• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Halo 3 Legendary Tournament

Brainboy

Fin: to answer your question on XBL, I can stick around for maybe 3 hours, 4 at the maximum. Is that going to be enough?

fin

Brainboy said:
Fin: to answer your question on XBL, I can stick around for maybe 3 hours, 4 at the maximum. Is that going to be enough?

I kinda need a maximum time. You're on GMT right? Cuckooo can stay up till (2:00am (GMT+1) and Teh Mantis is in it for the long haul staying up late.

Most of the people can't get online till later because of work and so forth.

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
You know what, considering the occasion ... I'll stay up till whenever.

Thata BE!!!

Sai-kun

Banned
I can stay up until about 11 or so, and I'll get home around 6:30, but I've gotta eat dinner at some point. I'm in central time, btw.

fin

FourDoor said:
What did the original teams posted look like?
Not much has changed. Voltron can't make it. So I made some slight changes.

I'll be posting schedule/gametypes soon.

Eric WK

Dude. You seriously couldn't spell my name right? You took the common spelling of Eric and changed it to the uncommon one? Forgetting for a moment that you actually had it to look at both in the Halo thread and on your 360.

And highest skill is 49, not 43.

Not trying to be an ass, but that's incredibly annoying.

FourDoor

Are the standard/default in game gametypes going to be used for:

Ghost Town:
Round 1: Team Slayer
Round 2: One Bomb
Blackout:
Round 3: Team Slayer
Round 4: Team Ball
Avalanche:
Round 5: One Flag? Mutli-flag? KOTH?

Any time/score limitations need to be placed over the standard gametypes?

I know Multiflag to 3 on Avalanche would probably take forever to complete with a 4v4 and no time limit :lol

fin

Eric WK said:
Dude. You seriously couldn't spell my name right? You took the common spelling of Eric and changed it to the uncommon one? Forgetting for a moment that you actually had it to look at both in the Halo thread and on your 360.

And highest skill is 49, not 43.

Not trying to be an ass, but that's incredibly annoying.

Will fix. Don't cry.

squatingyeti said:
I'm here to replace anyone that can't play...since I'm not loved enough to be included to begin with :'(

You can have my spot. I'll be re-doing some of the teams again. Since Eric with a C is a 49 and not a 43. :D

Brainboy

Fin, in case you didn't see it in the Halo 3 thread:
Brainboy said:
Oh damn... Some of those games are very late for me, 2am - 4am. I'm not sure I'll be holding out that long, I've got quite a few things to do on Saturday.

Is there anyone who can take my place? Sorry for any difficulties.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You shall all witness the wrath of a level 15!

Rogosh

I'm not available for game 1 at the current time (alpha team, 5pm est match time). I don't get home from work until 5:15/5:20 range. Just letting you know incase it's a problem or my team is wondering where i am. (GT: Rogosh).

Trasher

Wait wait wait. So it says my game is at 5:00pm, but I'm an idiot and don't know how to use the time converter thing. I'm in Michigan, so what time is the game for me?

Cuckooo

sounds good to me but wouldnt it be easier say if both games 1 & 2 and 3 & 5 took place at 4, then the winners would play the other winneers straight after then again for the final seems strange to span it over 5 hours when in reality we could get the games done in little over an hour

fin

Cuckooo said:
sounds good to me but wouldnt it be easier say if both games 1 & 2 and 3 & 5 took place at 4, then the winners would play the other winneers straight after then again for the final seems strange to span it over 5 hours when in reality we could get the games done in little over an hour

Some people can't make it on till later. So the schedule reflects that. Sorry Cuckooo, make sure to stock up on the some RedBull incase your team goes all the way!!

fin

Kibbles said:
I'd like to join you guys :eek:

You're in see, new opening for team and stuff.

Trasher said:
Wait wait wait. So it says my game is at 5:00pm, but I'm an idiot and don't know how to use the time converter thing. I'm in Michigan, so what time is the game for me?

What timezone is michigan in?

vhfive

3 revisions, 3 different teams, 3 different TJs

man im a slut
:D

ps my GT is vhfive if any teammates want to friend me

fin

I've got another cancellation. So I will be revising the teams tonight. It should be a minor change though.

Deepblue

Banned
I'm sorry, I should have posted my gamertag when I said I was in.
GT: Echo Eagle.
I'm already on GAF Halo 3 though.

fin

Deepblue said:
I'm sorry, I should have posted my gamertag when I said I was in.
GT: Echo Eagle.
I'm already on GAF Halo 3 though.

Good news! I'll have you in revision 4! You good anytime?

thegreenhobbit said:
please not another team i cant take it anymore

Me too. But I was expecting some of this. That was the whole point of making a specific date. Getting through the no-shows before-hand and not being surprised the day of. So I'll be sending everyone another message confirming the new team later today.

CougRon

Ahh, thanks for the link to the time-zone converter in the OP. Now I know there's only a one hour difference for me with Canada/East-Saskatchewan time. That's a bit better because I was thinking there was a two-hour difference and I was really sweating how I was going to make the first game on time. Now I have a little more wiggle-room in my planning. Knowing me though I'll just barely make it. :p

fin

Striker said:
8 vs 8 or 7 vs 7 Avalanche CTF and Bomb games?

Yeah, we may have to change that. After playing Avalanche last night I think 4v4 won't work well in multi-flag. More input form the community is needed! What 4v4 game would work well on Avalanche.

Edit: I'm thinking Neutral Bomb.

Striker

fin said:
Yeah, we may have to change that. After playing Avalanche last night I think 4v4 won't work well in multi-flag. More input form the community is needed! What 4v4 game would work well on Avalanche.

I haven't had the opportunity to play a proper 6 vs 6, 7 vs 7, or 8 vs. 8 game of any kind on Avalanche yet. Me and two friends on my list played DLC Objective and got morons. Lost easily.

1 CTF would make sense for 4 vs 4, but I don't like those kinds of games with such a small group on a large map.

Neutral Bomb is another great option. Any of those three would be superb for lots of players.

vhfive

fin said:

thought i would add my $.02
1 flag ftw

Hey Team Theta I'll be up for some practice in the afternoon tomorow... like around 1 central time... to about 3:30 central time.

fin

Rev4 is out of date. Got another cancellation. Will be posting rev5 sometime today.

Another cancellation. The replacments are higher ranked, this will be a larger revision...

FourDoor

I'll probably be working from home tomorrow so that means I can change my availability time from 6pm PST to 5PM PST. :D

fin

FourDoor said:
I'll probably be working from home tomorrow so that means I can change my availability time from 6pm PST to 5PM PST. :D

WOW!! Some good news! Thanks for letting me know! I'll be posting the new teams in about 2-3 hours.

Ramirez

Game 3...does that convert into 10 PM EST? I tried the time converter thing, not sure if I did it right though. :lol

fin

Ramirez said:
Game 3...does that convert into 10 PM EST? I tried the time converter thing, not sure if I did it right though. :lol

Should be 9:00 EST

Need to fill in two spots send me a message through GAF or the 360 if interested.

def sim

Game 2 is at 5:30.

Sooo

"05:30:00 p.m. Friday April 18, 2008 in Canada/East-Saskatchewan converts to
07:30:00 p.m. Friday April 18, 2008 in US/Eastern"

7:30 PM it is then. I'll see you guys after I do groceries.

Top Bottom