood

It's Friday. I'm sick. Tonight is Killzone 2 night. I'll be on the majority of the night. befriend me and we'll play some games. I'm up for clan matches too if there is one.

PSN: J-wood

I'm tempted to accept both challenges since I doubt getting a full gaggle of people together will be a major problem seeing how we were able to get 12 last time, but I'd still like to hear more from you guys about who can make it and who can't.

I want to call a clan chat in steam tonight at 8pm eastern. We will discuss strats (should brief since we have good ones laid out from last week), and try and set up squads if possible. I should mention that there is a significant probability I will not be able to make the sunday game, so I'm going to plan on missing it and just fill in if needed (and available).

CLAN PRACTICE TOMMOROW AT 2pm EASTERN
To prepare for our match against EuroGaf at 4:30pm.

The clan match will be 8v8. The first people to join the practice and are there until strategy is fully planned will be the people who play in the match.

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:

The clan match will be 8v8. The first people to join the practice and are there until strategy is fully planned will be the people who play in the match.

I will be with you guys in spirit :( can't play in tomorrows game but I will be in the next one.

WHOAguitarninja said:

2.5 hr practice eh . . . I might be able to make it. I am around the house but pretty busy. If I can get things sorted then I will jump on, but we will probably have 8 people at that point. Will we be doing the same thing for tomorrow's match?

Top Bottom