• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaf-hop is too serious. i mean, this went a bit overboard but it beats the usual cycle.

it's not like it was off topic. although i admit mac miller in any thread should count as a derailment and i apologize

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
One of the many reasons why 2011 was a fucking stellar year.

dude i forgot to mention this shit on twitter, but I was at some club in the mission for a friends bday and got the dj to play that shit. Bitches went crazy. Was fun.

GAF-Hop 2012+ |OT4| I do it BOI

SxJdR.jpg

yeaaa....I got those yeezys....and the black and pink joints too

<edit>
OH SHIT...

I never even knew who the fuck this mac miller bitch was until looking at the last pages and googling this lame. SO HEATED right now...He used the same sample in that Knock Knock that I used for a track like 6 years ago....Damn, I hate this lil dork fuck. I know, I shouldnt be mad but, when you make hiphop beats and hear some dude that's actually "on" use the same sample, you automatically just get pissed cause u always feel like u were the real dude who sampled it. lol. but Man I can't believe this guy gets airplay like that. Fuck I hate commercial hiphop right now.

just came back from an Erykah Badu show here in Dallas.
dat ass is real

More on topic, S1 (one of Kanye's recent producers) was there, and they played some weird ass remix of Power. Kind of a trip to see a cat from Dallas get mainstream love in hip-hop.

coldvein

Banned
did i tell you all the story of how i used a dessa song to make a girl cry? no? well... it's not that interesting anyway... but after we had spoken for a good hour i was like, go listen to this song. she texted me back five minutes later and said she was crying.

just came back from an Erykah Badu show here in Dallas.
dat ass is real

More on topic, S1 (one of Kanye's recent producers) was there, and they played some weird ass remix of Power. Kind of a trip to see a cat from Dallas get mainstream love in hip-hop.

Well, The D.O.C. is from Dallas and DJ Premier is from Texas too...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Did gaf hop come out of it's downward spiral towards the...*sees big sean gifs* ah never mind I see we actually hit the ground, burst into flames, and died in a massive jet fuel fire. And then cannibal necrophiliacs fucked and ate our corpses.
RIP HipHop Gaf, you was a down ass bitch

IrishNinja

Time to get this thread back on track with that new Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe video
BOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T6j4f8cHBIM

this is the equivalent of watching RING RING RING RING BANANAPHONE but with epilepsy and occasional ass.
i like that it was posted right after siddx said we couldn't go lower, though.

edit: real subtle on the kim shot in the first few bars, nicki
again at 2:43 but that's when the video got scary
oh god im gonna hear this shit on the radio aren't i, even with that hook

CRS

Did gaf hop come out of it's downward spiral towards the...*sees big sean gifs* ah never mind I see we actually hit the ground, burst into flames, and died in a massive jet fuel fire. And then cannibal necrophiliacs fucked and ate our corpses.
RIP HipHop Gaf, you was a down ass bitch

It all started with Recon mentioning the Ja Rule greatest hits and now we've come full circle so we can put that horrible last page behind us.

Recon

Banned
Okay Nicki, you win. I did not think you could become worse than you were, I will never underestimate you again. Your downward slide knows no equal. I tip my hat to your shitty music.

It all started with Recon mentioning the Ja Rule greatest hits and now we've come full circle so we can put that horrible last page behind us.

I feel horrible...

Mr.Fresh

Okay Nicki, you win. I did not think you could become worse than you were, I will never underestimate you again. Your downward slide knows no equal. I tip my hat to your shitty music.
To be fair she did say that is the worse song on the album. Not that I'm going to listen to it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Made it 25 seconds in that Nicki video. I no longer want to hit her with a brick, I want to hit her with a shovel full of bricks.

IrishNinja

how many real hits did ja rule have? ... two, three?

didnt he have some of the most successful joints out there for a while? i think you might be forgetting his captain-save-a-song days.

Made it 25 seconds in that Nicki video. I no longer want to hit her with a brick, I want to hit her with a shovel full of bricks.

aw you missed the ending, that's the best part
also: make sure you stretch first because that's an awful way to hurt your back

Holy fucking shit, nicki sucks. Fucking terrible.

"I am the female weezy"
indeed.

see i didn't think anyone was competing with her for such a title, then i made the mistake of checking twitter
related: way too much "video's just like classic missy!" shit

coldvein

Banned
didnt he have some of the most successful joints out there for a while? i think you might be forgetting his captain-save-a-song days.

he certainly did, i remember that. i was maybe a freshman in highschool.. i remember him putting out a couple heaters, and then doing duets with...people.. i dunno.

i remember ja rule saying something like "flickin ashes at cops while i'm ridin by" or some such.

hm. don't make me start listening to fucking ja rule again, gafhop.

Mr.Fresh

he certainly did, i remember that. i was maybe a freshman in highschool.. i remember him putting out a couple heaters, and then doing duets with...people.. i dunno.

i remember ja rule saying something like "flickin ashes at cops while i'm ridin by" or some such.

hm. don't make me start listening to fucking ja rule again, gafhop.
Hell yea. Ja had lots of hits. Especially with Ashanti and J lo. I remember walking to school listening to ja when I was in 5th or 6th grade.

related: way too much "video's just like classic missy!" shit

I remember when Nicki came out and she said something like 'I want to be like Missy one day' and without really realising it she's got her Missy act down pat, from the rapping/singing, different voices/styles and off-kilter beats even down to the Hype Williams directed videos.

Missy better not work with this bitch when she returns!

IrishNinja

she will.
she, kim and eve will do a remix to "itty bitty piggy" with mariah on the hook. Lauryn will come back for the remix (only to replace mariah), and MC Lyte will be referenced at least twice.
Yo-yo too, but accidentally. crackadamus has spoken; might wanna start making peace with all this.

TheOddOne

Wale: 'I Still Support' Pill Despite MMG Split
'I believe in Pill, and I'm sure Rozay believes in Pill, and we wish him the best,' Wale tells MTV News of former Maybach Music comrade.

There is no love lost between Maybach Music and Pill. Earlier this month, the Atlanta MC dropped a bomb when he revealed that he was working to terminate his deal with Warner Music Group and leave Rick Ross' Maybach Music crew.

There isn't any beef with Wale, though; the D.C. spitter told MTV News he still supports his former MMG comrade.

"Personal is personal, business is business. I'm friends with people that I've fired, so I've been in the game long enough to understand [you need to] separate the two," Wale said Wednesday when he walked the red carpet for the reopening of Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in New York. "So shout-out to Pill and what he's doin'."

On December 28, Pill vented via Twitter, criticizing his label for not providing enough television and radio support. Though the "Trap Goin' Ham" MC was featured heavily on Maybach's 2011 Self Made Vol. 1 compilation, on January 3, he told MTV News he was never actually signed to Ross' label. According to Pill, his recording contract was with MMG's parent label, Warner Bros.

Still, P-I-Double-L was included on a number of label-driven projects, appearing on the October XXL cover with Ross and company as well as a May 2011 episode of "RapFix Live" with Rozay, Wale and Meek Mill. In the end, however, things just didn't work out.

Though Pill is obviously frustrated, he maintains that he doesn't harbor any ill will toward anyone in MMG. "I ain't got nothing against none of them, nobody. It's just the situation don't work," Pill said matter-of-factly.

"I still support what he's doin'; it just didn't work out on the business side," Wale echoed. "Everybody gets chances, though. Everybody gets second, third, fourth, fifth chances. I believe in Pill, and I'm sure Rozay believes in Pill, and we wish him the best."
Pill signing to CTE in 3..2..1..

Detox

Reading through the OP again I see the initiation questions need to be changed as the Jay and Nas war has been reignited by the birth of the notorious BIC. Escobar's plan will be fulfilled by 2032 when BIC and Knight Jones marry and he lives off the Shawn Carter Foundation. Jay and Nas' grandchildren will resurrect mainstream hiphop with Jay Z's ear for beats and Nas' lyrical prowess.

There is a small chance this does not happen but the hiphop community must believe and through their collective willpower make this come true.

We need fanfiction to complete the Nas cycle :(

Well, The D.O.C. is from Dallas and DJ Premier is from Texas too...

yeah I knew about D.O.C. (who actually lives with Erykah here now, hah), though I was thinking more recently.

I think the dougie is our most recent hip-hop export, lol. And DJ Premier would be closer to Houston, which has a relatively established hip-hop scene.

Or maybe I just don't keep up with Dallas as much as I'd like. Anyhoo, these cats opened for her last night. Not bad.

Tguy said:
I'm going to miss those good songs you make :(

common.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Happy (belated) Birthday to the homie Irish. Irish is one of the few here that has the lowest blood hate concentration levels here.

Cant lie, I get crunk off of that haterade sometimes.

Detox

Badu with DOC explains Jay Elec on the GOOD album. He was kicked out of her home in Chelsea and Kanye let him stay in their hotel. Looking forward to seeing him busking in the underground for a plane ticket.

Badu with DOC explains Jay Elec on the GOOD album. He was kicked out of her home in Chelsea and Kanye let him stay in their hotel. Looking forward to seeing him busking in the underground for a plane ticket.

Is this a fact? I know they broke up or whatever, but staying in Kanye's hotel? Sounds crazy. Elec has his own place in London iirc where he's been for months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom