• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Halo 3 Legendary Tournament

fin

Halo3_GhostTown.jpg

The 'GAF Halo 3' gamertag is going to be celebrating the arrival of the Legendary Map Pack by fragging each other all night on Friday April 18th!!

The Legendary maps will be required to participate and are available Tuesday April 15th for 800 MS points. So you'll have 3 days to get to know the maps inside and out!

Halo3_Avalanche.jpg

If you're interested in joining you must be apart of the 'GAF Halo 3' friendlist. Send it a message saying that you're interested and available for Friday April 18th and what time you're available. Sign-up closes Tuesday April 15th.

172028-1.jpg

edit: Teams (rev6)

pdtquhsctr.jpg

Schedule (rev6): All times are Canada/East-Saskatchewan <---Click for coverter. If we can get the games going earlier the better so group up as soon as possible.

zooognvnmc.jpg

If there are any complications let me know.

EVERYONE:

If anyone is missing from your team, send invites to any available friends on your friends list. I will update the teams as we go if needed.
I don't wanna give up teams because some people don't show up.

GameTypes: Best out of 5. Edited April 16th, Avalanche is now 'Neutral Bomb'

Ghost Town:
Round 1: Team Slayer
Round 2: One Bomb
Blackout:
Round 3: Team Slayer (BR start)
Round 4: Team Ball
Avalanche:
Round 5: Neutral Bomb (30 min limit)

Ties do not count as wins for either team; both teams lose. So the teams must continue on till a team wins 3 Rounds.

Tie Breaker:
Team SWAT of Blackout

I'm online now and will be till the end of the night: GT = Finjitzu

fin

t4ng0 said:
lame.

i'm in - do i have to send a message tho?

Please do. I'm setting up a spreadsheet with all who's interested. I'd like to just do it through Live messages because of convincence for me. There are over 70 people on the list now so it'll help if everyone who is interested sends me a message through Live. Then I don't have to go fishing thorugh GAF and compare to the Live list etc...

Brainboy

Hm, I'd be up for playing, but I'm not sure how it's going to work with the different time zones. What time did you have in mind, fin?

fin

Brainboy said:
Hm, I'd be up for playing, but I'm not sure how it's going to work with the different time zones. What time did you have in mind, fin?

Getting started after 5:00pm CST or earlier if we can.

I also edited the opening.

Is that 11pm GMT? That's cool with me, I'll be on for about hopefully 5 hours from then before I collapse. I'll order some caffeine in ;)

I replied back to your live message as well.

fin

Metroidvania said:
So....team based?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, BTB?

It depends on the turn out. I'll know more on April 15th. If all goes to shit we'll just do a bunch of 8v8, 4v4 custom games and give out some stuff based on stats (K/D ratio, flag carrier kills, killing sprees etc.)

I'd love to participate in this tourney, but after what happened last time I think I'll sit this one out. :D

Team 6 would've won that tournament anyway.
:D

fin

Yeah so MS point cards and Live subscriptions DO NOT work internationally. So anything I buy here in CANADA will not work in the US, Europe etc.

Sorry, I promised prizes but I fail...

vhfive

i don't normally play with you gaffers but im down (its not that i dont like you im usually playing with guests:D )

i sent a friend request to the gaf GT (im vhfive)

fin

OK so two more days of sign-up. If you arn't there isn't a message by 12:00 noon, too late.

Ramirez said:
I'm down, but my friends list is full. =\

Don't worry, I'll add you.

Brainboy

[EDIT: Agh, wrong Halo thread.]

On topic: I'd love to play, but I'm not sure about the time zones. Are the games going to be in the afternoon - evening for GMT?

Brainboy said:

On topic: I'd love to play, but I'm not sure about the time zones. Are the games going to be in the afternoon - evening for GMT?
I think they're from about 11PM GMT?

Xun

I'm still debating whether or not I should purchase the maps, but if I do I'll DEFINITELY be up for it this friday (assuming I don't go out).

fin

Brainboy said:

Yeah it'll be later GMT. I think around 3:00pm CST

I'll finalize the times/teams/gametypes tomorrow.

Anyone have any suggestions for gametypes? If a majority wants something I'll through it in. It'll be 4v4 games. We'll be having 3 games on each map.

ShinAmano

I was supposed to have received a FR from GAF HAlo 3 but never did...hook it up and I am in. I have class all day Fri and Sat...but am open for games after 5 either day.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I'll be messaging when I get home tonight. Is this going to run through the weekend or just be Friday? I'm available for it all, but Saturday I'll probably be out during the evening.

ice cream

Banned
Brainboy said:
Okay, it seems that's about 9pm here in the UK, so I'm definitely up for it. I'll reply on XBL as well now.
Ooh nice, Im in Uk too, so yeah 9 pm sounds good.
I sent GAF Halo 3 a message.

Plus how will it work? How many servers will there be (people hosting), will it be full 16 players (blackout would be terrible)? etc etc, specifics please!

fin

ice cream said:
Ooh nice, Im in Uk too, so yeah 9 pm sounds good.
I sent GAF Halo 3 a message.

Plus how will it work? How many servers will there be (people hosting), will it be full 16 players (blackout would be terrible)? etc etc, specifics please!

Specifics are coming tomorrow, after everyone has signed-up. It'll be 4v4, although Avalanche may be 4v4v4.

Just make sure eveyone who sign's up is free on Friday, and sends 'GAF Halo 3' a message.

Also added time in opening...

Sent you a message.
I was supposed to send it to GAF Halo 3 not your personal account, right?

Is it 3pm or 5pm CST?
In the OP it says 3pm.

fin

Heads up! We have 32 people signed up and I'm making teams now! If you're going to sign-up the sooner the better! Remember to post the time that you are available including Timezone!

fin

Teams have been made! Take time to get to know your teammates. Any concerns let me know!!!!!

I'll be posting the 'schedule' tomorrow. It'll be rough but, we should try and stick to it as best as we could. I'm throughing these times out there to get some feedback, in any is needed.

def sim

Hm Friday

I'll be heading out around midnight that day, so as long as it isn't then I'm good. Also, around 5PM-7PM because I do groceries around that time, but I can always move that over for some Halo.

Josef Redbeard here.

I'm available pretty much at any time after 12-noon during that time zone you posted.

So ya know whenever.

Theta team members besides Sacrifice... I'll be adding you guys.

vhfive

Team Beta friend requests sent
ramirez i know you have a full friends list so you don't have to accept
but you other bitches better:D :D

oh im not sure how the time thing is working but im able to play whenever
being in college and not caring about skipping class allows this

ps beta ftw

EDIT: im vhfive if you couldn't figure it out

chapel

Banned
Im open for any time really as long as I know a day in advance.

I already have Ramirez on my friends list so I hope he didn't clean me off of it. :)

I am PST btw.

fin

armubaba said:
I sent a message, but I'm not on the list. Whatever though, if any team needs me I'll be happy to help out. :D

Voltron64 can't make it. You're in. Will update op. tomorrow. I'm not sure if you're in team Zeta. Ignore the message from 'GAF Halo 3'. I may do some more switching around to make the teams more even.

What does eveyone wanna play on Avalanche? Multi-flag may last too long. One Flag? Neutral Assualt? Give me some suggestions.

ps: thanks for letting me know Voltron

edit: yup I'm re doing some of the teams will post tomorrow.

ice cream said:
Ah not on the list.. oh well, no biggy

we may still have some people drop out.

fin

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Well howdy there. Where'd the teams go?

Yeah, I'll update a new team list at lunch and the schedule after work. I see you're from the UK. How late are you willing to stay up till?

Top Bottom